r
aah i understand now, the secret behind your usename 'pianofluteFTW' :cool:
t112
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Q1)a) 'Define Electromotive force'

They didn't specify in the specification that we were required to define it, does this mean they assume you should know this from AS.

Not that I should't know it, Is it not just a bit cheeky?
TobeTheHero
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by t112)

They didn't specify in the specification that we were required to define it, does this mean they assume you should know this from AS.

they did that with F214 as well asking to define 'Kilowatt-hour' WTF
RealisticDeity
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by t112)

Lol I got this one wrong ... first question OORAH!

But yeah, this exam is synoptic, you had to know all of AS stuff too.
pianofluteftw
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TobeTheHero)
r
aah i understand now, the secret behind your usename 'pianofluteFTW' :cool:
??? (For the record I don't actually like Elvis, nor am I affiliated with any third party represntatives of him I just know the quote )

But yes, I do play the piano and flute (this has nothing to do with Physics so I will stop rambling - although wait Music is all to do with Physics - scrap that this is to do with the exam I took today)

And yes - THIS is how my brain functions.

(Original post by t112)

Well the specification is synoptic! However to be on the safe side I did write down last years definition and that it was equal to the rate of change of magnetic flux linkage when induced. (Hopefully covering all eventualities!)
TobeTheHero
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pianofluteftw)
??? (For the record I don't actually like Elvis, nor am I affiliated with any third party represntatives of him I just know the quote )

But yes, I do play the piano and flute (this has nothing to do with Physics so I will stop rambling - although wait Music is all to do with Physics - scrap that this is to do with the exam I took today)

And yes - THIS is how my brain functions.

Well the specification is synoptic! However to be on the safe side I did write down last years definition and that it was equal to the rate of change of magnetic flux linkage when induced. (Hopefully covering all eventualities!)
:rofl: didn't I say you got imagination lol
jtc42
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I panicked and wrote something like "Force giving energy to each unit charge, causing a current to flow. -Rate of change of fluc linkage" in some vague attempt to clamber aboard some marks >.< I think I failed.
Oh my Ms. Coffey
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by purist66)
He should have really put coupling gel.

I'm guessing that coupling medium will be ok aswell though if that's what you put.
Its not always a gel, it can be an oil.
OMGWTFBBQ
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Guys does anyone know what the angle was please?

Also what are we asking for from OCR? A fixed percentage increase for centres who didn't get extra time?
purist66
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Oh my Ms. Coffey)
Its not always a gel, it can be an oil.
I did not know that...I got taught that it was coupling gel.

I guess you do learn something new every day :P
PhilliChilli
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
All i can say is wow...*slow clap* OCR you really have outdone yourself this year.
First you violate biology by basing the paper on ecology and asking questions that werent specified in the syllabus. :rolleyes:
THEN
You decided to whip out some uncool rate questions in chemistry F325 and just magic tang say no more. :gunfire:
BUT NO-
You had't finished. You decided to put a mistake in G484.
A mistake which probably confused a lot of people and made them turnt the page and never look back OR people ust happened to be lucky and get extra time therefore probably gaining more marks. :upyours:

Its ok. Revenge will come soon on results day. We'll show you, all us scientists will! :own3d:

you.****bags.....
:awesome:
eddie90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol convenient that i had retaken the electrons paper so knew that definition :P
i also find it hilarious that the people who were doing psychology at the same time we were doing physics were given 5 minutes for disrupting them as well XD (due to the inevitable ocr error)
pianofluteftw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by jtc42)
I panicked and wrote something like "Force giving energy to each unit charge, causing a current to flow. -Rate of change of fluc linkage" in some vague attempt to clamber aboard some marks >.< I think I failed.
I just tried to cover every eventuality on most questions!

I think I got the angle one wrong as I spent ages trying to work out why my answer was ridiculous then realised my calculator was still in radians (idiot me much?!) so I redid it but still don't think I got it right! (I got the 70 something one as I used mass instead of weight (yet again idiot me!)

However the rest of it was okish?
Althouh I was missing the appearance of quarks/ fusion/ life cycle of stars/ X rays/ MRI scans as I love all of those questions!
TobeTheHero
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I think I got the angle one wrong as I spent ages trying to work out why my answer was ridiculous then realised my calculator was still in radians (idiot me much?!) so I redid it but still don't think I got it right! (I got the 70 something one as I used mass instead of weight (yet again idiot me!)

Althouh I was missing the appearance of quarks/ fusion/ life cycle of stars/ X rays/ MRI scans as I love all of those questions!
Exactly! I was eagerly awaiting some questions on X-ray:mad:
PhilliChilli
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
But still, time for G484 on monday :awesome:
purist66
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I think they left those topics out because they were covered in the Jan paper
pianofluteftw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Martik)
what were the two mistakes?
There was only one as far as I'm aware. In question 3 c (the one about the flow of electrons between two parallel plates) it gave the measurement in 'cm' in the written bit, but 'm' on the diagram. You could only use 'm' to prove it, however some candidates attempted to prove it using 'cm' and thus the question may be removed from the paper before marking (although as far as I'm aware OCR haven't released a statement as to what they are going to do yet - particularly as some centres were given differing amounts of extra time while some centres not at all)
suarez7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Whats all this talk about there being a mistake in one of the questions?! i did the ocr physics A fields and particles exam - the one where you define EMF at the start
jtc42
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

I did that at first with the angle and was like..... AWH FACEPALM soon as I saw that dreaded little "R" which to me actually means "Well done nobcheese, you forgot what you're doing again", got it eventually though, and remembered weight which is shocking for me as I always seem to do that.

I'm just GUTTED quarks and MRI didn't come up, I spent AGES on MRI and I just love quantum physics >.<
pianofluteftw
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by purist66)
I think they left those topics out because they were covered in the Jan paper
Ah Ok! I just miss them
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (285)
37.75%
No - but I will (53)
7.02%
No - I don't want to (55)
7.28%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (362)
47.95%

Watched Threads