23.45%
    750-799
    5.31%
    > 800
    8.41%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikhi123)
    still havent heard anything from sgul. 675 ukcat
    Same here has there been any new year interview offs yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 254)
    Hi- congratulations! What documents exactly do they need? I got an invite a while back and they said to collect headed letters from your work experiences. But now I have an email saying to fill in a form with 5 contacts of your most recent work experiences? Is this instead of the headed letters?
    They will send you a document regarding it, but off the top of my head - exam certs (AS included + piano or whatever) + work exp form + passport photocopy + student consent form (like you consent to rules of being a med student yada yada) + headed work exp letters. Can't remember if this is all, do double check against the list they give. They require both headed letters AND contact details if I'm not wrong, that's what I submitted at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 254)
    Hi- congratulations! What documents exactly do they need? I got an invite a while back and they said to collect headed letters from your work experiences. But now I have an email saying to fill in a form with 5 contacts of your most recent work experiences? Is this instead of the headed letters?
    They want both the headed letters and the form (at least they did last year ). The headed letters are provided as evidence whereas the form is used in the interview process: it's given to one of the interviewers in one of the stations. Also they use the form to randomly contact one of your placements to confirm that you're not lying. The crucial thing you should have at the interview is the form but you should also aim to have the headed letters as well but if you don't have all of them it's fine, they give you a deadline to give them in by after your interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nikhi123)
    still havent heard anything from sgul. 675 ukcat
    (Original post by georgiahinch)
    Same here has there been any new year interview offs yet?
    i wouldn't worry so much.. once you know you've met their cut off and academic criteria, you should expect an interview invitation between now and april
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lazymedic)
    MMI's are bliss Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Academic ability and intellect
    Empathy
    Initiative and resilience
    Communication skills
    Organisation and problem solving
    Team work
    Insight and integrity
    Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

Could I also please have it?? IT would be of AMAZING help!! Thank you

ReputationRep:
    MMI's are bliss Because you can mess up in one station but still pull it back in the others, plus most of interviewers know nothing about your grades or PS so that allows everyone to be judged fairly.

These competences?

Empathy
    Communication skills
    Team work
    Insight and integrity
    Effective learning style

Hmmmm they assessed most of them informally, in the sense that they didn't have a specific station for most of them. For example communication skills is tested in every single station but on the other hand Empathy does have it's own station (Role play).

I just wrote this long email about the interview and prep, I'll PM you that and anyone else who wants it.

Please can you PM me as well? thanks!

ReputationRep:
    just browsing through the thread and a lot of people seems to be really stressed about because they have yet to hear back regarding interviews.

i just thought id add that i actually emailed sgul's admissions team asking for an interview despite having received no information from them since i submitted my ucas, they replied very quickly and assigned me an interview back in december!

so if anyone is really super anxious, maybe you could try writing to them too

ReputationRep:
    Only have st georges to hear from now!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs0818)
    just browsing through the thread and a lot of people seems to be really stressed about because they have yet to hear back regarding interviews.

i just thought id add that i actually emailed sgul's admissions team asking for an interview despite having received no information from them since i submitted my ucas, they replied very quickly and assigned me an interview back in december!

so if anyone is really super anxious, maybe you could try writing to them too
    wohh thats good, how did u manage to tell them without coming across as a bit demanding??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast92)
    wohh thats good, how did u manage to tell them without coming across as a bit demanding??
    i'm an international applicant and i happened to receive another interview invitation in december, so i had made plans to fly over. then, i emailed my remaining schools telling them of my situation, and asked politely whether they could take a look at my application soon and assign me an interview when i am in the uk if they think i qualify, so i don't have to fly again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xs0818)
    i'm an international applicant and i happened to receive another interview invitation in december, so i had made plans to fly over. then, i emailed my remaining schools telling them of my situation, and asked politely whether they could take a look at my application soon and assign me an interview when i am in the uk if they think i qualify, so i don't have to fly again.
    Ahh i see fair enough

ReputationRep:
    I think this year they're interviewing A100 from January to April. So don't worry, those invitations are on their way

ReputationRep:

These competences?

Empathy
    Communication skills
    Team work
    Insight and integrity
    Effective learning style

Hey, can you pm me as well please. Would really appreciate it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealover96)
    Only have st georges to hear from now!
    That's amazing! Where else have you applied?

ReputationRep:
    Leeds,Bristol and bsms
    Rejected from Bristol and interviews coming up for the other two
    I think I'm a really average applicant but applying strategically really helped!

ReputationRep:
    Applying strategically ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tealover96)
    Leeds,Bristol and bsms
    Rejected from Bristol and interviews coming up for the other two
    I think I'm a really average applicant but applying strategically really helped!
    Apply strategically ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    Apply strategically ?
    I think tealover96 means basically applying to your strengths!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tanishqa)
    Apply strategically ?
    As in applying to my strengths

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beansontoast92)
    I think tealover96 means basically applying to your strengths!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yep!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.