Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Leicester Medical Applicants 2014 Watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hippysnake)
    I'm an 'existing' med student. Apparently, if you turned up to your interview with a badger in your pocket you were 50% more likely to get an offer.

Moral of the story: Rumors and just that. Rumors.
    Exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Boy)
    I think I've done reasonably well apart from 2 stations which were BAD! (as in I'll score less than 50% for sure)

Is it just me or could you actually see how they were scoring you on some stations??
    Yes! There was one station where I saw him circling my score!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medicine Boy)
    Was anyone here in the middle morning session today by any chance?
    Me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiab3)
    Me
    were you in the blue or yellow sticker group?
    How did you find the interview?

seeing them marking my answers was quite intimidating I must say!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hipokrates)
    Not great. Not very hopeful

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Exactly the same here (had mine a few days ago)...didn't go particularly well.

ReputationRep:
    When do you guys think Leicester will get back to us, post-interview?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GCSE-help)
    When do you guys think Leicester will get back to us, post-interview?
    Last year they gave the absolute best people offers around the 20th December and then left the rest till March

I can safely say that given my performance if I get an offer (90% sure I won't) then it'll be in March Shame as Leicester is awesome

(Original post by joeymr)
      Southampton, getting the coach gonna be a long journey, the coach is going to Leicester via London so its about a 6 hour drive wbu?
      im driving down from leeds so only a 2 and a half hour journey for me. I've been working nights and sleeping through the day because im a school leaver so my biggest worry is falling asleep during the interview aha

ReputationRep:
      Hey How are you feeling?

Oh wow, try and get some before Monday! Just preparing for the questions im expecting to be asked, i.e. why medicine etc. I really dont believe these guys when they say that we don't need to prepare how about you?
      Same, I suppose there's only so much we can do, I hate not knowing what the stations are.. Ive done a lot on ethics and decision making because I think it'll help in the role play stations. I managed to get a full 8 hours sleep last night but I'm not sure about tonight! Good luck for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
      how long is it per station?

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Sanika21)
      how long is it per station?
      7 minutes, 8 stations

ReputationRep:
      Hi guys,

Just a few quick questions which I'd be grateful if you could help me with before my interview tomorrow! :eek:

So Leicester do prosection, right?
      And 'Most of your learning, however, takes place in small groups. You will work on structured, clinically related problems.' is a quote from the Medicine prospectus...so is this essentially PBL?

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
      MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW AFTERNOON AND IM FREAKING OUT

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nicolaa)
      Hi guys,

Just a few quick questions which I'd be grateful if you could help me with before my interview tomorrow! :eek:

And 'Most of your learning, however, takes place in small groups. You will work on structured, clinically related problems.' is a quote from the Medicine prospectus...so is this essentially PBL?

Thank you!
      They mainly do dissection and the grpoup work is seminars etc and complements the lectures; i.e.. it is not the main focus of the course (from what I gathered on the tour)

Posted from TSR Mobile
      Don't worry, its an enjoyable day and you'll do great

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Dr. Django)
      They mainly do dissection and the grpoup work is seminars etc and complements the lectures; i.e.. it is not the main focus of the course (from what I gathered on the tour)

Right, thank you for such a quick response! Ah, I'm actually terrified!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
      ME TOO

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by nicolaa)

Thank you!
      Just to clarify:

1) Leicester offer full body dissection (mainly during the Musculoskeletal Module in Semester 2 and the Head and Neck Module in Semester 4) but prosections are also available.

2) Each day typically consists of: 2 hours of lectures followed by 2 hours of group work whereby there are structured questions for you and your group to work through. The questions are based on the lectures and aim to consolidate your knowledge and help link and apply the concepts.

Leicester is not PBL, but rather an 'integrated' course

Good luck with your interviews!

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by h3isenberg)
      MATE, MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW MORNING :eek:
      You'll all be fine I had mine last week, there's nothing you can really do to prepare, so just relax now :P

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
      Anyone else got their interview tomorrow morning?

ReputationRep:

Is it really? I cant help but feel that i will spend the majority of it hyperventilating :/

(Original post by spangie)
      ME TOO
      (Original post by h3isenberg)
      MATE, MY INTERVIEW IS TOMORROW MORNING :eek:
      AAAAH im so scared! Good luck guys!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.