The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by g.k.galloway
YOU will be one of those people :P Edinburgh is top for me at the moment...cambridge is on its own little list until i see how my AS levels go. If they go well enough Cambridge goes to no.1 lol :smile: its a bit of a pipe dream really....

My A Levels will make up for it hopefully :biggrin: :woo:

Aah, hopefully we can see one another in Cambridge :wink: it's all possible :biggrin: I actually think the whole grade shenanigan affected me... :s-smilie:
Original post by shadab786ahmed
My A Levels will make up for it hopefully :biggrin: :woo:

Aah, hopefully we can see one another in Cambridge :wink: it's all possible :biggrin: I actually think the whole grade shenanigan affected me... :s-smilie:

yeh... I thought it had affected me but not sure, its seems to be the C/D grades it has affected most...

I won't get into Cambridge....but i do have a napkin from a buffet I had on a tour with the logo on stuck above my desk...hoping it will inspire me :P:biggrin:
yeh... I thought it had affected me but not sure, its seems to be the C/D grades it has affected most...

I won't get into Cambridge....but i do have a napkin from a buffet I had on a tour with the logo on stuck above my desk...hoping it will inspire me :P:biggrin:

Lol, so I'm a C/D person! :eek: :lol:

You can and will if you want and try! :woo: my inspiration shall be... Destroying WJEC... :woo:
Yes I did...got an A* in maths which I was not expecting!!! and 100% in Art which is awesome...not taking it next year though. For the rest see my sig but i got 6A*'s and 5A's

taking Biology, chemistry, Maths and English literature next year :smile:

Woah, that's amazing :biggrin: Well deserved!!!
I got 3A*'s, 6A's and 2B's, it's not amazing but I'm really happy with it!
Reply 1364
I hope everyone's happy with their grades! :')
Lol, so I'm a C/D person! :eek: :lol:

You can and will if you want and try! :woo: my inspiration shall be... Destroying WJEC... :woo:

I didn't mean it like that!!!!! Now I feel badddddd
Original post by GuitarWorm
Woah, that's amazing :biggrin: Well deserved!!!
I got 3A*'s, 6A's and 2B's, it's not amazing but I'm really happy with it!

That IS AMAZING, well done you should be proud now go and celebrate!!!! :biggrin:
Original post by Zigggyy.
I hope everyone's happy with their grades! :')

ZIGGGYY!!!!

How are you, how did you do? :smile:

Lol, its fine :tongue: I guess I'll have to push for 10 A*s 3As, a B and a C! :eek: .. Stupid C!! :angry:
Lol, its fine :tongue: I guess I'll have to push for 10 A*s 3As, a B and a C! :eek: .. Stupid C!! :angry:

Guess arrogance will come back and bite u in ur ass.
Original post by chignesh10
Guess arrogance will come back and bite u in ur ass.

It already has? I will have to push for that? If I want it? :s-smilie:
Wooo! Year 12, guys! Everyone happy with your results? :biggrin:
It already has? I will have to push for that? If I want it? :s-smilie:
Are you implying you'll walk 10A*s or so? A couple of my friends fell into a similar trap and most of them underperformed.

Almost everyone has a subject or two they struggle at, and the trick to doing well at GCSE is recognising which subjects you need to work at and, more importantly, which do not require as much of your time.

For example, I needed to do almost nothing for Maths and Sciences. I literally just went over some past papers the day before. I needed to put a little more work in to ensure I did well humanities and English (learn a couple of things off by heart, etc.). I worked my ass off for French and Spanish, as I was predicted lower grades in those, and I just managed to scrape the A* mark in them. I spent about 10 hours a week individual work on both of them on top of any homework.
(edited 11 years ago)

That IS AMAZING, well done you should be proud now go and celebrate!!!! :biggrin:

Thanks :smile: My mum's really happy too. She made me carrot cake :tongue:
We're finally Year 12s! :biggrin: Hope you're all satisfied with your results
Reply 1374
Doing Maths, Further Maths, Physics and Spanish :smile:
Reply 1375
ZIGGGYY!!!!

How are you, how did you do? :smile:

HEY! :')

Im good thanks! Ah, so relieved and relaxed ahaha! Wbu?

I was happy!! Thank god haha. I was 1 single UMS away from an A* in graphics which pissed me off, ngl, but ah well! Im not taking it for A-level and Im pretty chuffed with the A after all the hard work and stuff :')

Were you pleased? :smile:
Original post by GuitarWorm
Thanks :smile: My mum's really happy too. She made me carrot cake :tongue:

awesome!!!! My mum bought me some butterscotch angel delight :colondollar: my fav...i got some money as well which i know i will end up spending on books and in whsmith...need some more shirts for sixth form though :smile:
Original post by House MD
We're finally Year 12s! :biggrin: Hope you're all satisfied with your results

This freaks me out...I feel too 'young' to be starting A Levels. I always saw the sixth formers as almost adult like and I don't really feel it to be starting them in 2 weeks!

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by A Light Lilt
Are you implying you'll walk 10A*s or so? A couple of my friends fell into a similar trap and most of them underperformed.

Almost everyone has a subject or two they struggle at, and the trick to doing well at GCSE is recognising which subjects you need to work at and, more importantly, which do not require as much of your time.

For example, I needed to do almost nothing for Maths and Sciences. I literally just went over some past papers the day before. I needed to put a little more work in to ensure I did well humanities and English (learn a couple of things off by heart, etc.). I worked my ass off for French and Spanish, as I was predicted lower grades in those, and I just managed to scrape the A* mark in them. I spent about 10 hours a week individual work on both of them on top of any homework.

No :tongue: I said I'll work hard for them now! My weakness is art!!!!! :angry: :tongue: welsh...
Original post by Zigggyy.
HEY! :')

Im good thanks! Ah, so relieved and relaxed ahaha! Wbu?

I was happy!! Thank god haha. I was 1 single UMS away from an A* in graphics which pissed me off, ngl, but ah well! Im not taking it for A-level and Im pretty chuffed with the A after all the hard work and stuff :')

Were you pleased? :smile:

yes i was very pleased...key moments were getting an A* in maths...howwww seriously!!!!
and 100% in art..didn't think that was actually feasible for someone who actually can't draw!!!!
but yes overall i am veey happy :smile: glad you are too

my brain doesn't know what to do! it doesn't have to worry anymore...well until nearer to sixth form anyway :biggrin: