The Student Room Group

This discussion is now closed.

Check out other Related discussions

Mental Health Support Society Mk X

Scroll to see replies

Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd
Well done hun! That can't have been easy for you at all and must have taken real strength :jumphug:

I'm OK. Though think I've gone a bit bonkers. Booked myself for a tattoo consultation :eek3: :confused: :lolwut:

Thanks. :hugs: Well he just kept on getting more and more controlling. He also has some pretty serious anger management issues so to be fair I didn't want to carry on in that relationship.

Potential ED/maybe relationship? trigger

Haha what tattoo you getting? :colone:
Original post by PonchoKid
naa i like meaningful tattoos, the one on my shoulder is of an angel killing a devil (some religious people apparently) but i see it as the good overtaking the bad parts of my life
and my other is a yin yang sign with a red rose going through it (representing my mum and lancashire) then "Carpe Diem" written around the edge :smile:

they dont hurt at all :tongue:

Oh they don't? That's good :biggrin: Are they ticklish? Coz I don't wanna move and ruin the design! :eek:

Your tattoos sound great! Angel could be St Michael the archangel, if it's a specific angel that was tattooed onto you :yes:

I drew up the design (not for a tattoo, just for... I dunno. I don't remember how it all started tbh! :o: ) when I was in my major psychotic episode in Oxford. Some people, my sister included, are like "why do you want psychosis/trauma/reminders of abusive tutor on your back?!?!?!" but for me it is also a symbol of good overcoming bad :five:

Original post by Aemiliana
Thanks. :hugs: Well he just kept on getting more and more controlling. He also has some pretty serious anger management issues so to be fair I didn't want to carry on in that relationship.

Potential ED/maybe relationship? trigger

Haha what tattoo you getting?

Spoiler

The picture next to my username (I forget the technical name for it. Is it an avatar? Or am I just thinking of the film? :ninja: )
(edited 10 years ago)
Oh they don't? That's good :biggrin: Are they ticklish? Coz I don't wanna move and ruin the design! :eek:

Your tattoos sound great! Angel could be St Michael the archangel, if it's a specific angel that was tattooed onto you :yes:

I drew up the design (not for a tattoo, just for... I dunno. I don't remember how it all started tbh! :o: ) when I was in my major psychotic episode in Oxford. Some people, my sister included, are like "why do you want psychosis/trauma/reminders of abusive tutor on your back?!?!?!" but for me it is also a symbol of good overcoming bad :five:

i dont think they do anyway

Spoiler

its that \/ i only got told it religious by my RE teacher after i had it done, for me it symbolises the fact that at the time id come out of years of self destruct and id over come the bad.

Spoiler

its a really good design! thats exactly what mine stand for, and i think its really good that your getting it done, i dont think youll regret it at all :nah:
Reply 1343
The picture next to my username :yep: Although I'm having to alter the wording a bit in the second line, since I am reliably informed by two classicists that it does not make any sense atm :p:

That sounds awesome! I have always wanted one but never actually settled on something that I know i'd want on my body for life.

Spoiler

its that \/ i only got told it religious by my RE teacher after i had it done, for me it symbolises the fact that at the time id come out of years of self destruct and id over come the bad.

Spoiler

its a really good design! thats exactly what mine stand for, and i think its really good that your getting it done, i dont think youll regret it at all :nah:

Oh wow, your design is amazing! Really beautifully done :love: Thanks hun, I don't think I'll regret it either. Well, not until my parents find out anyway :lol:

Original post by Idle
That sounds awesome! I have always wanted one but never actually settled on something that I know i'd want on my body for life.

Thanks hun :hugs: How are you doing these days anyway? You holding up OK?

Yeah, I've had various fleeting ideas, most of them linked to my psychosis :colondollar:
I survived! Way less anxious than last night! Didn't feel sick this morning, headache I've had all day is gone and I finally had a shower. :biggrin:
Haven't got any work done yet but it's still progress. Over half way through my first prescription. Things are starting to look up. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Spoiler

Spoiler

That is a beautiful tattoo! I want a tattoo but I haven't settled on a design. Forgive the cliched question but what does it actually feel like getting them done? Pain as such doesn't bother me but the whole 'needle' thing freaks me out because of medical connotations :redface:
Reply 1347
Me? Rebellious? NEVER! :nah:

:ninja:

I'm good thanks. Got the whole of half-term off work! :woo:

Aw, thanks :colondollar: I thought everyone would think it's really naff. Am interested in what the tattoo artist will have to say about it! :yes:

That's good that you found it therapeutic! I'm scared about the pain :o: I figure it's now or never though, money-wise :eek:

:biggrin:

Sounds great :smile: Yeah tattoo design looks good :yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi new to post.
In regards to tattoo's it's such a strange feeling that it's hard to explain. I know that's not useful to use at all but yeah. Um I think it kinda feels like a deep vibration in a way?
I just got my first on Wednesday, and it was on my ribs so maybe it only felt this way because it's quite a bony area but yeah I think vibration is the closest description I can think of :s it is so hard to explain though.
I also know you said pain doesn't bother you but my lord the outline was worse pain than I have felt ever in my life oh my gosh, again, that could be because it was on the ribs though - my artist thought I was mad getting my first on my ribs!

Also looked through the last few pages and it seems to be mostly the same people posting.. Do you have room for someone new? (A)
Original post by octoberbaby
Hi new to post.
In regards to tattoo's it's such a strange feeling that it's hard to explain. I know that's not useful to use at all but yeah. Um I think it kinda feels like a deep vibration in a way?
I just got my first on Wednesday, and it was on my ribs so maybe it only felt this way because it's quite a bony area but yeah I think vibration is the closest description I can think of :s it is so hard to explain though.
I also know you said pain doesn't bother you but my lord the outline was worse pain than I have felt ever in my life oh my gosh, again, that could be because it was on the ribs though - my artist thought I was mad getting my first on my ribs!

Also looked through the last few pages and it seems to be mostly the same people posting.. Do you have room for someone new? (A)

Hi! Welcome to the Soc and thanks for your description for us tattoos newbies :biggrin:

Always room for someone new - I've just been spamming today coz I'm on annual leave from work :ahee:

:colondollar:

Yay! Another newbie :biggrin: of corse there's room, the more the merrier :smile:
(Incase you haven't guessed, I'm quite new too)
Introduce yourself if you like (You don't have to though). See you around :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Haha that's no problem, like I said I find it really hard to describe so if anyone else disagrees they should feel fine to post it :smile:. Ahaha okay well that's a good a reason as any.
Haha did you do a little introduction? If so what did you say?
Having a **** week.. a **** life.. just generally feeling like ****. Trying so hard to see the positives... but is it sad that I can't find any? Life's getting too much lately, I'm in the safest place possible.. yet I don't even have the courage to tell staff how I'm feeling let alone be able to feel safe here.
Ive never felt so alone in my life. I just wanna cry and vent to my friend by texting her but i feel like i'll bother her. Im so sad right now. I dont even know what im doing anymore. :cry2: Im just going through life cos thats what you're expected to do, but i dont even want to.

Sorry for the negativeness. Im just so overwhelmed with everything right now. :bawling:

Spoiler

The picture next to my username (I forget the technical name for it. Is it an avatar? Or am I just thinking of the film? :ninja: )

Yeah, he was a douche. He claimed to have PTSD as a result of being abused as a kid but, without meaning to sound like a bitch or belittling other people mental health issues, it just doesn't add up. I sound horrible saying this, but a part of me thinks that maybe all his comments about 'oh well I do this because of my past' were a method of trying to control me somehow.

I don't know, all I know is he was getting worse as time went on. Maybe I am seeing things that weren't there but I didn't feel happy or confident in that relationship so yay! Single!

Aww that sounds like a really nice idea :h:
Reply 1355
You got exams at the moment? Or just finding life tough?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1356
Still feeling really ****. And my jealousy issues have flared up recently too :sad: Gonna be a tough week too as it is the holidays. I did manage to vaguely mention to a teacher that I was having problems at home, and she was quite sympathetic :smile:

Now need to try not to cry :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by eddie4921
Ive never felt so alone in my life. I just wanna cry and vent to my friend by texting her but i feel like i'll bother her. Im so sad right now. I dont even know what im doing anymore. :cry2: Im just going through life cos thats what you're expected to do, but i dont even want to.

Sorry for the negativeness. Im just so overwhelmed with everything right now. :bawling:

negativeness is fine, I'm pretty sure this thread is exactly for this kind of reason - venting. Is there anything in particular you'd like to talk about? Like the kind of thing you were going to vent to your friend about?

Original post by -FireFlies-
Having a **** week.. a **** life.. just generally feeling like ****. Trying so hard to see the positives... but is it sad that I can't find any? Life's getting too much lately, I'm in the safest place possible.. yet I don't even have the courage to tell staff how I'm feeling let alone be able to feel safe here.

Don't really know you/your situation to help out right. you say you're in the safest place possible, is it okay to ask where you are? Also if it's the kind of lines I'm thinking of then maybe you might be able to see that perhaps family/friends care about you enough to try put you somewhere safe?
Haha that's no problem, like I said I find it really hard to describe so if anyone else disagrees they should feel fine to post it :smile:. Ahaha okay well that's a good a reason as any.
Haha did you do a little introduction? If so what did you say?

I just said hey and a little about what I'm going through and why I'm here. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by avhhs
Still feeling really ****. And my jealousy issues have flared up recently too :sad: Gonna be a tough week too as it is the holidays. I did manage to vaguely mention to a teacher that I was having problems at home, and she was quite sympathetic :smile:

Now need to try not to cry :cry2:

Posted from TSR Mobile

well done for talking to someone about it though! It can really help, especially good news that they were sympathetic, even if it just means they put a bit less pressure on you

Latest