CTAM: Count to a million (Part 11)

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CheeseIsVeg)
    :console: You're loved wherever you go tho
    Good day? 111,220
    Aww, thanks Cheese

Yep, it's been good today, busy but good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PerplexingGeode)
    That is precisely the case. Preferably, one does not want the battery warnings to occur, thus the battery should be replaced accordingly, to prevent such a situation.

I must admit, that three years is a decent length of time for a laptop battery, prior to it becoming critical.

Yes, I have noticed that; even Youtube does not result in vast CPU spikes! Oh dear, by throttling you mean the frame rate drops, there is a vast amount of lag and crashing on the webpages?

Yes, I completely concur with that; after all, the device/computer/laptop in question - cannot function without a usable battery!

:moon:

Yep - I didn't actually get the 40% "replace your battery" error on the Acer Aspire, however, seeing as though it was getting close, and that 1 hour of battery is not really long enough, I decided to replace it with the 9-cell battery that I am using now.
    3 years is quite good, and this is likely because I do not use my laptop on battery that often , unlike some people who use their batteries every day or every other day. The more you use a Li-Ion battery, the less charge it will hold the next time! People who use their batteries a lot may only get 18 months before requiring a replacement...

Youtube on 720p is just about OK on the Acer, though the temperatures do stay rather high, 1080p though is too much for the Acer and the CPU temps tend to go into the 90s, and the CPU has to throttle back, resulting in poor performance. By throttling, I mean that the CPU's speed and performance is severely decreased in order to make sure that temperatures do not get any higher, and shut the laptop down...

Yep, most devices need a decent battery!

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spotify95)
    Aww, thanks Cheese

Yep, it's been good today, busy but good

Same np :hugs:111,339

ReputationRep:

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Useful resources

Quick Link:

Unanswered Forum Games Threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.