The Student Room Group

Official AS & A2 Results Day 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Original post by NeverLucky
Yeah it is a bit crazy but I suppose it does say something when that's probably the easiest offer to obtain, otherwise you'll have to take STEP haha. Granted, my offer of A*A*AA isn't much better but I've decided to take a gap year instead and so I'm going to reject the offer on results day.

There is also AEA for Warwick, not that that is much easier.
Original post by AmyPilot
Well good luck - will keep everything crossed for you!

Original post by AmyPilot
Yeah I suppose - extra requirements like STEP are harsh lol! I got lost just doing my GCSE in maths oops. Where is your crazy offer from? Is that also for maths? So glad all this results day angst is behind me :biggrin:

Nah, it's for Chemistry at Imperial which I find to be ridiculous cos it even says on their website that their requirements are usually A*AA but I guess they can just do that to unsuspecting people :colonhash: are you in uni atm then?

Original post by target21859
Is A*A*A* easier than A*A*AA?
Edit: I guess it is since it is 1 less A level so you can concentrate on it more.

Personally I'd prefer an A*A*AA offer to A*A*A* since Further Maths is basically just more Maths which is easier than doing 2 subjects that have completely different content to each other. So, I would say an A*A*AA is more safe in the sense that A*'s especially in FM can be unreliable to obtain whereas if you're good at maths, A's should be relatively easy to obtain.

Original post by Aph
There is also AEA for Warwick, not that that is much easier.

Hahaha yeah I forgot about that, not that I'd fancy doing the AEA either (tho I'm not even doing Maths at uni so I wouldn't need to do it regardless). I think I'd still take an A*A*A* offer over the AEA tho.
Nah, it's for Chemistry at Imperial which I find to be ridiculous cos it even says on their website that their requirements are usually A*AA but I guess they can just do that to unsuspecting people :colonhash: are you in uni atm then?

Personally I'd prefer an A*A*AA offer to A*A*A* since Further Maths is basically just more Maths which is easier than doing 2 subjects that have completely different content to each other. So, I would say an A*A*AA is more safe in the sense that A*'s especially in FM can be unreliable to obtain whereas if you're good at maths, A's should be relatively easy to obtain.

Hahaha yeah I forgot about that, not that I'd fancy doing the AEA either (tho I'm not even doing Maths at uni so I wouldn't need to do it regardless). I think I'd still take an A*A*A* offer over the AEA tho.

My Imperial chemistry offer was A*A*A as well and they gave plenty of A*A*A* offers, WHAT A JOKE! Probably they got fed up that everyone insured them who had an Oxbridge offer but A*A*A* for chemistry is still a joke :/
Original post by lawlieto
My Imperial chemistry offer was A*A*A as well and they gave plenty of A*A*A* offers, WHAT A JOKE! Probably they got fed up that everyone insured them who had an Oxbridge offer but A*A*A* for chemistry is still a joke :/

Yeah hahaha and despite all this, I don't want to do Chemistry anymore so I'm gonna have to call up Imperial on results day (if I get the grades) and reject them.
Yeah hahaha and despite all this, I don't want to do Chemistry anymore so I'm gonna have to call up Imperial on results day (if I get the grades) and reject them.

What a coincidence, I don't want to do chemistry anymore either, and Oxford is not terribly lenient. What is your new chosen subject? :biggrin:
Original post by lawlieto
What a coincidence, I don't want to do chemistry anymore either, and Oxford is not terribly lenient. What is your new chosen subject? :biggrin:

Chemical Engineering haha, a bit ironic that I'll probably be applying to Imperial again this year. Are you still sticking with Chemistry then?
Reply 1347
Chemical Engineering haha, a bit ironic that I'll probably be applying to Imperial again this year. Are you still sticking with Chemistry then?

You know if you get the grades you can ask imperial to switch and defer your application?

Yes :smile: If I meet my offer :biggrin:
I am sooo confused why are UCAS sending us guys a razor and girls tampons xD
Original post by vik1234

I didn't get a razor? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by vik1234

what the heck are you talking about :colonhash:?
Does UCAS update at 6am or 8am?
Crazy offer but I wish you good luck for results day and beyond! Yes I am at uni - just finished my second year with 2 more left to go.

It usually goes live from about 7.30 am I think
Original post by Emi1998
Does UCAS update at 6am or 8am?
Why the hell do you have to mention the number of days left?!:angry:

I'm so nervous.
Original post by Sacred Ground
I didn't get a razor? :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Lol check your email bro
Original post by Peppercrunch
what the heck are you talking about :colonhash:?

Seriously check your email I only found out because a couple friends told me about it and at first i thought they were joking but it turns out to be real
Reply 1358
Original post by MrsSheldonCooper
Why the hell do you have to mention the number of days left?!:angry:

I'm so nervous.

Wait what???
I thought you were like 26:s-smilie:
I can't wait actually, I'm so excited to find out how I did :ahee:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest