Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA GCSE English Literature Exams - 20th and 23rd May 2013 *OFFICAL THREAD* Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SS_Ldn)
    What are people's ssuggested timings on Part B - Of mice and men, Should my Part A be Longer or the Part B Thanks.
    Its suggested to spend 45 mins on your of mice and men part B. Since the exam itself is 1hr 30mins that leaves you 45mins for part A

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SS_Ldn)
    What are people's ssuggested timings on Part B - Of mice and men, Should my Part A be Longer or the Part B Thanks.
    Part A : Part B
    2:1

ReputationRep:
    When it says what techniques does Steinbeck use for the part a extract!!!

Can you talk about language or does it have to be devices :O??

ReputationRep:
    Is it bad that my school are not giving us new copies but are making us use our old ones but asking us to clean all notes out?
    I'm sure people will cheat
    Do you think it's because my school can't afford to buy us new copies? or..?? are they supplied free of charge from aqa, if so would anyone know why we don't get them?

I go to a charity church funded school..
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    Can anyone help me with analysis of george and candy on OMAM?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sneakbo2)
    Mrs. Birling represents an example of someone who has sinned in this morality play although it is somewhat secular. Mrs.Birling denies Eva any help or aid for her unborn child and calls her "impertinent" even though she knows she is of a lower social class; this could give imply connotations of Mrs.Birling's pride engrossing her as she believes she is better than Eva and believes that the fact that someone of a lower social class used the Birling name is unforgivable. Pride is one of the seven deadly sins and is represented through Mrs. Birling in this play. Priestley presents some of those of middle class who are living a high standard of life as sinners who are not contributing positively society on the moral scale and as a member of the audience it makes you start to consider your actions as well as how you treat other people. Made that up on the spot
    jetski wavee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VickyHendry)
    Is it bad that my school are not giving us new copies but are making us use our old ones but asking us to clean all notes out?
    I'm sure people will cheat
    Do you think it's because my school can't afford to buy us new copies? or..?? are they supplied free of charge from aqa, if so would anyone know why we don't get them?

I go to a charity church funded school..
    Thanks!
    I don't think they get funded from AQA but exam texts should be priority for school funds.

People may try to cheat by the invigilators will see the texts as they walk around and if they see notes they have to disqualify you.

ReputationRep:
    i got an A* 36/40 in my cw (25%) if i get an average or high B could i get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tatwriter)
    I don't think they get funded from AQA but exam texts should be priority for school funds.

People may try to cheat by the invigilators will see the texts as they walk around and if they see notes they have to disqualify you.
    My school are not giving us new books either (not showing off but I go a private school so they should be able to afford it)
    They are going to check all our books before the exam to make sure there are no annotations

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elm Tree)
    jetski wavee
    looooooool + i'm scared I absolutely have to get an a* in this exam

ReputationRep:
    boooooooo you all, IGCSE is way harder

ReputationRep:
    i got an A* 36/40 in my cw (25%) if i get an average or high B could i get an A overall?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olympiad)
    My school are not giving us new books either (not showing off but I go a private school so they should be able to afford it)
    They are going to check all our books before the exam to make sure there are no annotations

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It sucks, I'd have loved to highlight all over mine! haha, good luck guys!

ReputationRep:
    I really hope Eric comes up for IC and nature setting for mice and men or else I'm screwed.Hello D!-.-

ReputationRep:
    Guys... I have one (yes ONLY ONE) top tip to getting the A* and beyond.... You get the idea.... The tip is.......

..... Make up a ****e tonne of crap and feel like a huge douché as you're writing it...

If you do this simple thing, the A* will be in yo pocket like a bwasssssss

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    can anyone think of possible characters that haven't come up before? for Of Mice And Men?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dazzer19)
    Guys... I have one (yes ONLY ONE) top tip to getting the A* and beyond.... You get the idea.... The tip is.......

..... Make up a ****e tonne of crap and feel like a huge douché as you're writing it...

If you do this simple thing, the A* will be in yo pocket like a bwasssssss

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Def will keep reading this advice so it sticks in my head, thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    How many PEE paragraphs do you think I'll need for LOTF

ReputationRep:
    Does everyone have their exam tomorrow? mines at 8:40 start :/
    Also is anyone doing sunlight on the grass and To kill a mockingbird

ReputationRep:
    I predict Elizabeth or Danforth will come up for The Crucible.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
    Useful resources

Make your revision easier

OMAM

Ultimate Of Mice And Men Thread

Plot, context, character analysis and everything in between.

Notes

Revision Hub

All our revision materials in one place

Love books

Common grammar and vocabulary problems

Get your questions asked and answered

Useful literary websitesStudy help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.