Not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    This may be a stupid question but what will we actually see on results day on that sheet of paper? The grade we got for each subject, what about coursework grades, percentages, raw or UMS marks?
    Grade subject and what you got in in each individual exam and altogether coursework

(My sister)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    This may be a stupid question but what will we actually see on results day on that sheet of paper? The grade we got for each subject, what about coursework grades, percentages, raw or UMS marks?
    I did a short course GCSE 2 years ago and they show your grade and UMS mark. My friend did Italian and it also showed the coursework grades (speaking and writing)

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAnon121)
    What do you guys think about this years C1 and C2 paper in comparison to last years?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I had OCR, all the chemistry questions were easy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    I got the ECHO QUESTION WRONG
    SAME!!!! I think it was because of the way they worded it that made it confusing to me.

ReputationRep:
    So do you guys think the C1 grade boundary will be lower than last years of 50 for A*?? I think C2 was easier than last year, leading me to think that the A* boundary will be around 51-53.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shohaib712)
    SAME!!!! I think it was because of the way they worded it that made it confusing to me.
    "Reflected wave" I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    I got 39/40 (my chem teacher said it was 100UMS)

I was really annoyed with my biology ISA. First my bio teacher marked it at a C, then got remarked to 48/50, then my teacher pushed it down to 44/50 before sending it off to AQA . (But it doesn't matter though cuz I know I failed biology - I didnt revise for unit 3)
    I got a C (35/50), I redid it and got 43 which was 1 mark off an A* (Biology isa).
    I got 11/60 in B3 mock, but I reckon I did so much better in the current exam I knew most of it.
    (Original post by extraordinaire)
    Yeah I get how you feel. For Product Design our teacher was ill half of year 10 when we needed her most. But there wasn't any suitable replacement until May/June. Even when she came back, she didn't help with the theory stuff so we had to self-teach the whole spec. With physics, our teacher wasn't very good at helping us understand the concepts so we had to self teach P3

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I hated P3, I loved learning P2 though. I got scissors thrown at me in my Statistics class but I'll still come out with a good grade, the classroom control was just crap for that subject.

Not the only one

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I know😅

ReputationRep:
    So do you guys think the C1 grade boundary will be lower than last years of 50 for A*?? I think C2 was easier than last year, leading me to think that the A* boundary will be around 51-53.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think C1 could be 48-50, C2 around 52 and C3 44/45 since it's usually somewhat lower than the other two

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad

Omg same 😂I put the Doppler effect because it didn't come up 😭😭😭

ReputationRep:
    "Reflected wave" I think

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Correct! I didn't get to finish the p1 paper missed like 4 marks thanks to my exam invigilator (she was a *****)

ReputationRep:
    Asking us about brown dwarfs smh:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That's what got me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ExoIceCream99)
    I got a C (35/50), I redid it and got 43 which was 1 mark off an A* (Biology isa).
    I got 11/60 in B3 mock, but I reckon I did so much better in the current exam I knew most of it.

I hated P3, I loved learning P2 though. I got scissors thrown at me in my Statistics class but I'll still come out with a good grade, the classroom control was just crap for that subject.

I know😅

Posted from TSR Mobile

The only part of P3 I enjoyed was the pendulum and hydraulics but that didn't even come up
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Welcome Squad
    Posted from TSR Mobile

The only part of P3 I enjoyed was the pendulum and hydraulics but that didn't even come up
    P3 was so boring

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by XLittleSparrowX)
    If I'm correct, if you want a remark, you should discuss it with your subject teacher on the day to see if it's the right thing to do. I believe it costs money and it may not go up. If you are really close to the grade above (especially if it's an entry grade), it's always good to talk to your teacher to see what him/her think about this.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you for explaining it, I'd always wondered how it all worked. Pointless to think about all that before I have results ahahaha

ReputationRep:
    Correct! I didn't get to finish the p1 paper missed like 4 marks thanks to my exam invigilator (she was a *****)

Posted from TSR Mobile

Loool there's always something up with invigilators

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    I was wondering what we see on our results sheet as well

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone remember if the last question on P2 was 2 or 3 marks? If it was 3 the answer was 12 m/s2 (which is what I put, you had to workout a resultant force) but if 2 it was 22 m/s2.

Some unofficial mark schemes have 22, and some have 12 lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I think C1 could be 48-50, C2 around 52 and C3 44/45 since it's usually somewhat lower than the other two

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeah I agree with that. Did you find C3 somewhat challenging though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I agree with that. Did you find C3 somewhat challenging though?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

Only a little. I remember not knowing an answer to something and making silly mistakes (like the question about reactivity - answer was fluorine according to unofficial mark schemes) but I did some hardcore revision. Oh, I did find the topic on water a bit hard (I usually don't know what the examiner wants when they ask about something on this topic)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.