Edinburgh Students Society Watch

yossarianlives
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
I think its to be the Ethernet NIC physical address?

Aww how fab is MyEd once your course is on it!
ManicDepressive
Report 12 years ago
hmmm.... i think they want the mac number for a physical LAN card.

http://www.students.ucs.ed.ac.uk/hel...ocumentID=2129
that's the guide for windows.

basicly

open: Start; Run; cmd
type: ipconfig /all

it will be under ethernet NIC.

i don't know how it would work with wireless as i don't think they have wireless access in the buildings. maybe you'll have to provide your own wireless access point?

but that shouldn't matter as all laptops have LAN ports and i think most modern pcs have them. if not you can buy an ethernet card for £5 and it is dead easy to install.
michaela_banana
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Has everyone been sent information about registering for resnet? Because this is the first I've heard of it and i don't want to do anything before I'm supposed to if you know what I mean.

Definitely thinking this is something to get my dad to sort out...
Mountain One
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Nope i havent been sent stuff telling me about it. Erm has anyone had fresher's packs cos im getting slightly worried that mine wont get here given that im leaving on thursday! Also have u all also had something from your college or course because ive had nothing...
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
I just looked around the accomm site for the ResNet stuff, and a student told me to register for it just now. :/
Mountain One
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
something i just got sent from the accomm office said dont register until you get there because you need a CD!!!
yossarianlives
Report 12 years ago
No, it says do not "attempt to connect" as in physically plug in the PC/laptop to the network port. You can register however to avoid the rush.

Well atleast for WPC/WPR it is.
ankita_patnaik
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by monki)
Also have u all also had something from your college or course because ive had nothing...
Nope, nothing here
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
As for the Freshers Packs, I'm really starting to panic! I leave on Wednesday and it's still not here- I e-mailed them as well and they never got back to me- that was three weeks ago.
ManicDepressive
Report 12 years ago
they said they'd start sending htem out 1st september onwards

so probably arrive..tomorrow?
Renza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by yossarianlives)
No, it says do not "attempt to connect" as in physically plug in the PC/laptop to the network port. You can register however to avoid the rush.

Well atleast for WPC/WPR it is.
I planned to register early but don't quite understand the last part of the details you have to send. Anyway, my PC has broken and refuses to start up but stay on this blue warning screen. I need to get it fixed and who knows if I need a new PC (I hope not - so expensive :eek: )
MissSmith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
wooo! got my freshers pack through! just leafing through it right now...

im soo excited now
Mountain One
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Got mine too. Its soooooooooooo exciting
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
This sounds daft, but I'm leaving tomorrow (!) and was looking through my University stuff, when I found something saying we needed to take our letter of confirmation with us to register. Can someone please confirm whether this is the one the department sent us or one from UCAS?
Win^
Report 12 years ago
wooo...yea, just got my freshers pack.

Do we need to take any documents with us to enrol?
ankita_patnaik
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by michaelnicholson88)
This sounds daft, but I'm leaving tomorrow (!) and was looking through my University stuff, when I found something saying we needed to take our letter of confirmation with us to register. Can someone please confirm whether this is the one the department sent us or one from UCAS?
Im pretty sure its the one your department or the university itself sent you, but you're prolly safer taking both.
michaelnicholson88
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Excellent- I'm not sure I've still got the UCAS one so that's a big relief. Cheers Ankita.
MissSmith
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
what is everyone thinking about the little tsr gathering?

are we all happy with the deal or no deal event? i was thinking we wont really get a good natter at the deal or no deal as we will have to be quiet audience members... i noticed a triple handed pub crawl, if anyone is interested... or we could go to a ceilidh...
maciek
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
BTW anyone in David Horn House ?? I'm in no 40, ground floor ...
Mountain One
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I think it would be awesome to all meet up! Erm i personally dont drink but im happy to be a sober member of a pub crawl! Could be useful potentially too! A ceilidh sounds like a plan too. Im definitely intending to go to one of them, i loved the last one i went to so much! My dancing leaves a lot to be desired!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (1439)
79.72%
Leave (366)
20.28%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed