Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by racheatworld)
    They said we'd only be hearing back (for offers anyway) in March, or for some outstanding applicants January. This is because they've got another batch of interviews in February to go through yet.
    I'm not sure if anyone has been rejected yet though.
    hopefully i'll get an interview for that second batch in february!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone heard back from QMUL/Barts?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ps3g4m3r)
    Offer from newcastle!
    hey, how was the newcastle interview? did they ask really tough q's on the nhs or was it relaxed??

i really want to go to newcastle too and would appreciate it if you could help me

thanks xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hearmecry)
    rejected from birmingham.
    sameage.. I thought they'd take their standard 2 weeks to reply but i got rejected just 4 days after interview!! oh well ..3 to go!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R_:))
    sameage.. I thought they'd take their standard 2 weeks to reply but i got rejected just 4 days after interview!! oh well ..3 to go!
    I got rejected too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bibbles)
    I got rejected too!
    sucks doesnt it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R_:))
    sucks doesnt it!
    YES! It really does - I hate them for it!!

Oh well, it's their loss!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ss4adib)
    Anyone heard back from QMUL/Barts?
    No one will be hearing from Barts post interview until Febuary. They wait till all the candidates have been interviewed before making decisions.

ReputationRep:
    bit of a random post but didnt know where to post it (?)
    what do u think about doing questions from other boards on the same topic just for some extra revision if uve exhausted papers/tbk questions available?

ReputationRep:
    what do u think about doing questions from other boards on the same topic just for some extra revision if uve exhausted papers/tbk questions available?
    good idea. practising questions is the best way too pass your alevels! and the questions from diff boards are pretty similar!

ReputationRep:
    I do all the past papers in order then go back through them again in order, unless your learning the mark scheme its still good practice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Patchey1000)
    I do all the past papers in order then go back through them again in order, unless your learning the mark scheme its still good practice
    well im on my second round, just want to make sure that im getting as high as marks as possible, i mean especially if im not gonna get a place this year I want to get A*s so if i need to reapply I wont need to worry about grades

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by afshan93)
    hopefully i'll get an interview for that second batch in february!
    I got a rejection from them the other day, must have been my aplication didn't meet their criteria although not sure which part as I thought I checked it pretty thoroughly

ReputationRep:
    Do Kings look at your personal statement before inviting for an interview, would anyone know?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Long Time Coming)
    Do Kings look at your personal statement before inviting for an interview, would anyone know?
    Of course, it's a vital part of the selection process, at both the application and interview stage.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splitstriker)
    Of course, it's a vital part of the selection process, at both the application and interview stage.
    Interesting...

Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by splitstriker)
    Yes they look at your personal statement, I see you've applied to Dentistry at KCL as your 5th back up choice to Medicine. Let us know if they invite you for an interview. Do you really find it interesting that they look at your PS? I thought it was common knowledge, especially for courses like Dentistry where they want to see evidence of work experience, voluntary work, EC activities, personal skills etc.

ReputationRep:
    How did you know? :zomg:

Yes, I [I]have [I]been invites for an interview which is why I find it interesting that they look at the personal statement.
    What a joke on behalf of KCL. They need to get their priorities right.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saynasayna)
    What a joke on behalf of KCL. They need to get their priorities right.
    Would it help if I jumped out and said "lol jk"?

ReputationRep:
    Would it help if I jumped out and said "lol jk"?
    You're not at fault, it's them. They've received 985 applications ... and they're selecting applicants who have applied with a Medicine personal statement, the system is a joke. I find it hard to believe that out of 985, they couldn't shortlist 300 good quality applicants with a Dentistry personal statement to interview. They should know that Dental applicants only get 4 choices.
    Like I said, it's not your fault they invited you for an interview.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 12, 2012

University open days

• Southampton Solent University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Sun, 18 Nov '18
  • University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.