Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zacken)
    I'm entirely not surprised. We both knew that that was gonna happen.

I'm shite at exams.
    no come on. Maybe ur being too harsh on urself or something?

I did mess up m4 today tho, there was a whole 5 mark q I didnt get cus either or it didnt work or I misread it lots of times.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EnglishMuon)
    no come on. Maybe ur being too harsh on urself or something?

I did mess up m4 today tho, there was a whole 5 mark q I didnt get cus either or it didnt work or I misread it lots of times.
    Hopefully, all depends on the boundaries and how many marks Q4 and Q11 get me. (hopefully more than I'm predicting, maybe Shamika can chime in?)

Ahh, commiserations. I do suppose you're in the position where you don't need to care because the A* is secured in M/FM?

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully, all depends on the boundaries and how many marks Q4 and Q11 get me. (hopefully more than I'm predicting, maybe Shamika can chime in?)

Ahh, commiserations. I do suppose you're in the position where you don't need to care because the A* is secured in M/FM?
    ah yea I mean it is one of atleast 2 extras so it doesnt really matter. But it really bugs me how I got 74/75 last night and now im looking at high 60s

ReputationRep:
    ah yea I mean it is one of atleast 2 extras so it doesnt really matter. But it really bugs me how I got 74/75 last night and now im looking at high 60s
    Ahh, yeah, I know exactly how you feel (I've felt like that for all four of my exams so far). Here's to hoping the rest go better.

ReputationRep:
    I'm entirely not surprised. We both knew that that was gonna happen.

I'm shite at exams.
    I am kind of gloomy after the M4 exam, so I am definitely not looking at any of the solutions for STEP I, or at least

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    I am kind of gloomy after the M4 exam, so I am definitely not looking at any of the solutions for STEP I, or at least
    Ahhh, sorry to hear it didn't go well. Remember that you're still pretty much full on track for the A* in M/FM and stupid UMS scores shouldn't affect you in the least, nobody is going to care about them beyond you for a week or two.

Chin up, give yourself a day off!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    well atleast I wasnt the only one. Out of interest (if u dont mind me asking), what was the last part of the truck on an elastic string question on about? I couldnt get anything sensible so I mustve misread something?

ReputationRep:
    Can someone pls tell me my rough score. Question 1 did all the way to the last part where I got n=3 but didn't manage to factorise it into 2 linear factors
    Question 2 should be a full but I just left the same constant C for every answer
    Question 3 my sin|x| graph was slightly off as I forgot that sin3<sin2 and for the last graph I stupidly used 2pi/3 instead of 5pi/6 but shape of graph fine
    Vector question managed to do all of it just messed up the range of k where I said k>0 when it should have been <0 OH and I differentiated the first part of 4😅😅😅😅😂😂😂

ReputationRep:

One of my Warwick offers is A*AA with 1 in any STEP paper. I'm sure I got a 1 in that paper (but not an S ).
    That means I need 41% average in M2 and FP2 to secure my offer LOL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielhx)
    Can someone pls tell me my rough score. Question 1 did all the way to the last part where I got n=3 but didn't manage to factorise it into 2 linear factors
    Question 2 should be a full but I just left the same constant C for every answer
    Question 3 my sin|x| graph was slightly off as I forgot that sin3<sin2 and for the last graph I stupidly used 2pi/3 instead of 5pi/6 but shape of graph fine
    Vector question managed to do all of it just messed up the range of k where I said k>0 when it should have been <0 OH and I differentiated the first part of 4😅😅😅😅😂😂😂
    Dw I'm an idiot I got sin1,sin2,sin4 all the wrong way round since I can't look at a unit circle properly. I even remembered to put sin(-4) as positive but that probs counts for nothing after that.

ReputationRep:
    Predictions for a grade 1? Also, how many marks on question 7 if not able to do the last part (iv) ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danielhx)
    16, 20, 17, 18, 4

(Original post by IrrationalRoot)
    One of my Warwick offers is A*AA with 1 in any STEP paper. I'm sure I got a 1 in that paper (but not an S ).
    That means I need 41% average in M2 and FP2 to secure my offer LOL.
    Same as me for STEP, I need 0% in FP3 to meet my Warwick offer although at the rate I'm going, I'm probably going to miss out on the Physics A grade even though I need about 50% over my next two A2 papers. :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jellymath)
    Predictions for a grade 1?
    Probably 78-ish imo.

ReputationRep:
    well atleast I wasnt the only one. Out of interest (if u dont mind me asking), what was the last part of the truck on an elastic string question on about? I couldnt get anything sensible so I mustve misread something?
    No idea.

I almost cried after that exam.

How much does Cambridge look at individual UMS scores if you miss your offer? Is a C in M4 gonna mean automatic rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    No idea.

I almost cried after that exam.

How much does Cambridge look at individual UMS scores if you miss your offer? Is a C in M4 gonna mean automatic rejection?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    nah ofcourse not. They wont care at all. Its all about step really. Nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    Ahhh, sorry to hear it didn't go well. Remember that you're still pretty much full on track for the A* in M/FM and stupid UMS scores shouldn't affect you in the least, nobody is going to care about them beyond you for a week or two.

Chin up, give yourself a day off!
    I couldn't even finish the reply I was sending, I am this shocked after M4. I was going to thank you for the solutions, although I am not gonna even look at them until after exams are done since all I need now is to worry about a 2 in STEP I.

How does Cambridge feel about a C in an A-level module? You said before that they disliked flops a lot especially mechanics since university is 50% applied.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As for how I got on.
    Q1 20 Q2 20 Q5?(circles) 18-20 maybe lost some marks on some loose justificiations.
    Curvature Q well I had the right idea used a u=f'(x) then I integrated one side wrtx correctly and the other side wrtu so I ****ed up that part. Horrible error on my part. Should have been a 20 on my part but I made a horrendous error under exam conditions.
    Vectors: normally I always get vectors right, made an error leading to a wrong OZ shud get methods. I did the last part using the given value.
    GF: just did the first part quickly at the end.
    Q11 mechanics did everything other then the final distance.
    So overall Im happy since I know other then little stupid errors I would have got a really good mark so decent. Just hoping to not make mistake on vectors in II so i can get the S1 II III.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Probably 78-ish imo.
    No way.
    I predict 67.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    nah ofcourse not. They wont care at all. Its all about step really. Nothing else.
    Churchill sent me a letter, informing me that I should send my UMS results on 18th August if I miss my offer. Since a miss usually refers to missing STEP, how bad is it that M4 is at a C? I even expected M4 to be at an A/A* or even UMS, with M5 a bit lower. This is really ****ing me up.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I couldn't even finish the reply I was sending, I am this shocked after M4. I was going to thank you for the solutions, although I am not gonna even look at them until after exams are done since all I need now is to worry about a 2 in STEP I.

How does Cambridge feel about a C in an A-level module? You said before that they disliked flops a lot especially mechanics since university is 50% applied.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What I was saying before was more relative caring. In absolute terms they won't really care, STEP grades are what matters. Plus, even if you get a C in M4, you're still likely to go on and get an A* in FM, so it's not really anything to worry about.

Edit to add: every college sends everybody that email/letter about "send in UMS grades please" but for mathmos, it's more of a formality rather than anything they use extensively. STEP scores are much more informative to them.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.