Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by noodles!)
    I'm employed!! Can't quite believe it!!
    Congratulations, noodles! Give us the details of the job then!

ReputationRep:
    I'm employed!! Can't quite believe it!!
    Woohoo! I am so chuffed for you! Fantastic, well done you! :party:

ReputationRep:
    Fingers crossed I'm going to get 4 weeks cover at my current placement school which would be awesome. Can only help my job prospects!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca)
    Congratulations, noodles! Give us the details of the job then!
    I'll be teaching mainly German with some French (HoD made me speak French at interview, was very bad, who knows why they've employed me with that!) at a normal comprehensive school, around 1300 on roll. They seem largely well behaved though. MFL is located in the newest section of the school so that's nice, and by all accounts I get my own classroom too. Apart from making me speak French the HoD is really lovely and seems like she will be incredibly supportive.

ReputationRep:
    I'll be teaching mainly German with some French (HoD made me speak French at interview, was very bad, who knows why they've employed me with that!) at a normal comprehensive school, around 1300 on roll. They seem largely well behaved though. MFL is located in the newest section of the school so that's nice, and by all accounts I get my own classroom too. Apart from making me speak French the HoD is really lovely and seems like she will be incredibly supportive.
    Sounds excellent. I've never had my own classroom (will have one starting next school year though, :excited: ) and having a good department with a supportive manager is really important to the overall enjoyment levels of a job :yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by myblueheaven339)
    Fingers crossed I'm going to get 4 weeks cover at my current placement school which would be awesome. Can only help my job prospects!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
    Brilliant Foot in the door to a job there possibly? And great to have the 'proper' experience earlier on!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations Noodles!

I have finished placement (as of today) AND got a job yesterday. I am over the moon! All that is left to do now is to compile my final portfolio. After I've spent the weekend doing nothing obviously!

ReputationRep:
    P.s For anyone still looking for a job - keep going! This was my fifth interview and I had actually been offered 2 more but couldn't attend as they were on the same days as others, so I suppose it was my 7th really. Anyway, I had a horrible interview before this one and was ready to just give up! But now in hindsight, I am really glad I didn't get the others. The right school will come along for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    Finally finished my placement. Yay!

I've got a good with elements of outstanding for my final report, which I am chuffed with.

Just got to get all the files in order [and do a few pieces of Nat Cur leveling assessments] over the weekend and then do my two weeks enhancement. It feels so strange. And my class teacher is an angel - she has been so incredibly supportive. And, she got me a chocolate cake, vodka and wine to help tonight's celebration. Bless her!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by affinity89)
    Finally finished my placement. Yay!

I've got a good with elements of outstanding for my final report, which I am chuffed with.

Just got to get all the files in order [and do a few pieces of Nat Cur leveling assessments] over the weekend and then do my two weeks enhancement. It feels so strange. And my class teacher is an angel - she has been so incredibly supportive. And, she got me a chocolate cake, vodka and wine to help tonight's celebration. Bless her!
    Well done Affinity! That's fantastic! Go you! Not long to go now!

---

I've also finished my final placement with a Good! So I'm really pleased! 2 conference days in Uni and then it's all over! I cannot actually believe it! Then if all works out I shall be in school a few days a week before the holidays (I say holidays- I mean working at a special needs holiday club for 5 weeks! No rest for the wicked!) ready for Sept.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beckye)
    Congratulations Noodles!

I have finished placement (as of today) AND got a job yesterday. I am over the moon! All that is left to do now is to compile my final portfolio. After I've spent the weekend doing nothing obviously!
    Congratulations on your job (and finishing placement)! Enjoy the weekend of nothing, I have no such luxury, 4 lessons on Monday and only one is planned!

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations on your job (and finishing placement)! Enjoy the weekend of nothing, I have no such luxury, 4 lessons on Monday and only one is planned!
    But the relief of a job! Must be a huge weight off your shoulders! How long do you have left?

We had some Y11s in today teaching Spanish! I thought of all you secondary people, I didn't realise how young they look! I'm sure I didn't look that young then!

ReputationRep:
    Well done other finishers, you must be so relieved! I have 3 weeks to go (and holding on to every day now I don't need to go for any more interviews!)

My department were so lovely today- all apart from 2 already knew as I'd text one of them yesterday and she said she went straight away to find everyone who was still there after school to tell them, bless her!

Nobody let me get out of teaching today, though! But one of them knows that I prefer to kick her out when I would prefer not to be watched (the class are as good as gold and do always make good progress), and once I'd told her I'd got the job and she'd congratulated me she said "so I presume you won't want me in the lesson today then as you've been travelling, you must be tired?" She knows me so well! We had a really fun lesson though and I now wish she'd been there to see it. Ah well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    But the relief of a job! Must be a huge weight off your shoulders! How long do you have left?

We had some Y11s in today teaching Spanish! I thought of all you secondary people, I didn't realise how young they look! I'm sure I didn't look that young then!
    I realised today on my way home how different my mood is, it does really feel like a huge weight has been lifted! I've got 3 weeks, finish school on the 5th July and final day at my course is the 6th. But I'm going on a trip with them the week after so technically I'll be leaving after that.

They looked young? I think some of ours could pass for around 18/19. Then again a few of them at this school aren't too grown up actually, but the ones at my last school certainly seemed it. We also have a girl in year 8 who genuinely looks around 23, it's frightening. She has the attitude of a stroppy 13 year old though, so once she opens her mouth it's clear how old she is!

Bah Humbug! I don't finish until the 29th - teaching as normal up to the 27th!

ReputationRep:
    I realised today on my way home how different my mood is, it does really feel like a huge weight has been lifted! I've got 3 weeks, finish school on the 5th July and final day at my course is the 6th. But I'm going on a trip with them the week after so technically I'll be leaving after that.

They looked young? I think some of ours could pass for around 18/19. Then again a few of them at this school aren't too grown up actually, but the ones at my last school certainly seemed it. We also have a girl in year 8 who genuinely looks around 23, it's frightening. She has the attitude of a stroppy 13 year old though, so once she opens her mouth it's clear how old she is!
    Glad you are feeling more relaxed!

Yes they all looked so young! Perhaps they were more Y9/Y10 thinking back so maybe that is why! Still don't know if I could get up and teach them though. There were quite a lot of 'bigger' girls too, I was surprised the school jumpers went up that big and was quite shocked! Saying that there are some quite big Y6s at my placement school, such a shame really to be so overweight at such a young age.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! I can't tell you how great it is to finish, those still on placement-- keep going and it will be here in no time!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by balloon_parade)
    Glad you are feeling more relaxed!

Yes they all looked so young! Perhaps they were more Y9/Y10 thinking back so maybe that is why! Still don't know if I could get up and teach them though. There were quite a lot of 'bigger' girls too, I was surprised the school jumpers went up that big and was quite shocked! Saying that there are some quite big Y6s at my placement school, such a shame really to be so overweight at such a young age.

Hope everyone is having a lovely weekend! I can't tell you how great it is to finish, those still on placement-- keep going and it will be here in no time!
    I suppose there are some that look quite young, and the scary thing is when you hear those ones talk and wonder how they know so much! I'm not mega tall, so most of my older pupils were taller than me and as I taught a lot of sixth form in my last placement I was always concerned about how old they looked - especially as I don't look my age. They guessed my age as 21! I didn't know whether to be flattered or offended?

I teach year 4 and there are some children taller than me already.
    I don't know whether that says more about my height or theirs!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stray_talk)
    I teach year 4 and there are some children taller than me already.
    I don't know whether that says more about my height or theirs!
    My husband looks very young for his age and when he first started teaching, staff who hadn't got to know him used to try to throw him out of his classroom when they were on duty at lunchtime and saw him in there working. He was 28.

(Original post by carnationlilyrose)
    My husband looks very young for his age and when he first started teaching, staff who hadn't got to know him used to try to throw him out of his classroom when they were on duty at lunchtime and saw him in there working. He was 28.
    So when he's 60 he'll look no older than about 30. Not a bad deal

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.