Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wottabout)
    Won't pi have to start repeating or end eventually? I mean, we haven't gotten to the end yet, have we? So, in a billion years, after we've gone to so many decimal places that they've invented new names for the numbers(gazilitrilimipillionth place, jilitriligazillionth place, etc) they might found the end.
    Okay, my rambling is over.
    No, there is an infinite number of numbers with no patterns at all. Its to do with the way numbers are divided to calculate it.

ReputationRep:
    ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh I get it now. But if they don't know exactly what pi is then how are we able to use it on calculators.

ReputationRep:
    Its easy enough to calculate to a certain number of decimal places, before rounding it to a certain number of decimal places. In written maths questions, the usual value is 3.14, but calculators use a longer 3.14159265 or so (which is why using the calculator pi gives a different answer to using 3.14, though only by a small amount). Since I am a nerd, I happen to know pi to a higher value than most calculators :rolleyes:.

The way pi is calculated means that it can be used in turn to find circumferences etc., as everybody will have done in school maths questions. Since circumference/diameter = 3.1415926535 etc. etc., pi*diameter = circumference. Pi is very useful.

ReputationRep:
    Right Mr Whizz nerd thanks for helping with revision. Want to be my tutor. Very good job.

ReputationRep:
    Well, our little mathematical debate seems to have killed this thread. Come on people, we need more posts than the neighbours thread at the very least .

ReputationRep:
    Well I never whats your problem. But your right the thread has dyed down.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staylor)
    Well, our little mathematical debate seems to have killed this thread. Come on people, we need more posts than the neighbours thread at the very least .
    There's a neighbours thread??!! No offence to anyone who goes on it, but remind me never, ever, ever to go ANYWHERE near it!!

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    Dont worry we will. Contact me on messenger psycho

ReputationRep:
    How do you make your sig go across the page like that noones told me and its cool

ReputationRep:
    Iknow your here

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lirael)
    How do you make your sig go across the page like that noones told me and its cool
    It's a code.you type scroll between square brackets. [] then /scroll between more square brackets [] and type what you want inbetween. Here's one I did earlier! Na na I'm smarter than you!

Easy really.

ReputationRep:
    Wow! I never knew how to do this! It's awesome!!!

(Original post by wottabout)
    Wow! I never knew how to do this! It's awesome!!!
    seriously guys,cut it out :mad: you can't possibly be as cool as me,i do the moonwalk :creep:

ReputationRep:
    good one yo-less. Never seen that one you should put it in your sig.

(Original post by lirael)
    good one yo-less. Never seen that one you should put it in your sig.
    thankee but i've seen this guy who got it to go backwards(as in scroll right instead of left)
    i'm bored.who wants to be on my rep list?

ReputationRep:
    Isnt there a list of VB codes in the faq somewhere, including this.

(Original post by staylor)
    Isnt there a list of VB codes in the faq somewhere, including this.
    eh?

ReputationRep:
    exactly what do you mean. You're babbling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yo-less)
    seriously guys,cut it out :mad: you can't possibly be as cool as me,i do the moonwalk :creep:
    I can make things go backwards too! Aren't I clever? :star:

Can I be on your rep list? Pretty please!
    I'll rep you back! :hugs:

edit: Me thinks I can make them go backwards. I'm not so sure anymore!

(Original post by Psycho_Gerbil)
    I can make things go backwards too! Aren't I clever? :star:

Can I be on your rep list? Pretty please!
    I'll rep you back! :hugs:

edit: Me thinks I can make them go backwards. I'm not so sure anymore!
    OK!!but rep me after i rep you,ok?
    and thanks for teaching me to get them go backward
    :creep: now thats the moon walk baby :cool:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.