Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dr Gin;53139929]
    (Original post by Dr. Django)
    Yes, Plymouth are really early so she's lucky enough to have been sitting on an offer since the middle of December and they have only asked her to get an A in chemistry so she can drop all her other re-sits...

Monday here we come...
    Congratulations, that's brilliant!!! I have an offer from Manchester but it's A* in chemistry so I'm really really counting on Exeter

as you say, bring on Monday and another week of nervous waiting

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dr. Django;53140477]
    (Original post by Dr Gin)

Congratulations, that's brilliant!!! I have an offer from Manchester but it's A* in chemistry so I'm really really counting on Exeter

Thanks so much and well done on the Manchester offer! The A* is a bit of a bummer but knowing you, you probably wowed them so much at interview that they'll have you even if you 'only' get an A! Fingers crossed for Exeter

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dr. Django;53139685]

It'd be perfect! Has your daughter got an offer already?!?

Looks like next week it is then guys
    If exeter offer is an A* in the resit subject what uni are you more likely to firm? Just curious, and congrats on your offer from Manchester if I haven't told you yet but I'm sure I have.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dr Gin;53140759]

Thanks so much and well done on the Manchester offer! The A* is a bit of a bummer but knowing you, you probably wowed them so much at interview that they'll have you even if you 'only' get an A! Fingers crossed for Exeter
    Haha thanks, chemistry has always been my worst subject (even at GCSE) so it's gonna be tough but I'll try my best and see what happens!!

[QUOTE=Hudl;53140955]

If exeter offer is an A* in the resit subject what uni are you more likely to firm? Just curious, and congrats on your offer from Manchester if I haven't told you yet but I'm sure I have.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Cheers man!! That's a tough question as I don't know all that much about Manchester (didn't go to open day as I only got confirmation I could apply in October!!) Whatever happens I'm gonna go and see Manchester and then I'll decide Right now Exeter is still my favourite and I would really like being able to fall back on an A!

Good luck to you too, keep the faith

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Dr. Django;53140477]

Woah woah, Manchester asked for an A* in your conditional offer? I thought they're highest offer was AAA?
    If you don't mind me asking, were you predicted in A* in chemistry? Because if I manage to get an offer from them I'm only predicted an A and I don't know if I'll be able to bump it up to an A* :/

Well done on the offer btw

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waterrdrinkerr)
    Woah woah, Manchester asked for an A* in your conditional offer? I thought they're highest offer was AAA?
    If you don't mind me asking, were you predicted in A* in chemistry? Because if I manage to get an offer from them I'm only predicted an A and I don't know if I'll be able to bump it up to an A* :/

Well done on the offer btw
    Don't worry your offer should be AAA!! Mine was only A* as I'm resitting

ReputationRep:
    Am now on the waiting list. Does anyone know how many got offers from those waiting on this list last year ? How does this work with making choices nearer the end of the cycle? I have another offer and am delighted abou that but would like to do Exeter if possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Troyca)
    Am now on the waiting list. Does anyone know how many got offers from those waiting on this list last year ? How does this work with making choices nearer the end of the cycle? I have another offer and am delighted abou that but would like to do Exeter if possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Did you hear from them today?

ReputationRep:
    No. Yesterday.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm not sure what proportion of those on the waiting list end up with offers although you could ask Exeter for that information I suppose.
    It's worth reading the 'Firm and Insurance Choices' piece in Article Updates on TSR (look to the right of the screen - it'll be one of the choices there I think). There's no rush to firm your offer so you can wait until the bitter end to see whether Exeter offer you a place.
    Good luck!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Hey, is this the post-interview waiting list?

From what I understand Exeter are going to give all but around 50-60 of their offers out next week and then the final offers will be determined out of who did best from the waiting list and the February interviewees.

I don't know how many people get in from the waiting list, but unlike some unis "waiting lists" Exeters does usually produce a fair few offers. Think of it like this: if they already had enough people above you to fulfil their offer quota than they wouldn't have kept you around.

I wouldn't rush to make a decision on firm/insurance if you think that Exeter could be your fave, we've got months till the deadline!!
    Good luck! (And congrats on the other offer )

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that advice and encouragement

ReputationRep:
    Rejected pre interview, was on the reserve list (wasn't given an interview)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When did you receive this information? Was it by email? Mmm I'm on that reserve list too but not holding out too much hope....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Morvi906)
    When did you receive this information? Was it by email? Mmm I'm on that reserve list too but not holding out too much hope....
    Yesterday at around 12, and it was by email..

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    if you haven't been rejected yet you still have a good shot of getting an interview! can I ask what your stats are?

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for that advice and encouragement
    And yes it was post interview having had a reserve interview Dec 15

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mature student with a GAMSAT score of 58. I wonder if they're looking at personal statements at this stage...

ReputationRep:
    I'm a mature student with a GAMSAT score of 58. I wonder if they're looking at personal statements at this stage...
    We'll just have to hope that for the moment no news is good news and keep our fingers crossed for next week

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Have had no interview yet. So holding hope. Looking forward to hearing from them!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.