Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tatt0barbie)
    No life?
    Lol haha

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Everyone says it but I have really bad impostor syndrome; currently doubting everything and I'm thinking I'm not hard working/efficient/talented enough for Cambridge

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypetal)
    Everyone says it but I have really bad impostor syndrome; currently doubting everything and I'm thinking I'm not hard working/efficient/talented enough for Cambridge
    Have u got an offer or are you waiting to apply for 2016 entry?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm incredibly surprised to not have imposter syndrome. Relatively happy right now even though there are some days where I don't want to go. Just a bit concerned about all the stories of the workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    New Cambridge prospectus <33

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EHZ17)
    I'm incredibly surprised to not have imposter syndrome. Relatively happy right now even though there are some days where I don't want to go. Just a bit concerned about all the stories of the workload.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How can you have imposter syndrome before you've even met the people who are all cleverer than you? <3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goods)
    How can you have imposter syndrome before you've even met the people who are all cleverer than you? <3
    Haha good point. I just expected to feel guilty if I were to receive an offer and in actual fact, I don't. I'm very aware of the limitations of my brain without exposure to genius, that I assure you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by allypetal)
    Everyone has those worries both before and whilst being here (first year MML here). You eventually get over it, learn not to be a perfectionist and are happy in being/trying to be the best for you and not in trying to out compete everyone else like at A-Level. It's not as bad as we somehow make it out to be, and nothing like you can imagine unless you're here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    Everyone has those worries both before and whilst being here (first year MML here). You eventually get over it, learn not to be a perfectionist and are happy in being/trying to be the best for you and not in trying to out compete everyone else like at A-Level. It's not as bad as we somehow make it out to be, and nothing like you can imagine unless you're here.
    What about for subjects that aren't languages? Like natsci?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by umutalberts)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why would they be different?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Why would they be different?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    More content heavy so more learning so more studying needed, no? At least that's the way it is at A levels - the scientists work 24/7 while the humanities students just chill out most of the time

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    More content heavy so more learning so more studying needed, no? At least that's the way it is at A levels - the scientists work 24/7 while the humanities students just chill out most of the time
    :yikes:
    /gets popcorn

ReputationRep:
    Hi I am hoping to apply for Spanish and Portuguese in September, do you have any tips on how to get in? Going to an open day on Friday, so excited!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ooh, watch the storm now.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The subject matter and way of assessment is rather different, but you guys don't have to write 1500 word plus essays, it's working through problems often enough, and doing short answer essays. It's easier to get things concise and correct in those than something that is on the whole subjective.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paralove)
    The subject matter and way of assessment is rather different, but you guys don't have to write 1500 word plus essays, it's working through problems often enough, and doing short answer essays. It's easier to get things concise and correct in those than something that is on the whole subjective.
    Bit random, but is it true you have to write essays for Medicine?

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    If you said that to me face to face you would be speaking foreign language. Dont think that because you have got an offer you are somehow better than other people. You're not there yet sunshine (that is if you have seen any recently you are so far up your rectum) and someone will certainly go all Prodigy on you with your attitude

ReputationRep:
    No subject is harder/easier than any other subject for an individual; difficulty is subjective.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about the difficulty of different subjects - I find languages and history and stuff way harder than any maths. Just saying that sciences certainly need more work at A level and was asking whether it's the same at uni! Thanks for all your "helpful" replies!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm not talking about the difficulty of different subjects - I find languages and history and stuff way harder than any maths. Just saying that sciences certainly need more work at A level and was asking whether it's the same at uni! Thanks for all your "helpful" replies!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol as someone who takes further maths, physics, chem A2, I can tell you languages and History are way harder :lol:

Need to learn content, need to learn how to analyse, wider reading, and you need a brain of yourself. Opinions.

Science you can just rote learn some facts. Conceptually it may be harder to learn how and why things are the way they are, but it can be done without understanding

So meh, not true at all

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.