Turn on thread page Beta

GCSE OCR 21st Century Triple Science (CBP1-7) Thread watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ganners28)
    Yeah, that's right, I think! The more current, the more energy, the more light?
    That's not the case though :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible for a 6 marker to come up on how nuclear reactor works?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by olmyster911)
    In what situation? That doesn't actually work, or the science is incorrect?

Ah, i'm confused now, too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mmaryam)
    Is it possible for a 6 marker to come up on how nuclear reactor works?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They can literally make a 6 marker on anything

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saeranee)
    can someone make a list of all the formlae for P4 please??
    I'm so bad with calculations but, they will be at the front of the paper

ReputationRep:
    In what situation? That doesn't actually work, or the science is incorrect?

Ah, i'm confused now, too!
    "In darkness the resistance is highest which makes it useful for automatic night lights" :confused:

ReputationRep:
    This website explains it pretty well..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...ancerev6.shtml

I think we're getting confused. We don't control LDR's; they control the light intensity within a circuit. If we wanted to control light, we would add more bulbs to the circuit.

ReputationRep:
    "In darkness the resistance is highest which makes it useful for automatic night lights" :confused:
    That makes sense, I think. The more light a component has, the greater the energy and current it has. Therefore, the resistance is low.

Conversely, if there isn't a lot of light, the current is reduced and the resistance is highest.

ReputationRep:
    This website explains it pretty well..

http://www.bbc.co.uk/schools/gcsebit...ancerev6.shtml

I think we're getting confused. We don't control LDR's; they control the light intensity within a circuit. If we wanted to control light, we would add more bulbs to the circuit.
    I think I understand it a bit more now! I still hope it doesn't come up in the exam though..

ReputationRep:
    I think I understand it a bit more now! I still hope it doesn't come up in the exam though..
    Me too! Can you imagine if it happened to be a 6 mark question! :O

ReputationRep:
    Do we have to learn the sierverts chart?

ReputationRep:
    Me too! Can you imagine if it happened to be a 6 mark question! :O
    I'd have a meltdown xD

I absolutely hate P5 more than any other topic!

ReputationRep:
    Guys this is about about B456 (yes I know we finished that exam...) but I have one question. For the last six marker on the squirrel, should you have mentioned about the CNS (brain and spinal cord, also mentioned about synapse between sensory and relay) or not? If you did and it's wrong, how many marks do you think that you'd lose?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ToLiveInADream)
    I'm awful at P5..but isn't that step-down transformers? It lowers the current and increases the voltage through electromagnetic induction so it can travel through the national grid to houses. And there's just an AC current across the primary coil which induces the all important STEP-DOWN on the 2nd coil.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    Guys this is about about B456 (yes I know we finished that exam...) but I have one question. For the last six marker on the squirrel, should you have mentioned about the CNS (brain and spinal cord, also mentioned about synapse between sensory and relay) or not? If you did and it's wrong, how many marks do you think that you'd lose?
    I think you did have to mention it and relate it to the reflex arc with what you said about relay neurons I accidentally talked about the relay neuron as though it's separate from the cns

ReputationRep:
    um..since I last replied to you I've done....nothing wbu
    P6 last page bring on p4!
    You?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicalgraffiti)
    It's just one of those subjects that's so interesting yet puzzling at the same time
    :yep: I find things like p6 interesting while p5 and it's circuits are just annoying -_- although I have grown fond of the motor effect :/
    You doing it at A-level then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sulfur)
    I'm pretty sure that the 6 marker explicitly emphasised a "rapid response" which is characteristic for reflex responses, so you talk about the reflex arc.
    Btw, am I the actually the only one who doesn't loathe P5

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lyricalvibe)
    P6 last page bring on p4!
    You?
    I'M STILL ON P5 hahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DDan123)
    Btw, am I the actually the only one who doesn't loathe P5
    What are you, satan?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.