The Student Room Group

OMG not another Rippetoes blog!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1340
Damn, I can't even imagine what my dumps would look like if I saved them up for a week!
Original post by SMed
Damn, I can't even imagine what my dumps would look like if I saved them up for a week!

It's not nice, I'll upload a pic on here if anyone is interested.
Original post by SMed

Have you started lifting again yet?
Reply 1343
Original post by Smack
Have you started lifting again yet?

No. Some pretty dire life stuff going on over the past few months, not just exams.

BUT I'm moving to a flat that's a 10 min walk from the gym next week. So at least there should be less of a barrier to get back to it. But I've got exams for a few weeks at the end of June. **** everything
Reply 1344
Original post by AreebWithaHat

Please do not.
Okay session tonight.

Pause squats:

140 x 1

Meh. Felt the dreaded back pain again, so I'll have to switch to high bar. Weight was otherwise quite easy.

Bench press:

92.5 x 3/3/3

Felt a little bit easier than last time. Tried a 4th on the last set and failed again, but happy to get them all.

Deadlifts:

200 x 1
210 x f

Felt like doing deadlifts tonight for some reason, but didn't plan to so didn't have my belt with me. Also kept on my ironworks. Must be a PB beltless single.

Dips:

bodyweight x 8/8/8

Not too bad.

Some stretching then home.

So many things wrong with this post.

Also:

:mmm:
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Becca
So many things wrong with this post.

Also:

:mmm:

:rofl: very similar to my toilet trips!
Pretty ****ty session tonight.

Press:

67.5 x 2/f
50 x 10/10/9.75

Just wasn't feeling strong tonight. 67.5 was hopeless so reverted to doing some back off sets to accumulate work ... and get a pump, too. Never managed to fully lock out the last rep but the rest were okay.

Barbell row:

65 x 10/10/10

Not too bad.

Skull crushers:

bar + 25 x 10/10/10

Quite easy to be honest.

Pull ups:

bodyweight x 3

Chin ups:

bodyweight x 5

Wasn't the best idea after rows.

Then did some stretching and home.
Okay session tonight. Not been feeling great or eating much so wasn't expecting much. Was quick, too.

Paused squats:

140 x 1

Back to high bar and no back problems. Not too hard. A 1/2s pause at the bottom.

Press:

80 x 1
82.5 x ?

Finally got 80 strict out of the rack (have done it before but with a clean first, so took advantage of the bounce although no leg drive). Tried 82.5, managed to lock it out but wobbled about and had to walk backwards a bit. Was actually quite surprised about my press performance tonight.

Then some mobility and stretching and home.
Okay session tonight.

Squats:

140 x 6

High bar again and didn't use my belt either. Quite difficult but probably had a few more in me if I really psyched myself up.

Bench:

95 x 2/2/2
80 x 7/3

Disappointing. Just wasn't attacking the bar on any of the sets, and went to failure all the time too which knackered me out as well.

Pull ups and chin ups:

bodyweight x 3/4/4

No leg involvement whatsoever.

Incline dumbbell bench press:

26s x 6/6/4/4

First two sets quite easy but then became really fatigued and it all went down.

Lat pull down machine:

4 x 10

First time I've used this machine and it's quite good to be honest.

Some quick stretching and home.
Okay session tonight. Just a quick one.

Press:

70 x 3/3/3/3/3

Not too bad apart from second last set which was actually very difficult. Switching over to 5 x 3 because I stalled on 3 x 5 and heard a lot of good things about 5 x 3.

Barbell rows:

70 x 10/8/7

Very strict. Reps started to tail off.

Dips:

bodyweight x 8/8/7

Shoulder didn't like these. Don't think I'll do them again.

Then some quick shoulder dislocates and home.
Okay session tonight.

Squats:

150 x 3/3/3

Beltless squat PR. Quite hard.

Deadlifts:

180 x 3

Deadlifting straight after squats doesn't seem such a good idea. Felt harder than last time and form worse too. Stopped at 3.

Chins:

bodyweight x 5/5/5

Not leg involvement whatsoever.

Did 4 sets of lat pull downs, then some stretching and home.
A very quick one tonight.

Press:

72.5 x 3
60 x 7/4

Was meant to be going for five sets of three, however never had the strength nor time to get that tonight so I left it at one set and decided to rep out 60. Got 7, so two press PRs tonight.

Chins:

bodyweight x 5/5/5

No leg involvement again.

Then straight home.
Reply 1354
Original post by Smack
A very quick one tonight.

Press:

72.5 x 3
60 x 7/4

Was meant to be going for five sets of three, however never had the strength nor time to get that tonight so I left it at one set and decided to rep out 60. Got 7, so two press PRs tonight.

Chins:

bodyweight x 5/5/5

No leg involvement again.

Then straight home.

this is one issue im kinda worrying about but how did u manage your diet/protein while u were at uni? I'm guessing it was quite difficult to do at first but I suppose once u get used to the general lifestyle it becomes easier to handle?
Original post by a10
this is one issue im kinda worrying about but how did u manage your diet/protein while u were at uni? I'm guessing it was quite difficult to do at first but I suppose once u get used to the general lifestyle it becomes easier to handle?

Providing you have the money, it's actually easier to manage your diet whilst at uni.
Reply 1356
Original post by Smack
Providing you have the money, it's actually easier to manage your diet whilst at uni.

Whats ur opinion on super sets?
Original post by a10
Whats ur opinion on super sets?

They save time.
Reply 1358
They save time.

The only annoying thing is that it can be a pain when the gyms busy n u would end up wsiting for some noob to get off the machine/squat rack etc. Lol
Original post by a10
The only annoying thing is that it can be a pain when the gyms busy n u would end up wsiting for some noob to get off the machine/squat rack etc. Lol

Lol I guess so, I'm lucky in that my gym is full of old people or teens that stick with machines rather than the racks :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest