[2017] Fastest and slowest offer senders!

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nl1998)
    Anyone got an offer from LSE yet? They said it would take 8 to 12 weeks for me. Got an offer from Queen Mary within 24 hrs for Actuarial Science!
    Congratulations! When did you submit your application and when did your offer come through? I applied last Friday and I am still waiting for a decesion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iman305)
    How do you know when LNAT scores are sent, I thought it was immediately!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    They get them on the 21st, or if you sit it after that date, 24 hours later. See: http://www.lnat.ac.uk/what-is-lnat/results/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sarahme)
    I've got three so far: warwick for aab, newcastle for aab, and birmingham which is unconditional all for philosophy
    That's amazing, well done! I'm so close to finishing my UCAS app and i'm applying for philosophy at all of those unis too. Seriously insane that Birmingham gave you an unconditional! May I just ask where else you're applying? and what are your predicted grades?

ReputationRep:
    School sent off UCAS yesterday (14/10/16) For Music. Offers TBC, will update.

Oxford
    Durham
    York
    King's
    Manchester

ReputationRep:
    Still no responses sent my application a week and a half ago. I guess they also take longer to answer for students with weird alternative/international qualifications. I've got confirmations from all my unis and Birmingham sent me an email saying that my application had been reviewed by the admissions team and had now been passed onto the admissions tutors for my course. I guess it's a good thing?

I'm applying for maths and physics at UCL, Birmingham (Theoretical physics and applied maths to be precise), Exeter and Bristol and then Natural Sciences at Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone got an offer from Manchester yet? I haven't heard anything from them, not even an acknowledgement email.

I got my first offer from Nottingham for theology and religious studies yesterday, a week after sending it off - ABB or unconditional if I firm it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouKayenta05)
    Anyone got an offer from Manchester yet? I haven't heard anything from them, not even an acknowledgement email.

I got my first offer from Nottingham for theology and religious studies yesterday, a week after sending it off - ABB or unconditional if I firm it!
    How do you get an unconditional? I really want one from Manchester. I have an interview with them in 2 weeks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by t.thompson22)
    How do you get an unconditional? I really want one from Manchester. I have an interview with them in 2 weeks
    You get an unconditional either if you've already achieved the grades required for the course and the university wants to offer you a place. Many universities give unconditionals to very very strong applicants.

Good luck for your interview! At least you've heard back from them for the interview, it's a good sign What are you applying for?

Weekends are frustatating as there's no way you'll be hearing for any university on a saturday or a sunday

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouKayenta05)

I have heard nothing from Manchester yet either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Still no responses sent my application a week and a half ago.
    You do realise that you could wait until March for a decision ..... ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Theplace)
    Meeting the requirements is a given for all that apply. It does not secure an early offer.
    Understood, but I thought most UK applicants apply with predicted qualifications. She has met or exceeded those--I think your A2 grades (whatever ones at the end)--were what I referring to.

ReputationRep:
    You get an unconditional either if you've already achieved the grades required for the course and the university wants to offer you a place. Many universities give unconditionals to very very strong applicants.

Good luck for your interview! At least you've heard back from them for the interview, it's a good sign What are you applying for?

Weekends are frustatating as there's no way you'll be hearing for any university on a saturday or a sunday
    Well congratulations on getting an unconditional! I like to think I'm strong enough to get one, but I do know it's unlikely. And thank you! I'm applying for biochemistry. And tell me about it, need to get out of the habit of checking my emails every second on weekends

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by returnmigrant)
    You do realise that you could wait until March for a decision ..... ?
    Yes yes but as I'm applying early and have predicted and achieved grades higher than what they are expecting I'm hoping to get an earlier decision :/

ReputationRep:
    Middle range Unis offer Unconditional places like this because they want to fill courses and not loose people in August when they get higher results and/or just change their minds. It has NOTHING To do with 'wanting you' - they would want anyone who is upright and breathing with the right predictions.

It might sound like the dream offer - it isn't. If you pick this as your Firm you are then UF - locked-in to going to that Uni and only that Uni regardless of your results in August. You will not have an Insurance (you don't need one) and you will not be eligible for Adjustment, whatever results you get.

You will probably feel flattered that you got an Unconditional offer and choose that (easy option) without thinking too carefully about either the course or the Uni - and are likely to have regretted that choice by August. And, you will stop working for your A levels (they no longer matter) and will probably get weak grades - this will matter big time later as many employers use A level grades as a way of filtering graduate applications.

So..... be very careful about wishing for this. It isn't the magic gift it might look like !

Lots more advice in these 2 TSR articles : How to Avoid 5 Rejections (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...ity-rejections) and Making Firm & Insurance Choices (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/cont...urance-choices). These are both worth reading, carefully.

ReputationRep:
    Yes yes but as I'm applying early and have predicted and achieved grades higher than what they are expecting I'm hoping to get an earlier decision :/
    They will also look at your PS and academic reference. You application will be ranked and you will get an offer if it scores high enough. Again you may wait until March for this - ie. your application may be weak compared to others who do get an immediate offer, Achieved grades do not automatically make you a stronger candidate.

ReputationRep:
    Well congratulations on getting an unconditional! I like to think I'm strong enough to get one, but I do know it's unlikely. And thank you! I'm applying for biochemistry. And tell me about it, need to get out of the habit of checking my emails every second on weekends

Oh I dont have an uncondtional offer haha I wish x) I haven't heard back yet from any of my unis (ucl bristol birmingham exeter + cambridge) so I'm crossing my fingers for next week!

Oh i've got a friend who went for an interview at Manchester for biochemistry! She loved the interview and then got an offer. The offer was a 15 at the french bac if I remember correctly (equivalent to AAA to A*AA)

ReputationRep:
    Oh I dont have an uncondtional offer haha I wish x) I haven't heard back yet from any of my unis (ucl bristol birmingham exeter + cambridge) so I'm crossing my fingers for next week!

Oh i've got a friend who went for an interview at Manchester for biochemistry! She loved the interview and then got an offer. The offer was a 15 at the french bac if I remember correctly (equivalent to AAA to A*AA)

Oh my bad, misread! And I'll have my fingers crossed for you for next week!! That's a very high offer for Biochem, on the website 2017 entry is AAA-ABB. I have extenuating circumstances which may lead to a contextual offer of something maybe a little bit lower? Grouped with interview performance, personal statement & reference maybe?

ReputationRep:
    Any Biomedical Science offers??

ReputationRep:
    Oh my bad, misread! And I'll have my fingers crossed for you for next week!! That's a very high offer for Biochem, on the website 2017 entry is AAA-ABB. I have extenuating circumstances which may lead to a contextual offer of something maybe a little bit lower? Grouped with interview performance, personal statement & reference maybe?
    Haha thanks! The french bac offers are really different from unis to unis, for example at Bristol my course asks for A*AA but with the french bac international option they "only" ask for 14/20 whereas UCL who asks for A*AA -A*A*A asks for 16,5 at the french bac.
    I'm sure the extenuating circumstances will be taken into account
    Do you know if your interview is academic or more informal?

ReputationRep:
    I just applied to Oxford, St Andrews, Edinburgh & Inperial for biology + Human sciences & evolution for UCl on the 13th of October.
    Only just received welcome emails from all the unis I applied for apart from Imperial. I'll probably be anxiously awaiting offers for the next few months but I'll update if I get any😬

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: December 4, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.