Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevinspl2000)
    Yeah - in our school were not even allowed to pick between foundation and higher. Ive been entered for foundation english language which is stupendous as i obviously have the learning capacity for higher tier. i will now have to redo english language in year 11 which means i am wasting a year of my learning time...
    Really that not even fair. We get to chose i changed the tier on my chemistry paper in the exam room my teacher did say so many times that if you dont want to do the paper that you have been entered then you can change so i did higher. That's for sciences but i dont know about english. Do you get to do you english GCSE in year 10

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mediaya)
    Really that not even fair. We get to chose i changed the tier on my chemistry paper in the exam room my teacher did say so many times that if you dont want to do the paper that you have been entered then you can change so i did higher. That's for sciences but i dont know about english. Do you get to do you english GCSE in year 10

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah we do it in year 10 so if people fail they can redo it next year and the school doesn't get a bad record 😂 but I would much rather do the higher in year 10 and then push for the a* if i dont get it next year. I hate the system my school is trying to incorporate...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kevinspl2000)
    I dont think so however insoluable base might be allowed
    Hmm okay. I honestly think the answer they were looking for was just insoluble and thats why they included a table. Im pretty sure you were meant to identify if the metal oxide was in the table or not and since it wasnt you should have inferred it was insoluble.

But oh well. Just hoping for the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MBM123)
    What did everyone write for the equilibrium question as the forward reaction was endothermic!? Does the amount of product produced increase or is it the reactants.
    As the forward reaction is endothermic, increasing he heat will cause it to favour that side, to use up the extra Heat, so there will be a higher % yield.
    So you were right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleheron)
    For the question about metal oxide, do you guys think just saying 'insoluble' would just get the mark? The question context was about soluble and insoluble compunds.
    Not sure, I think the answer was Base. It was only a one marker though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emileepifanoff)
    I put, because the rate at which the heat is being radiated, is equal to the rate at which the heat was being produced by the reaction
    I put because all of the zinc had completely reacted, therefore any extra solution won't react meaning the temperature won't increase any more as the reaction is complete

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleheron)
    Hmm okay. I honestly think the answer they were looking for was just insoluble and thats why they included a table. Im pretty sure you were meant to identify if the metal oxide was in the table or not and since it wasnt you should have inferred it was insoluble.

But oh well. Just hoping for the best.
    I guess they should have worded the question differently as it was kind of ambiguous however I'm sure the answer is base. Same as the carbon-12 question - I had to ask the invigilator for what the were asking for 😂

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JG12333)
    As the forward reaction is endothermic, increasing he heat will cause it to favour that side, to use up the extra Heat, so there will be a higher % yield.
    So you were right.
    Oh no- I thought it was asking about the backwards reaction because this produced the hydrogen iodide (can't remember what it was called) and so the yield of this would decrease because it is exothermic- how many marks would I lose?

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got a C3 mark scheme yet?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Someone please post the C3 Paper please!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have an unofficial mark scheme for C2?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I put that the concentration of the hydrochloride acid and of the the sodium hydroxide is still the same so the rate of reaction is still the same

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by willllm)
    Has anybody got a C3 mark scheme yet?

Thanks

No and there probably won't be one soon. I only made the C2 unofficial simply because someone was kind enough to put the paper online so I could write up then answers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pra99)
    I put that the concentration of the hydrochloride acid and of the the sodium hydroxide is still the same so the rate of reaction is still the same
    Ooh yay I wrote that too ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Beng������)
    I think a titration question will most certainly appear on the C3 exam. Aswell as calculating bond energies and probably testing for ions too. Just a guess tho:cool:
    BRO NICE PREDICTIONS! DEFO TRITRATION YEH? Testing for ions is almost always guaranteed and nice prediction of bond energy calcs.

ReputationRep:
    The final 5 mark question on C3 was the most confusing question I have ever read.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Olivia197)
    Oh no- I thought it was asking about the backwards reaction because this produced the hydrogen iodide (can't remember what it was called) and so the yield of this would decrease because it is exothermic- how many marks would I lose?
    You are right! It was asking about hydrogen iodide which was the reactant, so yh the yield of that would decrease if temp was raised

ReputationRep:
    For the six marker on c2 it was collision theory right??????????????????????????? ?????/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    Ooh yay I wrote that too ^_^
    SERIOUSLY? Wow I thought I was the only one. Could be correct

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kwstudent)
    No worries... Will do - but be prepared to wait a lil while if thats ok! Where would you like me to put them? shall i send them seperatly to you both? or is there any particular plc?
    Can I have it as well?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 15, 2016

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.