Turn on thread page Beta

Muslim kid arrested for bringing home made clock to school watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by swigtwig)
    Well I have no issue with them publicising what ISIS do, my issue is people seem to think that this is what Islam is all about -it's not. I myself being a muslim, can tell you that this is not what we're about.
    How about you go to them and tell them this is not what islam is about?

ReputationRep:
    I find it quiet strange the non muslims talking in great length to precasting muslims about Islam like they know the full ins and outs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xxvine)
    I find it quiet strange the non muslims talking in great length to precasting muslims about Islam like they know the full ins and outs
    It has been demonstrated time and time again that many non-Moslems here have a better knowledge of what Islamic scriptures say than most of the Moslems.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Good bloke)
    It has been demonstrated time and time again that many non-Moslems here have a better knowledge of what Islamic scriptures say than most of the Moslems.
    Moslems....?

Not so sure about that....it seems they are only trying to throw out ways that prove Islam is an evil religion.

ReputationRep:
    Moslems....?
    People who follow Islam - Mussulmen, Mahommedans, Mahometans, Muslims.

ReputationRep:
    it seems they are only trying to throw out ways that prove Islam is an evil religion.
    Well, it is. But Moslems only seek to defend it as a great and peaceful region. So what!

ReputationRep:
    They didn't evacuate the school, like you do when there's a bomb.

They didn't call a bomb squad, like you do when there's a bomb.

They didn't get as far away from him as possible, like you do when there's a bomb.

Then, they put him and the clock inside an office, not like you do when there's a bomb.

Then, they waited for the police to arrive, and they put the clock in the same car as the police. Then they took pictures of it.

They never thought it was a bomb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Faisalshamallakh)
    They never thought it was a bomb.
    I'm not sure why it is taking so long for people to understand: they thought it was a bomb hoax, not a bomb.

Do you understand now?

ReputationRep:
    Well, it is. But Moslems only seek to defend it as a great and peaceful region. So what!
    so are you anti islam? you dislike people who are muslims? You won't interact with them?

I am not muslim by the way..i'm catholic but I have no problem with any religion.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not sure why it is taking so long for people to understand: they thought it was a bomb hoax, not a bomb.

Do you understand now?
    well they were wrong. they have admitted to that which is why obama and everyone came out i am guessing.

ReputationRep:
    ladies and gentlemen, this comes from the ever so wise sheikh "good bloke" who hasnt even learnt to differentiate between weak and reliable stories in islam :rofl:

i wud take this guys posts with a pinch of salt and some humour

ReputationRep:

Do you understand now?
    Do you have a source? According to the BBC it was believed to be a bomb.

ReputationRep:
    so are you anti islam? you dislike people who are muslims? You won't interact with them?

I am not muslim by the way..i'm catholic but I have no problem with any religion.
    Yes (being anti-religion), no, and no.

Obviously the fact that you base the way you live your own life on superstitious beliefs means you are likely have plenty in common with others who do the same, even if the superstitions differ somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    Do you have a source? According to the BBC it was believed to be a bomb.
    There are links in this thread containing quotes that show the police treated it as a bomb hoax.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hannibal Barca)
    ladies and gentlemen, this comes from the ever so wise sheikh "good bloke" who hasnt even learnt to differentiate between weak and reliable stories in islam :rofl:

i wud take this guys posts with a pinch of salt and some humour
    I wasn't including myself among their number, but that wouldn't interest you - a personal attack is much funnier if it ignores the truth, isn't it?

ReputationRep:
    There are links in this thread containing quotes that show the police treated it as a bomb hoax.
    The Police treated it as a bomb hoax, however it was initially treated as a bomb by the school itself.

But how could the school treat it as a bomb without taking any necessary measures to evacuate the building due to a bomb scare??

The school knew it wasn't a bomb. And even if they were unsure, safety measures would have been taken until the police had arrived.

ReputationRep:
    The Police treated it as a bomb hoax, however it was initially treated as a bomb by the school itself.

But how could the school treat it as a bomb without taking any necessary measures to evacuate the building due to a bomb scare??

The school knew it wasn't a bomb. And even if they were unsure, safety measures would have been taken until the police had arrived.
    No they didn't

because they didn't treat it as a bomb but as a HOAX

That's right they knew it wasn't hence them not taking any measures

Oh fyi did you know his farther was part of a mock trial that resulted in the burning of a quran?

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't including myself among their number, but that wouldn't interest you - a personal attack is much funnier if it ignores the truth, isn't it?
    ooo how humble. but thats even better. someone who cant even understand basics is now differentiating between people regardin who is more knowledgeble regarding islam :rofl:

perhaps the people you rate high are as bad as you - or worse

its not really a personal atk. its truth. all i have to do is quote ur post with asma bint marwaan and my point is proven

honestly you guys are too sensitive on here. chill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BaconandSauce)
    No they didn't

because they didn't treat it as a bomb but as a HOAX

That's right they knew it wasn't hence them not taking any measures

Oh fyi did you know his farther was part of a mock trial that resulted in the burning of a quran?
    Strictly speaking, you can't simply assume it is a bomb hoax until you rule out the fact that it is indeed a bomb.

The teachers are not bomb experts and have probably never seen a bomb in their life. So what position are they to conclude that it's a bomb hoax?

"Ahmed Mohamed brought it into MacArthur High School in Irving to show his engineering teacher.Another teacher saw it and, concerned it looked like a bomb, alerted school authorities who called the police" - BBC UK

At this point, with no bomb experts in school, you would surely evacuate the building immediately. Which undermines the argument people make that the school was taking safety measures.

ReputationRep:

The school knew it wasn't a bomb.
    You are contradicting yourself.

Poll
Cats or dogs?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.