Edexcel Government & Politics - Unit 2 Governing the UK (09/06/16)

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    So are you lol that was one of the worst exams theyve ever made, same with you!!
    After all this revision we might have failed

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I stil can't get over that constitution question
    Normally they will put a year or UK in it. They made it so generic that it was almost like a guess in what to write?
    Do you talk about reforms or the Constiutiton should be reformed to a condified lol?
    Ah well it's done now lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    I stil can't get over that constitution question
    Normally they will put a year or UK in it. They made it so generic that it was almost like a guess in what to write?
    Do you talk about reforms or the Constiutiton should be reformed to a condified lol?
    Ah well it's done now lol
    I know I can't agree with you more...but how is your teacher sure 100% that it wasn't about codification??
    Honestly I just feel like crying 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    That exam was beatiful
    I talked abt reforms that were proposed or ones that were already put in place then argued how they could further it and then why they shouldnt ?

I mentioned
    Devolution
    AV
    Codified
    And another one i cant remember lol i wrote like 4 pages

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hurbad)
    That exam was beatiful
    I talked abt reforms that were proposed or ones that were already put in place then argued how they could further it and then why they shouldnt ?

I mentioned
    Devolution
    AV
    Codified
    And another one i cant remember lol i wrote like 4 pages
    Good at least you've answered the question right ☺️

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wait, I'm so confused. I thought codification was a reform? I wrote about that and the proposition of entrenchment for over half the essay, did I completely mess up?

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't make out what to do for constitution so I went with Judiciary and think I made out 4 good detailed paragraphs for it

ReputationRep:
    I think you could have written about codification as it is a reform of the constitution, however you had to speak about more reforms, such as devolution or further reform of House of Lords, or a Bill of Rights. But people who spoke about codification WILL get marks because it is a reform

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thesporkthief)
    Wait, I'm so confused. I thought codification was a reform? I wrote about that and the proposition of entrenchment for over half the essay, did I completely mess up?
    I did the same thing and apparently it's all ****inf wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Can someone explain what you had for say for the Parliament 10 marker, effectiveness of committees? i spoke about effectiveness of departmental select and legislative in 2 separate paras

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is a proposal and you could mention it, and how it would benefit the people and how it wouldn't

ReputationRep:
    Codification/Bill of Rights IS a reform. I thought the paper was absolutely lovely, so happy.

ReputationRep:
    How did everyone find it...I did the Constitution and ParliamentThe 25 marker I only made 3 points which I'm slightly worried about, but other than that I think it was okay.What examples did people use for the Parliament 10 Markers

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hurbad)
    Yeah it is a proposal and you could mention it, and how it would benefit the people and how it wouldn't
    Oh thank God. I talked about elected Lords and touched on AV and devolution but completely ran out of time. I was worried I'd lost my only properly developed points

ReputationRep:
    I thought that paper was really good as well, compared to last years exam and unit 1 i thought it went well. The judiciary 40 marker was so nice compared the the constitution one i thought as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollyadtr)
    I did the same thing and apparently it's all ****inf wrong

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Other people are saying its not wrong, so I'm staying hopeful. If this many people talked about codification it must be right. Right?

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was alright. Not amazing, but not terrible. Parliament 25 marker was pretty nice (talked about votes of no confidence, backbench rebellions and the house of lords); Constitution 40 marker was really strange, but I talked about how there should be more reform as parliament is currently flawed and rights are not protected too well, and that there shouldn't be reform as it may damage parliamentary sovereignty (through devolution) and that it might cause the constitution to become too codified and rigid (in literally the tiniest paragraph I have ever written cus of time).

ReputationRep:
    Other people are saying its not wrong, so I'm staying hopeful. If this many people talked about codification it must be right. Right?
    Yeah you did it right it you spoke about other things I just read your thing wrong and I thought you might have seen it so it was too late for me to edit it

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Oh thank God. I talked about elected Lords and touched on AV and devolution but completely ran out of time. I was worried I'd lost my only properly developed points
    I wrote the exact same thing as you and yeah i kinda ran outta time
    Did you mentioned "english law for english mps" ?

ReputationRep:
    Edexcel were really harsh this year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    Edexcel were really harsh this year
    Better start revising for the retake 😕

Posted from TSR Mobile

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: October 11, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Poll
Do you think sex education should be compulsory in schools?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.