Join TSR now and get all your career questions answeredSign up now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soekblas)
    rejection from MS (don't know why) and Nomura (failed the 2nd test), interview for ICAP
    Just did the 2nd test for Nomura and that was tough as nails!

Pretty sure I failed it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For those people who did MS and CS's numerical test how hard are those compared to assesmentday.co.uk?

ReputationRep:
    Thank you for completing the final online test. Your results have been captured and your application to Nomura has been submitted. We appreciate the time you have taken to complete the application and tests.

We will be reviewing your qualifications and experience in relation to the role you have applied to and will be in contact with you in the coming weeks.

This is the email I got on the 2nd September. Does it mean I passed the second Nomura test (logical reasoning.) Appearently according to many of yous, it was insanely hard, I found it easier than the first one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    For those people who did MS and CS's numerical test how hard are those compared to assesmentday.co.uk?
    A lot easier than tests on AD imo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For MS, the only spring insights are for Technology and the Institutional securities group. ISG says the division is sales and trading - what about IBD?

Also, anyone done the Rothschild tests? Do you get an automatic rejection if failed, did them yesterday haven't heard back anything....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by therealdeal580)
    Just did the 2nd test for Nomura and that was tough as nails!

Pretty sure I failed it too.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    yep the practice test was easy and comprehensible then the real test was so weird. got a rejection e-mail about a week after

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lol1415)
    For MS, the only spring insights are for Technology and the Institutional securities group. ISG says the division is sales and trading - what about IBD?

Also, anyone done the Rothschild tests? Do you get an automatic rejection if failed, did them yesterday haven't heard back anything....
    I believe that for MS, ISG encompasses Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets, Sales & Trading and Equity Research

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Green-Shamrock)
    I believe that for MS, ISG encompasses Investment Banking, Global Capital Markets, Sales & Trading and Equity Research
    Top stuff, cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Soekblas)
    rejection from MS (don't know why) and Nomura (failed the 2nd test), interview for ICAP
    Sorry to hear that mate.

How long after you submitted your numerical did you get rejected?
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lol1415)

Ms is rotational fo

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Princepieman)
    Posted from TSR Mobile
    How are apps going man?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got the link for the BP IST spring week please? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by economicss)
    Has anyone got the link for the BP IST spring week please? Thanks
    Opens January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Opens January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    Any big 4 (EY, KPMG, PWC, DELOITTE) insights opened yet?

ReputationRep:
    Opens January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is this the link for it https://careers.bpglobal.com/TGWEbHo...3&AReq=75039BR or is the spring week a different programme to this? Thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by conductionist)
    Any big 4 (EY, KPMG, PWC, DELOITTE) insights opened yet?
    Just PWC.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RWiz)
    I'd say slightly easier, but probably about the same level. Also less time pressured, though it still felt rushed

ReputationRep:
    That HSBC integrity question tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IMZL)
    That HSBC integrity question tho
    I've done the whole application for HSBC, but seem to be missing this inside joke :/

Could anyone explain?

EDIT* Never mind, just remembered it. Was a pretty annoying one to say the least!

Poll
If you won £30,000, which of these would you spend it on?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.