Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Mass is measured in kg
    (Original post by busraslf)
    charge is measured in coulomb (c) not in ohms resistance is measured in ohms

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyrays07)
    I'm not sure if it was water. But it was a material from a more dense to less dense substance and you were supposed to carry on the ray
    The one I drew on was the air to glass and that was at the critical angle so it wouldn't carry through?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    I don't think so, I got 1/2 (m) -if this is the question you are referring to.
    So did I! but apparently I read it wrong and you were supposed to take it away. Everyone else got 0.125

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    It's definitely B, the velocity levels off cause it reached a terminal velocity
    No, the diagram was showing the rocket coming down. The rocket may eventually decelerate -however the speed is increasing up until the point when it reaches the terminal velocity which it wouldn't reach at a height of 7.2 metres I hasten to add.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewis99taylor)
    I always remembered it by when you are spiritually charged you make an 'ohm' sound so i think its right
    no ohms is resistance

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nathanmcg)
    Noooo, in a distance time graph the gradient represents the speed, you had to work out the gradient of the steepest part of the line to find out the maximum speed not the whole line. So its how much it goes up over how much is goes across. I got 45/2 = 22.5m/s
    But it said use an equation from the equation sheet, so if you do speed = distance / time you get 17.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleheron)
    Didn't it asks what happens to the rocket AFTER the maximum velocity has been reached and it falls to the ground? That means A would be correct because both B and C showed an increase in velocity until a constant speed was reached, BUT they didn't go down to 0.
    Idk I thought it was how it go to terminal oh well find out on results day xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rumana101)
    is this right cause everyone keeps saying different things
    trust me ,its right. its increases in distance quickly after a few seconds. Its should be right. Either way it can be found by using the gradient , but i looked on the graph for the time and saw when it met the distance. Since i know : speed = distance / time

For example :

if the distance was 60m and the time was 6 seconds , then the speed will be 10m/s
    its the same as finding the gradient because : ( 70 - 30 ) / ( 7 - 30 ) = 10 m/s

no difference at all , because of the proportionality. It needs to be linear though. (constant)

i think people are getting 22.5 because they didnt realise the graph was non-linear (not constant.)

I got an A* in maths , so It should be right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    The one I drew on was the air to glass and that was at the critical angle so it wouldn't carry through?
    Yeah, I'm so sorry. I'm confused :/ were you talking about this question? And did you get the angle of refraction as bigger?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gastly)
    Hi, I didn't round any of my answers for the equations (I just left them as long decimals) will I still get all the marks?
    ??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sunnyrays07)
    So did I! but apparently I read it wrong and you were supposed to take it away. Everyone else got 0.125
    No '1/2' is correct -I checked it thoroughly and there is no subtraction involved in the question so I'm not sure where these people are coming from.

ReputationRep:
    Did any1 get 4 metres for th 'how high can the roket go' qestion?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    trust me ,its right. its increases in distance quickly after a few seconds. Its should be right. Either way it can be found by using the gradient , but i looked on the graph for the time and saw when it met the distance. Since i know : speed = distance / time

For example :

if the distance was 60m and the time was 6 seconds , then the speed will be 10m/s
    its the same as finding the gradient because : ( 70 - 30 ) / ( 7 - 30 ) = 10 m/s

no difference at all.

I got an A* in maths , so It should be right.
    yay, good

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    I don't think so, I got 1/2 (m) -if this is the question you are referring to.
    I got 0.4 cause I presumed you needed to take away the initial focal length from the current length of 0.5 to get the maximum change it was asking for. But I think I just over-did the question

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshkennedy)
    Did any1 get 4 metres for th 'how high can the roket go' qestion?
    No that's wrong matey, it's 7.2

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleheron)
    Didn't it asks what happens to the rocket AFTER the maximum velocity has been reached and it falls to the ground? That means A would be correct because both B and C showed an increase in velocity until a constant speed was reached, BUT they didn't go down to 0.
    It asked what happens after the maximum velocity going upwards (not worded exactly like that) which is basically the parachutist falling (just without a parachute) so it will reach a terminal velocity

ReputationRep:
    i remember this question didn't say use an equation from the equation sheet, and i also got 22.5

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have a copy of the paper, I'm sure someone posted the b2 and c2 paper on one of the threads

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    what did you say for what happens to the velocity when the rocket go into the air?
    I put decrease but idk XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    It asked what happens after the maximum velocity going upwards (not worded exactly like that) which is basically the parachutist falling (just without a parachute) so it will reach a terminal velocity
    It asked when it started falling from it's max height

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.