Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hongwai)
    Your reply:

to: Original post by Storm2323)
    Ahhh that's so long away :/ It really is so frustrating waiting!

I replied to your post primarily when u said it was "weird" of the Bartlett to invite u for an itv on the 12th.....

If u find that "just weird", why not let other more sincere (and deserving?) applicants go for that interview! For goodness sake, there were plenty on this thread with brilliant portfolios who did not even get an interview. You applied last minute and were granted an itv, but please do not say it is "weird," give a thot to others.....and don't give us talk that u want to get in the Bartlett (UK unis) very badly and are patiently waiting, etc, ....coz if u really did, u would have applied much earlierl - like the 99 percent on this thread - and not last minute!!!
    I really do not think you are in any position to asses who is eligible for an interview at The Bartlett - I also applied last minute, and that in no way shape or form suggests how much I want to get into UCL

This forum is about giving information and civilly discussing the application process for people interested in architecture - not a space to bully people you do not know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)
    I really do not think you are in any position to asses who is eligible for an interview at The Bartlett - I also applied last minute, and that in no way shape or form suggests how much I want to get into UCL

This forum is about giving information and civilly discussing the application process for people interested in architecture - not a space to bully people you do not know
    Haha, i never implied nor said I was in any position to say who is worthy of an intv or not, just pointed out that F's intv is in April coz he applied late! Bully people? Who is bullying who? I objected, and still do, to F's choice of words...

As for applying last minute for something you want very much, still find that strange. But that is just my opinion....and perhaps you had other considerations.

The whole point of TSR is to give people an avenue to share their resources and experiences, ... yes, let's keep it civil, F needs to know that!

Good luck on your application, am confident that the Bartlett will choose wisely in their time, on their terms.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Storm2323)

Storm2323 you are just right!

ReputationRep:
    Is there anyone still waiting on Nottingham too?!😳

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Your reply:

to: Original post by Storm2323)
    Ahhh that's so long away :/ It really is so frustrating waiting!

I replied to your post primarily when u said it was "weird" of the Bartlett to invite u for an itv on the 12th.....

If u find that "just weird", why not let other more sincere (and deserving?) applicants go for that interview! For goodness sake, there were plenty on this thread with brilliant portfolios who did not even get an interview. You applied last minute and were granted an itv, but please do not say it is "weird," give a thot to others.....and don't give us talk that u want to get in the Bartlett (UK unis) very badly and are patiently waiting, etc, ....coz if u really did, u would have applied much earlierl - like the 99 percent on this thread - and not last minute!!!
    Perhaps you are unclear of what a 'deadline' is.. That entails whatever it may be, must be completely any time before said date. And hence means that there is no fault in submitting the day prior.. I find you're being rather rude and presumptuous.
    He/She was offered an interview obviously because the Bartlett selection process deemed him/her worthy - and the fact that he/she applied last minute expresses the fact that the Bartlett selection process does not care about the time of the application.

ReputationRep:
    It is understandably a 'weird' situation as interviews are very rarely so late in the year.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowie)
    Perhaps you are unclear of what a 'deadline' is.. That entails whatever it may be, must be completely any time before said date. And hence means that there is no fault in submitting the day prior.. I find you're being rather rude and presumptuous.
    He/She was offered an interview obviously because the Bartlett selection process deemed him/her worthy - and the fact that he/she applied last minute expresses the fact that the Bartlett selection process does not care about the time of the application.
    Exactly!! When F said it was weird, I objected since it is not. His intv is in April only becoz he applied "late"- on the eve of the dateline in mid Jan as opposed to yourself and 90 ? percent others - and the Bartlett is only sticking to rules.There is nothing weird about it.

It remains a fact that F's decision to apply to UK unis was done on the last minute - whatever his reasons. This is puzzling for someone who professes a strong desire to get into some of the UK's best unis.

As for being rude, you are no better as you join the bandwagon to deride me - on the eve of the exams - in a patronising, judgmental tone when I objected to F's borderline foul language besides clarifying his "weird" theories! Thank goodness I am not in your cohort!

P/S Better go enjoy my nasi lemak now that I am on my Easter break home!

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, Zaha just passed on unexpectedly;

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddes...d-dies-aged-65

RIP to one of the greatest talents of our time.......we will miss you.

Excerpt from the Guardian:
    "Hadid was recently awarded the RIBA’s 2016 royal gold medal, the first woman to be awarded the honour in her own right.Architect Sir Peter Cook wrote ......“For three decades now she has ventured where few would dare … Such self confidence is easily accepted in film-makers and football managers, but causes some architects to feel uncomfortable. Maybe they’re secretly jealous of her unquestionable talent. Let’s face it, we might have awarded the medal to a worthy comfortable character. We didn’t. We awarded it to Zaha: larger than life, bold as brass and certainly on the case.”

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TSRMatt)
    Congrats!! What AS levels did you take and how did you do in them??
    Thank you! I'm an international applicant (India), so I didn't give the AS levels. I had Math, Physics, Economics and Computer. Honestly wasn't expecting an offer, because Bath's standards are pretty high.
    Also hey doctor who fan!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by purple-loofah)
    Thank you! I'm an international applicant (India), so I didn't give the AS levels. I had Math, Physics, Economics and Computer. Honestly wasn't expecting an offer, because Bath's standards are pretty high.
    Also hey doctor who fan!
    Hey haha! Oh cool, that's awesome! Allons-y

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thames5)
    Because im an international student and i cant go to open days and i dont really know what uni to choose rn, so have anyone been to Sheffield/Newcastle/Kent/Edinburgh open day? and how was it like?
    I dont know which university i should choose as my firm choice, Edinburgh would probably be my insurance as they gave me a pretty low offer but i might make them my firm choice if i really like it.
    about my firm choice, which one would be a better choice u think, newcastle or sheffield? Im trying to apply for Kent international scholarship thing so if i get i might choose kent as firm but if not, newcastle or sheffield :0
    I went to the edinburgh open day this week and I'd say the studio and workshop are well-equipped and spacious, the students' works were also really good. You can do a year abroad too, course is quite flexible. Only low point for me is just the fees (im an international student too). Location-wise it's perfect, it's in the centre of Edinburgh so it's easy to get around. As well as that, Edinburgh's such a beautiful city you can easily get inspired by.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grewsters)
    Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Bath?
    I wouldn't sweat it, Bath takes forever on their applications - I don't think I got my offer until mid-way through my revision period..!

ReputationRep:
    Just been rejected from UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zzdevzz)
    Just been rejected from UCL
    Hey dude.. I'm so sorry to hear that. ( it's so sh*t I know .. But the Bartlett isn't everything! I was rejected in February.. And felt absolutely heartbroken. But it gets better!!! What are your other options???

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Hey dude.. I'm so sorry to hear that. ( it's so sh*t I know .. But the Bartlett isn't everything! I was rejected in February.. And felt absolutely heartbroken. But it gets better!!! What are your other options???
    got offers from the other 4. Westminster (AAB) + Kingston (320 points). Unconditional from coventry and Oxford Brookes. Might firm oxford brookes even though i really wanna stay in London

ReputationRep:
    got offers from the other 4. Westminster (AAB) + Kingston (320 points). Unconditional from coventry and Oxford Brookes. Might firm oxford brookes even though i really wanna stay in London
    Congrats on those offers, they're all good schools. Why not westminister if you want to stay in London?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nairline)
    Congrats on those offers, they're all good schools. Why not westminister if you want to stay in London?
    not sure about their styles etc. I mean, they are pretty good. But oxford brookes comes higher in rankings? OB i loved alot more, but its not in london. Westminister i don't 'hate' but nothing really appealed to me i guess, just the fact they're in London.

ReputationRep:
    not sure about their styles etc. I mean, they are pretty good. But oxford brookes comes higher in rankings? OB i loved alot more, but its not in london. Westminister i don't 'hate' but nothing really appealed to me i guess, just the fact they're in London.
    Hm I think the rankings are a bit bullsh*t. Everyone's experience is different and it's all subjective. I've said this to someone else on here already but you should make your decision based on your own priorities. I think the city is one of the most important factors. Go to a uni where you love the city and where the city will inspire you, and the rest will follow. It's the people you surround yourself with and the places you see that will make your university experience invaluable. All the schools are great .. if you aren't inspired by a certain school or the way they work, then you should go there and be the one who inspires. Although you believe the way you will work is limited because of the work you see being produced now by other students .. It's not. That is the minimum benchmark of what it is you can produce.

ReputationRep:
    I have received offer from Bath, Sheffield and Edinburgh. Planning to firm Bath but no sure if I should put Sheffield as the insurance. Can someone give me some advise?

ReputationRep:
    hi im going to confirm my choices soon and im just wondering as an insurance should i put edinburgh (ABB) or oxford brookes (AAB) down ? think im going to put bath as my firm but i need an insurance choice and im not too sure:K
    is it possible that could someone give me some advice please :3 thank you

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: September 4, 2017
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.