Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The_Lonely_Goatherd)
    Heya! Welcome to the Soc! :hugs:

Don't be terrified about DSA. It's a bit more longwinded than one would like but it'll hopefully be more than worth it in the end

Ahhhh, you're a scientist! :eek: I joke Forensics sound fascinating :yep:
    Thank you and everyone else for the welcome.

Thanks for the reassurance, sorting out the evidence early so it doesn't become stressful, will post here after I've been to the drs.

I love science,I can't wait to start next year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Odd socks)
    Haha. And I am sure all of that amazingness isn't just down to the make up!

(Original post by Star-girl)
    Busy - I was travelling back from holiday and unpacking and stuff. How was yours?
    Ahh fair enough . Mine was allright except for yesterday haha. Had a family friends funeral on Friday which was sad but the service was really nice so. Saturday I watched football with my old man and then had a relaxing day not doing much on Sunday, just travelling back from my parents. But yesterday I was ill as hell . Just glad it cleared up for work today tbh.

(Original post by bubble999)
    Spoiler:
    Show
    feeling utterly ****. Just lying on my bed crying.
    Kinda feels good to get it all out though, tend to bottle things
    Spoiler:
    Show
    :hugs: anything you need to talk about?
    And I know what you mean. I do the same .

(Original post by Anonymous)
    I know this feeling as well! Only have a few close friends at home, and uni friends are all spread out across the country now. My parents have suggested trying a social group or volunteering, but I just think that those sorts of things will attract older people rather than people of my own age. Don't really have any other suggestions of ways to meet people though

Still, will give the social group and see what happens. I've got nothing to lose I guess!
    (Original post by james1211)
    I'll feel worse if I don't do it because that will reaffirm in my mind that I hardly know anyone. I have about 5 close friends and that's it. Used to know so many people when I mountain biked but since everyone I know stopped that last year I fell out of touch with it

I'll probably still do it, I'll just nominate one person or something. I'll look like a loser but whatevs.

I need to find a new hobby where I can meet people. A sports soc maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    It isn't just you two. I feel the same. The friends I do have are bloody amazing don't get me wrong. But there are only a handful of them and they are way too spread out around the country . And I'm way too shy and anxious around new people to make new friends. I have a few acquaintances who live near me, but I have no clue how to make the lead to being friends.

(Original post by WelshBluebird)
    Haha. And I am sure all of that amazingness isn't just down to the make up!

Ahh fair enough . Mine was allright except for yesterday haha. Had a family friends funeral on Friday which was sad but the service was really nice so. Saturday I watched football with my old man and then had a relaxing day not doing much on Sunday, just travelling back from my parents. But yesterday I was ill as hell . Just glad it cleared up for work today tbh.

Spoiler:
    Show

It isn't just you two. I feel the same. The friends I do have are bloody amazing don't get me wrong. But there are only a handful of them and they are way too spread out around the country . And I'm way too shy and anxious around new people to make new friends. I have a few acquaintances who live near me, but I have no clue how to make the lead to being friends.
    Yep, could have written the last paragraph myself! I just feel like I have no idea where people of my age go to make friends/meet people, or how to do it! And when I do meet new people, it takes me so long to feel comfortable and able to relax around them

Ah well...

Hope everyone's doing ok tonight

ReputationRep:
    How long is it safe to keep cheese for? Found some in the fridge and it didn't look mouldy but I'm worried it's a couple of weeks old :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Welcome Squad

Spoiler:
    Show

Am feeling better now, was just one of those things. Howa you? :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    How long is it safe to keep cheese for? Found some in the fridge and it didn't look mouldy but I'm worried it's a couple of weeks old :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheese lasts for ages doesn't it?

I'm feeling a bit happier manchester united are losing and my team are winning in the cup!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Smelling and tasting a little is the only way to see if its fine, I'm guessing of its been in a bag or covered it should be fine.

ReputationRep:
    Arrived okay, not sure how I am - keep getting anxious but then it subsides - quite low/meh, but some of us having a sort of break from conversation/talking, which suits me fine!
    So sleepy, too

Hugs to all :hugs: (and sorry for not replying to peeps :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    Been feeling anxious/low lately and falling back into old negative thought patterns.
    I'm considering writing a letter to my future self at uni (start in September) about getting help again if I get worse because I'm scared of getting to the point again where I feel I'm beyond help. I know it's a bit pathetic but it might work but then again I mightn't ever need it.

Massive poos.

ReputationRep:
    :hugs: It's good that you are feeling better now.

----------

I thought I was OK and getting better but I have regressed back to the stage where I can't go a single day without crying at least once. I am not sure if this is just a bad patch or whether I am on the slippery slope again.

ReputationRep:
    I dont even feel anything right now

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jean-Luc Picard)
    I dont even feel anything right now

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: Don't really know what to say but I hope your okay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by luno)
    They said I can only withdraw and reapply next year .

I said I'll let them know what I decide ASAP but I don't know what to do now .
    You got people you can talk it over with? :console: I guess the main things to consider would be: is your situation likely to be better/worse next year, was there much competition to get your place/are you likely to get in again, will fees rise significantly, and what would you do in your year off (doing nothing generally does little to help :sadnod:).

(Original post by james1211)
    I'll feel worse if I don't do it because that will reaffirm in my mind that I hardly know anyone. I have about 5 close friends and that's it. Used to know so many people when I mountain biked but since everyone I know stopped that last year I fell out of touch with it

I'll probably still do it, I'll just nominate one person or something. I'll look like a loser but whatevs.

I need to find a new hobby where I can meet people. A sports soc maybe.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd actually say five is a fair number of friends. :dontknow:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it hasn't changed colour or texture, it's fine! :wizard:

(Original post by Anonymous #2)
    Been feeling anxious/low lately and falling back into old negative thought patterns.
    I'm considering writing a letter to my future self at uni (start in September) about getting help again if I get worse because I'm scared of getting to the point again where I feel I'm beyond help. I know it's a bit pathetic but it might work but then again I mightn't ever need it.

Massive poos.
    Writing a letter to yourself sounds like a good plan, and also see if you can talk to someone about how you're feeling? :console:

Good luck with starting uni, and make sure you have plenty of support in place! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thestranger11)
    :hugs: Don't really know what to say but I hope your okay.
    dunno, don't even know what to think right now, just my head feels completely gone, like it's just given up and left me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    Writing a letter to yourself sounds like a good plan, and also see if you can talk to someone about how you're feeling? :console:

Good luck with starting uni, and make sure you have plenty of support in place! :hugs:
    Not sure if there is anybody really. Older friends don't know anything about when I was ill before and I don't want to scare newer friends away with the crazy just yet.

Thanks

Hope you're doing ok yourself! :hugs:

ReputationRep:
    In case anybody's interested (think I saw some people on here talking about Age of Empires), you can currently get a massive bundle of games for as much/little money you want here, with some of the proceeds going to charity.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If it looks like this dont eat it!

Spoiler:
    Show
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1409089516.100361.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  86.9 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Tbh it being mouldy doesn't mean it's no good. If it's something like cheddar I just scrape the mould off and eat it anyway. Never did me any harm. :dontknow:

(I think I draw the line at the picture PandaWho posted )

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by superwolf)
    In case anybody's interested (think I saw some people on here talking about Age of Empires), you can currently get a massive bundle of games for as much/little money you want here, with some of the proceeds going to charity.
    The humble bundle thing? (you have to spend 15 bucks for aoe to be included i think; still worth it )

ReputationRep:
    I ended up eating the cheese

---

Spoiler:
    Show
    some guy I was told to talk to because he knows about pharmacy wants to take me out for lunch on Thursday.. But he's 34 and I don't fancy him at all, I'd like to hope it's just pharmacy stuff but I don't want to accept and him think I'm leading him on :/

Posted from TSR Mobile

TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 25, 2014
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever been hacked?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.