The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Malevolent
I didn't watch the game due to some current housing problems but I've said before. Fabregas is too good to be left on the bench but he doesn't fit well with 3 other central midfielders. Tello needs to be starting or Villa so to stretch the other teams. I can bet without even watching the game there was hardly any attacks coming down the wing that it was all central?

Yeah, when tello came on you actually started looking like you were going to score and you did through alba. Although I don't think madrid gave a damn at that point, they changed their midfield to a khedira, essien and pepe partnership when they went 3-0 up and put on callejon up front. Higuain did well as well, made good runs to confuse the defenders but di maria and ronaldo were absolutely outstanding. Pique had a **** game too and puyol ended up doing the splits when di maria got into space.

Tello should have a shirt under 25 next season. He's improved massively and gives you a new plan. Think you should play fabregas up front tbh if you're using the 3 midfielders.
Just thought I'd share this channel with you guys. He's a Barca fan who regularly uploads videos from the Camp Nou and away.
Wonder what Madrid's team will be today, reckon we'll rest alonso, khedeira di maria & ozil

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1343
Brilliant cross from Morata there.
BBC live feed commentator just said 'is messi's equaliser the moment to rejuvenate barcas season?'.. Have I missed the point where they've lost la liga then?!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by kylecroxford
BBC live feed commentator just said 'is messi's equaliser the moment to rejuvenate barcas season?'.. Have I missed the point where they've lost la liga then?!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Think it's more to do with the fact that they're unlikely to progress in the CL and were knocked out of the Copa del Rey. Only winning the league is disappointing if you look at the players Barcelona possess. They should be challenging for the treble.
Reply 1346
Is it just me or does Real's setup look like:

Essien Ramos Varane Coentrao
Modric Pepe

Would have thought Pepe, Essien and Ramos would have been playing in their natural positions!
Iniesta is just ridiculous.
And people claim Barcelona get all the decisions, how the hell did the ref miss that.
Reply 1349
That was a penalty.....ref was just ridiculous.
There was contact but it was never a pen, Adriano threw himself to the ground.

LOL at that Valdes red though.
I had a match that kicked off at three - so, what did I miss? :holmes:
Original post by KingMessi
I had a match that kicked off at three - so, what did I miss? :holmes:

Benzema scored an early goal from a fantastic Morata cross. Barca replied quickly through a Messi finish which Lopez should have done better on. Barca then dominated possession for the rest of the half without much incisiveness, I got the impression both teams would be content with a draw at this point. The second half exploded into life when Ronaldo came on, he had an immediate impact and pretty much changed the dynamic of the game.

He hit the crossbar with a fantastic free-kick and generally Barca were terrified of him whenever he had the ball. Towards the end Ramos scored from a corner with a fantastic header which gave Madrid the three points, it may not mean much in terms of the title race but it's disappointing that Barca didn't put up much of a fight after being humbled in mid-week in their own back yard. They're really in a bad situation right now, need Tito back ASAP. Barca should have had a penalty towards the end so can feel a bit hard done by. After the final whistle there was a bit of handbags (as expected, it's a Clasico) and Valdes got a red card.
So many rumours flying about that Valdes punched the referee in the changing rooms and has been detained by Madrid police. Most likely bull****, but God I hope it isn't.

Edit: It is false lol.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
There was contact but it was never a pen, Adriano threw himself to the ground.

LOL at that Valdes red though.

He got pulled back by Ramos and kicked in the knee.
Original post by TheInvincibles14
Benzema scored an early goal from a fantastic Morata cross. Barca replied quickly through a Messi finish which Lopez should have done better on. Barca then dominated possession for the rest of the half without much incisiveness, I got the impression both teams would be content with a draw at this point. The second half exploded into life when Ronaldo came on, he had an immediate impact and pretty much changed the dynamic of the game.

He hit the crossbar with a fantastic free-kick and generally Barca were terrified of him whenever he had the ball. Towards the end Ramos scored from a corner with a fantastic header which gave Madrid the three points, it may not mean much in terms of the title race but it's disappointing that Barca didn't put up much of a fight after being humbled in mid-week in their own back yard. They're really in a bad situation right now, need Tito back ASAP. Barca should have had a penalty towards the end so can feel a bit hard done by. After the final whistle there was a bit of handbags (as expected, it's a Clasico) and Valdes got a red card.

Thank you for all of that. So Ronaldo didn't start? And Morata did? Well, that clearly sends out the message that Mourinho has all but conceded the league title - which is understandable. Aside from that, I completely agree that the wheels are coming off of the Barcelona bandwagon at the moment and they are losing momentum game by game. They'll no doubt still win the league - bar a ridiculous collapse - but they certainly aren't appearing as formidable as they were in the winter.
Original post by scotttb
He got pulled back by Ramos and kicked in the knee.

Ramos did not pull him back.
Like I said, there was contact but not enough to take Adriano down. He threw himself to the ground.
He went down easily but it was still a clear as daylight penalty.
Original post by KingMessi
Thank you for all of that. So Ronaldo didn't start? And Morata did? Well, that clearly sends out the message that Mourinho has all but conceded the league title - which is understandable. Aside from that, I completely agree that the wheels are coming off of the Barcelona bandwagon at the moment and they are losing momentum game by game. They'll no doubt still win the league - bar a ridiculous collapse - but they certainly aren't appearing as formidable as they were in the winter.

I'd say that they were at their peak around november-january before villanova was ill rather than the whole winter. They were very convincing in the win to atletico, the malaga match, the el classico 2-2 etc but it's not been the same since mid january.
Original post by IWantSomeMushu
Ramos did not pull him back.
Like I said, there was contact but not enough to take Adriano down. He threw himself to the ground.

Yes ok, of course he did he plays for Barcelona :rolleyes:

Latest