Join TSR now and get all your revision questions answeredSign up now

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

• View Poll Results: What grades are you expecting on results day?
    A*A*A* (A2 only)
    5.80%
    A*A*A (A2 only)
    5.11%
    A*AA (A2 only)
    8.61%
    AAA
    10.88%
    AAB
    14.14%
    ABB
    12.30%
    BBB
    5.44%
    BBC
    6.16%
    BCC
    5.05%
    CCC
    1.75%
    CCD
    4.08%
    A*AB (A2 only)
    4.86%
    A*BB (A2 only)
    1.42%
    ABC
    5.89%
    ACC
    1.48%
    Other
    7.04%

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose - extra requirements like STEP are harsh lol! I got lost just doing my GCSE in maths oops. Where is your crazy offer from? Is that also for maths? So glad all this results day angst is behind me
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Yeah it is a bit crazy but I suppose it does say something when that's probably the easiest offer to obtain, otherwise you'll have to take STEP haha. Granted, my offer of A*A*AA isn't much better but I've decided to take a gap year instead and so I'm going to reject the offer on results day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmyPilot)
    Oh my that's high! To go where and to study what????
    Yeah maths at Warwick. The offer is even higher at Cambridge which is crazy.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it is a bit crazy but I suppose it does say something when that's probably the easiest offer to obtain, otherwise you'll have to take STEP haha. Granted, my offer of A*A*AA isn't much better but I've decided to take a gap year instead and so I'm going to reject the offer on results day.
    Is A*A*A* easier than A*A*AA?
    Edit: I guess it is since it is 1 less A level so you can concentrate on it more.

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck - will keep everything crossed for you!
    (Original post by target21859)
    Yeah maths at Warwick. The offer is even higher at Cambridge which is crazy.

ReputationRep:
    There is also AEA for Warwick, not that that is much easier.

ReputationRep:
    Well good luck - will keep everything crossed for you!
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I suppose - extra requirements like STEP are harsh lol! I got lost just doing my GCSE in maths oops. Where is your crazy offer from? Is that also for maths? So glad all this results day angst is behind me
    Nah, it's for Chemistry at Imperial which I find to be ridiculous cos it even says on their website that their requirements are usually A*AA but I guess they can just do that to unsuspecting people are you in uni atm then?

(Original post by target21859)
    Is A*A*A* easier than A*A*AA?
    Edit: I guess it is since it is 1 less A level so you can concentrate on it more.
    Personally I'd prefer an A*A*AA offer to A*A*A* since Further Maths is basically just more Maths which is easier than doing 2 subjects that have completely different content to each other. So, I would say an A*A*AA is more safe in the sense that A*'s especially in FM can be unreliable to obtain whereas if you're good at maths, A's should be relatively easy to obtain.

(Original post by Aph)
    There is also AEA for Warwick, not that that is much easier.
    Hahaha yeah I forgot about that, not that I'd fancy doing the AEA either (tho I'm not even doing Maths at uni so I wouldn't need to do it regardless). I think I'd still take an A*A*A* offer over the AEA tho.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, it's for Chemistry at Imperial which I find to be ridiculous cos it even says on their website that their requirements are usually A*AA but I guess they can just do that to unsuspecting people are you in uni atm then?

Personally I'd prefer an A*A*AA offer to A*A*A* since Further Maths is basically just more Maths which is easier than doing 2 subjects that have completely different content to each other. So, I would say an A*A*AA is more safe in the sense that A*'s especially in FM can be unreliable to obtain whereas if you're good at maths, A's should be relatively easy to obtain.

Hahaha yeah I forgot about that, not that I'd fancy doing the AEA either (tho I'm not even doing Maths at uni so I wouldn't need to do it regardless). I think I'd still take an A*A*A* offer over the AEA tho.
    My Imperial chemistry offer was A*A*A as well and they gave plenty of A*A*A* offers, WHAT A JOKE! Probably they got fed up that everyone insured them who had an Oxbridge offer but A*A*A* for chemistry is still a joke :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    My Imperial chemistry offer was A*A*A as well and they gave plenty of A*A*A* offers, WHAT A JOKE! Probably they got fed up that everyone insured them who had an Oxbridge offer but A*A*A* for chemistry is still a joke :/
    Yeah hahaha and despite all this, I don't want to do Chemistry anymore so I'm gonna have to call up Imperial on results day (if I get the grades) and reject them.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah hahaha and despite all this, I don't want to do Chemistry anymore so I'm gonna have to call up Imperial on results day (if I get the grades) and reject them.
    What a coincidence, I don't want to do chemistry anymore either, and Oxford is not terribly lenient. What is your new chosen subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lawlieto)
    What a coincidence, I don't want to do chemistry anymore either, and Oxford is not terribly lenient. What is your new chosen subject?
    Chemical Engineering haha, a bit ironic that I'll probably be applying to Imperial again this year. Are you still sticking with Chemistry then?

ReputationRep:
    Chemical Engineering haha, a bit ironic that I'll probably be applying to Imperial again this year. Are you still sticking with Chemistry then?
    You know if you get the grades you can ask imperial to switch and defer your application?

ReputationRep:
    Yes If I meet my offer

ReputationRep:
    I am sooo confused why are UCAS sending us guys a razor and girls tampons xD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik1234)
    I didn't get a razor?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vik1234)
    what the heck are you talking about ?

ReputationRep:
    Does UCAS update at 6am or 8am?

ReputationRep:
    Crazy offer but I wish you good luck for results day and beyond! Yes I am at uni - just finished my second year with 2 more left to go.

ReputationRep:
    It usually goes live from about 7.30 am I think
    (Original post by Emi1998)
    Does UCAS update at 6am or 8am?

ReputationRep:
    Why the hell do you have to mention the number of days left?!

I'm so nervous.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Sponsored content:

HEAR

HEAR

Find out how a Higher Education Achievement Report can help you prove your achievements.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.