Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

15 August 2013 A-Level results: Discussion thread - results day is here! watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PythianLegume)
    Research methods are awesome. I think everyone taking some form of science A-Level should take a compulsory course on the scientific method and basic philosophy of science. People have such a lack of understanding with regards to how science actually works.
    it's alright, just in terms of psychology it's not as interesting as the other topics haha.
    it is easy marks in the exam though :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I saw someone talking about WJEC releasing the results later? What does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MiaDreams)
    I saw someone talking about WJEC releasing the results later? What does that mean?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Release their grade boundaries on the day of the exam not before

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeniknak)
    we did.....
    research methods (you have to do this, sigh!!!)
    anomalistic
    phobias
    aggression
    intelligence
    sleep/bio rhythms

psychology was my favourite subject but some topics are really, really boring. equally some are super interesting though haha!

do you know which youre doing?
    I'm looking forward to RM actually I actually like it

I'm doing aggression, relationships, gender, schizophrenia and media. Almost entirely different to what you did
    (Original post by lauren_denman)
    I prefered relationships personally as aggression seemed to be really biology related and I prefer the psychological side which was more in relationships. Plus I found relationships much easier to get to grips with and learn.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I would have thought it would be the other way round. I really hate biology, hated the stress section in AS as well but something about relationships doesn't really appeal to me.. if that makes sense

Good luck for 6 days hopefully you've done well! And thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jayqwe)
    If I were to study economics at uni, what subject should i drop when i start A2, Applied ICT or Chemistry? I am going to definitely stick with Maths and Economics, but still deciding between one of those two subjects :s
    Applied ICT.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mynameisntbobk)
    I'm looking forward to RM actually I actually like it

I'm doing aggression, relationships, gender, schizophrenia and media. Almost entirely different to what you did

I would have thought it would be the other way round. I really hate biology, hated the stress section in AS as well but something about relationships doesn't really appeal to me.. if that makes sense

Good luck for 6 days hopefully you've done well! And thank you
    woah haha! almost all different.
    aggression was my favourite though so hopefully you enjoy that!

ReputationRep:
    So how do we find out the grade boundaries on the day before? Do AQA/OCR just upload them to their websites for everyone to see or is it only for teachers to see?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glbxx)
    Hello, I've just completed OCR Psychology A2
    I saw your other post about doing forensic and health psychology modules - I did these too. In health we did Stress, Disorders and Dysfunctional Behaviour. In Forensics we did topics about profiling, imprisonment etc etc.
    I would say the most important thing is to make study cards every week for the studies you have just covered. We did 3 studies a week, resulting in about 54 studies to learn for the G543 exam. You will probably get a big booklet with all the studies in which you will work through, but it is also important to make your own revision cards, as you can use little clip arts and images to help you remember the info the more you can remember from each study, the better ! I made mine using microsoft word, put loads of stupid little images in them and that was so helpful when it came to remembering information. Make it personal to you.
    You seem enthusiastic about the course, which is fab. Try to keep up that interest and keep on top of essays which your teachers will probably set you. Even if the teachers don't collect them in (mine often didn't once we were comfortable with the exam technique), it's still good practice! If you have any other questions please feel free to message me.
    Best of luck
    Yeah thanks for this. Although I am not doing it at UNI I am really interested by it probably why I chose to do my EPQ on it as I am doing how mental hospitals have changed in the last 60 years? Remember Rosenhan from AS I was really interested by it as it was based in the 1970s so I have chosen to do it for my EPQ haha.:cool:

Questions is health psychology purely about mental disorders or are there other things that you learn about?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    So how do we find out the grade boundaries on the day before? Do AQA/OCR just upload them to their websites for everyone to see or is it only for teachers to see?
    Grade boundaries are uploaded on exam boards' official websites the day before the results day so everyone could access them
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    PS Reviewer
    Anyone have the AQA mark schemes?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Matt_dragon)
    Grade boundaries are uploaded on exam boards' official websites the day before the results day so everyone could access them
    Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    I feel sick already oh god

ReputationRep:
    I didn't have a dream about results day for once! I dreamt I was a police officer and someone stole the keys to my car then chopped the roof off very strange

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by James A)
    Anyone have the AQA mark schemes?
    I think AQA releases them on the 14th. We have a lil' while to go yet!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infamous12)
    Thanks!
    Any time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lukeniknak)
    woah haha! almost all different.
    aggression was my favourite though so hopefully you enjoy that!

Hopefully it sounds interesting enough.

Good luck for results day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    A lot of people seem to have done AQA psychology, anyone did OCR can you tell me how difficult it is.
    I did ocr psychology and i'm gonna be honest. It was the hardest a level of mine and it involved remembering about 70 studies aswell as exam technique! So wish i'd dropped it at AS and carried on with french.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmeg)
    I did ocr psychology and i'm gonna be honest. It was the hardest a level of mine and it involved remembering about 70 studies aswell as exam technique! So wish i'd dropped it at AS and carried on with french.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    As long as the studies are interesting then I like learning them, how interesting did you find them compared to the studies at AS. Also what other subjects did you do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by smithstefan1995)
    Declined my offer but it is pretty nice
    How comes? It is

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kingdoo)
    As long as the studies are interesting then I like learning them, how interesting did you find them compared to the studies at AS. Also what other subjects did you do?
    Oh the studies themselves are far more interesting than AS definitely! The forensic ones are the best in my opinion! The ones at AS seemed very unrelated to real life whereas in A2 they use alot of case studies and real situations :-). I took English Lit, Biology, Drama and Psychology, obviously

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.