Gone to bed. up at 4am. Good luck everybody! and.........see you at 4am

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iAhmedd)
    Omg I also do Maths Economics and Business :cool:
    High five:five:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BARCEMO)
    is recession worth revising?
    This is one of the last things im doing before im finished i think it might come up personally but you never know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Oliver1234)
    This is one of the last things im doing before im finished i think it might come up personally but you never know.
    I hope you're right, it would be awesome if recession came up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadster)
    You're being too harsh on yourself, as long as you've done your research and know your content, you're sorted mate
    I only had 2 days to revise for this so I think im realistic in saying I have n chance

ReputationRep:
    I only had 2 days to revise for this so I think im realistic in saying I have n chance
    let's just hope for the best

ReputationRep:
    Could someone tell me how to answer section a please
    Will it be a question on one or all of the bullet points?

ReputationRep:
    let's just hope for the best
    Yupp im hoping for CSR to come up and Leadership for section B. Section A I hope a nice culture question comes up regarding business performance although that's already come up I think :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki)
    Could someone tell me how to answer section a please
    Will it be a question on one or all of the bullet points?
    one topic in the form of two questions, but you have to only answer 1

ReputationRep:
    http://www.ti-defence.org/our-work/d...ned-businesses

This is a gold mine but it depends how controversial the examiner will find it

ReputationRep:
    one topic in the form of two questions, but you have to only answer 1
    One topic as in one bullet point?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki)
    nah as in all of the culture stuff, one question may bring around a couple points together

ReputationRep:
    Yupp im hoping for CSR to come up and Leadership for section B. Section A I hope a nice culture question comes up regarding business performance although that's already come up I think :rolleyes:
    I doubt leadership will come up personally, it has too much in common with culture.
    I'm personally hoping for one on economic conditions in the UK or perhaps globalisation
    check this out:
    "It’s no secret that we have some amazing benefits as being part of the Zappos Family. From free health insurance, to wellness fairs and workshops, our Benefits team definitely takes great care of all of us!

But did you know that we also have an added adoption benefit? Zappos.com has recently earned a spot on the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s 2011 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List, due to the great adoption reimbursement benefit we are offered.

Many adoption-related costs, such as attorney fees, application fees, travel and adoption counseling, are eligible for a $6,000 reimbursement under this amazing benefit."
    Found it on Zappos' blog. got so much love for this company

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Waki)
    The topic is culture. There will be 2 questions on culture and you choose the most favourable one to you

ReputationRep:
    really don't like how vague the mark schemes are for this paper but oh well. wish you all the best of luck and lets hope we get generous examiners!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt leadership will come up personally, it has too much in common with culture.
    I'm personally hoping for one on economic conditions in the UK or perhaps globalisation
    check this out:
    "It’s no secret that we have some amazing benefits as being part of the Zappos Family. From free health insurance, to wellness fairs and workshops, our Benefits team definitely takes great care of all of us!

But did you know that we also have an added adoption benefit? Zappos.com has recently earned a spot on the Dave Thomas Foundation for Adoption’s 2011 Best Adoption-Friendly Workplaces List, due to the great adoption reimbursement benefit we are offered.

Many adoption-related costs, such as attorney fees, application fees, travel and adoption counseling, are eligible for a $6,000 reimbursement under this amazing benefit."
    I should look over Zappos...where are you finding the information on their websites?

ReputationRep:
    I should look over Zappos...where are you finding the information on their websites?
    Their website has interesting info on the "10 core values" and has a nice video
    but right now I'm finding a lot of useful info on their blog http://blogs.zappos.com/blogs/inside-zappos?page=1

(Original post by YoloPirate)
    Just need some case studies for globalisation and i'm done.
    I've got Starbucks/Tesco, anyone willing to share some detailed notes?
    Did the exam last year and obviously had different theme but we still touched on corporate culture as it was one aspect of the overall study, remembered a few examples for all of you:
    - HP acquire Autonomy (different leadership styles profoundly affected relations between employees who were impressionable to obstinate leaders.
    - BA and Iberia merger (the lower-budget/basic standards and image of Iberia denigrated that of BA and it's employees. Also indignation over wage disparities)
    - Unilever acquiring Ben & Jerry's (B&J's eager to retain original style which conduced creativity and motivation despite Unilevers typically paternalistic style. Board impressed with success and popularity of B&J's despite small/seasonal market and this was arguably the catalyst for reform throughout the entire conglomerate as branches were led with more laissez faire style)

Not sure if these were the sort of things you were looking for, or if you already knew these ones, but I thought they could be of help.

ReputationRep:
    check this out:

Wow thanks a lot bro ive used zappos a lot for other topics. Along with Zappos, Sony, Nokia, Apple, Royal Mail and Google cover all aspects of Buss4 and of course STARBUCKS :L

ReputationRep:
    Wow thanks a lot bro ive used zappos a lot for other topics. Along with Zappos, Sony, Nokia, Apple, Royal Mail and Google cover all aspects of Buss4 and of course STARBUCKS :L
    Don't know too much about Nokia, I have researched the rest though..
    and sis* btw

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.