Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamAndrews1)
    Ahh at least you've got an offer, that's the main thing Corpus looks lush (not as good as Sidney though ) Its going to be mayhem with the bikes...I think I may just walk. Or maybe everyone says that until they catch the Cambridge bike fever :eek:
    If you want to take up rowing a bike can be useful at 6am but most colleges are quite close to the lectures so it is not necessary otherwise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles2010)
    omg a Snowball!! that's does sound awesome
    haha I'm soo excited! the only problem is wearing dresses in Winter - freezing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CountDuckula)
    haha I'm soo excited! the only problem is wearing dresses in Winter - freezing!
    Most of the ball takes place inside, and the stuff that is outside is fairly warm.

Either that or you drink enough alcohol and you don't notice it..... :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles2010)
    Aww good luck! hope you get the A* (does it specify which subject?)
    Yeah me too, haha. Naw it can be in anything, I thought Bio would be a wonderful walk over, but as the jan exams reminded me, nothing in life is ever easy
    Good luck too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacke02)
    Depends though you might just not get an A* for a stupid reason like misreading a question. AHhhh

Does anyone know what happens if you get an A* in a different subject than the one on your offer? My A* is in psychology, but its the 'softest' out of all my subjects so surely getting an A* in math should be better anyway? Or does the offer go straight to your insurance?
    Oh fun times, we should get used to the pressure I guess, just incase we do get in! In mine they didn't specify, but I'm pretty sure the conditional is for the specified subject- if not you could always ring them up.
    But I wouldn't worry, wouldn't you be more likely to get an A* in an essay style subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kpatb)
    I'm Indian and yes, I live in a slightly problematic area, but we're safe for the time being
    Hahah me too, very excited and nervous.

Just go crash some other college's May Ball - duh!

First time I went to Cambridge was for my interview. I knew there were a lot of bikes around, but I dont think I had grasped the concept of 'Bike Fever' at that stage.
    So, The number of times my mother and I almost got run over by a bicycle was ridiculous. I never knew the darned things could be so dangerous -_- CURSE YOU, BIKES.
    haha i cannot agree more!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by colourfulcrissi)
    Oh fun times, we should get used to the pressure I guess, just incase we do get in! In mine they didn't specify, but I'm pretty sure the conditional is for the specified subject- if not you could always ring them up.
    But I wouldn't worry, wouldn't you be more likely to get an A* in an essay style subject?
    Psychology's abit of a dodgy subject, marking/questions can be weird. And no I'd probably do better in maths or physics at this rate... i got 86 UMS in psych and 94 UMS in maths which are both half of an a level for the A*. I can do good in physics but im hopeless at practicals which take up 20% of the marks.

Yeh apparently we get two essays a week for PPS, which doesn't sound as bad as something like medicine which hours of lectures a day (i think we only get 2-4 lectures a week or something). That doesn't sound too bad at the moment, especially if we don't get many lectures we would have quite alot of time to read for them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Got the tshirt)
    If you want to take up rowing a bike can be useful at 6am but most colleges are quite close to the lectures so it is not necessary otherwise.
    Rowing and polo It's a long walk to the stables otherwise :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Any medics out there please join this facebook group
    http://www.facebook.com/home.php?sk=...5&notif_t=like

(there's also an official 2011 cambridge offer holders group for all subjects )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SamAndrews1)
    Rowing and polo It's a long walk to the stables otherwise :rolleyes:
    I'm not sure if this is sarcy or not if not I don't half feel inferior haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by comrade_jon)
    I'm not sure if this is sarcy or not if not I don't half feel inferior haha
    Aha It wasn't particularly serious. I don't row btw but I am bringing my horse up with me (gonna be sooooo expensive ) so we're both going to have a culture shock I think!! :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jing_jing)
    I split it 50/50 Maths and Economics, they didn't seem to mind, didn't mention it at all.
    Woah, I thought my offer was terrible. How were your Jan results? That seems to be quite a nasty offer!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Phalange)
    Woah, I thought my offer was terrible. How were your Jan results? That seems to be quite a nasty offer!
    :laugh: Care to swap?

Bleh, not great, I got 89 in FP2 and I really did want over 90 or there's so much pressure on FP3 and M3 in summer, both of which are pretty horrible modules. And the only other exam I did was an M1 retake that was purely for pride (yes I'm weird like that XD) and a geography exam but Cam don't care what I get in geography at all! How did yours go?

ReputationRep:
    :laugh: Care to swap?

Bleh, not great, I got 89 in FP2 and I really did want over 90 or there's so much pressure on FP3 and M3 in summer, both of which are pretty horrible modules. And the only other exam I did was an M1 retake that was purely for pride (yes I'm weird like that XD) and a geography exam but Cam don't care what I get in geography at all! How did yours go?
    Well, I need A* in Biology and Chemistry. So I got 93 in Chemistry and 88 in Biology. Decided to retake Biology in June in order to try to boost my UMS so I won't need to rely too much on the Unit 5 exam
    Maths and Psychology were ok. I calculated I need 50 UMS in M1 and 70 UMS in Psychology to get A overall in both of them = nice

Good luck though. I've heard of people almost meeting offers but still being accepted

ReputationRep:
    Well, I need A* in Biology and Chemistry. So I got 93 in Chemistry and 88 in Biology. Decided to retake Biology in June in order to try to boost my UMS so I won't need to rely too much on the Unit 5 exam
    Maths and Psychology were ok. I calculated I need 50 UMS in M1 and 70 UMS in Psychology to get A overall in both of them = nice

Good luck though. I've heard of people almost meeting offers but still being accepted
    You don't happy to be on AQA biology do you? I decided not to retake FP2 as it would be on the same day as M3 and STEP II, and it's really just too much and not worth it! That sounds good! Have you already done C3 and C4? I worked out if I can score 90 in both C3 and C4 which is what I'm going to need for an A* anyway, I only need 4 UMS in M2 :laugh:

:yep: I'm not too fussed if I don't get in actually, just got an offer from LSE which I love equally, perhaps their course moreso than Cambridge's!

ReputationRep:
    You don't happy to be on AQA biology do you? I decided not to retake FP2 as it would be on the same day as M3 and STEP II, and it's really just too much and not worth it! That sounds good! Have you already done C3 and C4? I worked out if I can score 90 in both C3 and C4 which is what I'm going to need for an A* anyway, I only need 4 UMS in M2 :laugh:

:yep: I'm not too fussed if I don't get in actually, just got an offer from LSE which I love equally, perhaps their course moreso than Cambridge's!
    AQA Biology yes. Evil exam board
    Yes 3 exams on one day would be tiring. Yup I did C3/C4 in Jan so now I just have M1 in June
    You only need 90%+ average in C3/C4 for A* in Maths which is quite nice

Yup I got a UCL offer which I'd be equally as happy to go to. Plus it's in London which is just awesome.

ReputationRep:
    AQA Biology yes. Evil exam board
    Yes 3 exams on one day would be tiring. Yup I did C3/C4 in Jan so now I just have M1 in June
    You only need 90%+ average in C3/C4 for A* in Maths which is quite nice

Yup I got a UCL offer which I'd be equally as happy to go to. Plus it's in London which is just awesome.
    Oh god, tell me about it! Unit 4... *shudder* We're about to start practising essays I think which I'm not sure whether I'm looking forwards to or dreading! Still nothing can be worse than ecology!

Ah lucky! I wish I could have done at least C3 early, no, instead they enter me for FP2 Don't think they quite thought that one through!

Yep, by 90 in C3 and C4 I mean 180 UMS overall xD It is lovely that only the core modules count because they're by far my favourite!

Yeah! London looks amazing doesn't it! Although SO expensive!

ReputationRep:
    Oh god, tell me about it! Unit 4... *shudder* We're about to start practising essays I think which I'm not sure whether I'm looking forwards to or dreading! Still nothing can be worse than ecology!

Ah lucky! I wish I could have done at least C3 early, no, instead they enter me for FP2 Don't think they quite thought that one through!

Yep, by 90 in C3 and C4 I mean 180 UMS overall xD It is lovely that only the core modules count because they're by far my favourite!

Yeah! London looks amazing doesn't it! Although SO expensive!
    We do essays in Psychology so I'm not too worried about them. That's the only useful skill I have learnt in Psychology :hmmm:

So you only have one shot at C3 in June? My teachers said the C3 exam this year was particularly nasty so hopefully in June it will be easier.

Well, Cambridge is nice but I would miss the concerts, resturants, shops, family etc that you get in London

ReputationRep:
    We do essays in Psychology so I'm not too worried about them. That's the only useful skill I have learnt in Psychology :hmmm:

So you only have one shot at C3 in June? My teachers said the C3 exam this year was particularly nasty so hopefully in June it will be easier.

Well, Cambridge is nice but I would miss the concerts, resturants, shops, family etc that you get in London
    xD I hear my friends complain about Psychology ALL the time! Quite glad I didn't take it. Still, geography is a massive waste of time in my opinion and I don't think I've learnt anything either

Yep, I'm on OCR though. We did the Jan paper for our mock last month and I did absolutely fine in it. Now my teacher regrets not entering me, but at the time the school though it was unfair if only I was entered and not the rest of the class :rolleyes:

:yep: There are pros and cons to both universities, and in the end it is what you make it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -jessica)
    Is anyone else worried about the workload and how stressful it might be at Cambridge?
    A bit, yes, but I think we'll get used to it. Besides, they wouldn't have given us offers if they didn't think we could cope, so although it'll probably be a shock at first I think we'll survive
    Which subject is your offer for?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.