Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamez870)
    Yeah all self catered, I think you can get rooms with a washbasin in oak house though
    Really? I didn't even know Well, that's good then!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquatix96)
    I think it depends on what you prefer in terms of en-suite or shared bathrooms. Sheavyn and Richmond have en-suites and Oak House has a shared bathroom. I think they are all self-catered too.
    Yeah, I couldn't live in catered accommodation! I'm thinking ensuite but then it's like £20/30 extra a week just for your own bathroom so I'm not sure, I'll need to look into my money and things

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EmMcd13)
    Yeah, I couldn't live in catered accommodation! I'm thinking en-suite but then it's like £20/30 extra a week just for your own bathroom so I'm not sure, I'll need to look into my money and things
    I couldn't deal with catered food, although I will have to start learning my mom's recipes if i'm gonna survive I don't really mind what I get, as long as I get into Fallowfield

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aquatix96)
    @jamez870 I have only looked at accommodation online, but my friends who go/ have been there recommended those 3 as the best places in terms of social environment. And, it's an applicant visit day I'm going to, on the 11th of February

@drewsalexia What course have you applied for? Also, I'm definitely gonna go look around the accommodation to make sure I made the right choice. I just applied early because Sheavyn is a high demand area and I definitely want to go there.
    I'm applying for Geography, you? and do you know if we can change our choices? I applied for Woolton instead of Oak House because I really wanted en suite, and apparently its really nice there too (but it's catered) but that's my 3rd choice anyways. Really want to go to sheavyn, so might see you next year. And is it an applicants open day on the 12th? I might go

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drewsalexia)
    I'm applying for Geography, you? and do you know if we can change our choices? I applied for Woolton instead of Oak House because I really wanted en suite, and apparently its really nice there too (but it's catered) but that's my 3rd choice anyways. Really want to go to sheavyn, so might see you next year. And is it an applicants open day on the 12th? I might go
    Yeah you can change your choices
    I've applied to do chemical engineering

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drewsalexia)
    I've applied for International Business, Finance and Economics. I'm not completely sure if we can, but I think we can change. I only know of an applicant open day on the 11th, but that's for my course. There may be one on a different date for Geography. Have you received a letter about open days yet? Let's hope we both get into Sheavyn next year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sitiputri)
    Offer for PPE two days after I sent my application. Anyone else for PPE?

Yes. I applied at night the 12th jan and got an offer the 14th jan. Isn't it a bit weird that they make decisions so fast?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milkberries)
    Just received an offer for Management with Marketing!
    But I'm rather confused with one of the conditions... it says "You must provide evidence of your examination within 2 weeks of publication. IELTS 6.5 with no lower than 6 in any component. You should have taken your IELTS examination and received your results by 7 August unless otherwise agreed with the UG Admission Office."

However, I already took the test before applying and included the TRF number in the UCAS application. Should I send them a hard copy or...?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Where do they mention the conditions? I got an offer (for PPE though) and it says "subject to conditions" in this little yellow update box in UCAS track, but where do I find these conditions?

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I'll be the only new student living off campus. But I'll have my own space!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hello Everyone,
    I have recently applied to University of Manchester for their Msc Marketing Programme. Would like to know if the university is good for this programme and how difficult is it to get into the business school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alexandra1996)
    Where do they mention the conditions? I got an offer (for PPE though) and it says "subject to conditions" in this little yellow update box in UCAS track, but where do I find these conditions?
    Go on the main track page where all your choices are listed and scroll to the uni that you received an offer from, then click "view".

ReputationRep:
    Just applied for English Language, can't wait to hear from them!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VincentFernandes)
    Just applied for English Language, can't wait to hear from them!
    Good luck with your application, hope you get an offer!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, just got my offer changed to unconditional. Seems like they were just waiting for the ucas deadline in order to make a decision XD.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRyugaan)
    Hey guys, just got my offer changed to unconditional. Seems like they were just waiting for the ucas deadline in order to make a decision XD.
    Well done! What course?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamez870)
    Well done! What course?
    Thanks, it's Beng Mechatronic engineering

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for science foundation year... has anyone else applied for this course

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammaarah01)
    Got an offer for science foundation year... has anyone else applied for this course

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Well done! I've applied for one too but haven't heard back yet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puppet_strings)
    Is anyone else applying for Linguistics or Lang?
    I've applied for Linguistics and Japanese joint honours

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ki Yung Na)
    Well done! I've applied for one too but haven't heard back yet.
    What are you thinking of studying after the yr

Posted from TSR Mobile

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: February 29, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.