Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fjords)
    I'll going out for dinner with family and feeling very happy that I only have one more exam left! How about yourself?
    Im probably going to throw away all my modern studies stuff and find something to do other than studying

ReputationRep:
    My teacher predictions were: devolution for Scotland, AMS vs FPTP, Health and wealth inequalities and government responses, Immigration and for the DME minimum pricing?

ReputationRep:
    could you please tell me what percentage i need to get a B? i should probably know this! i'm just very nervous for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabbie)
    My teacher predictions were: devolution for Scotland, AMS vs FPTP, Health and wealth inequalities and government responses, Immigration and for the DME minimum pricing?

exact same as my teacher

ReputationRep:
    what percentage do i need for a B? stressing!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pabbie)

what do you mean by the health/wealth inequalities and government responses. what questions would that be?

also what did you revise for A1 thanks

ReputationRep:
    Please help .

Is the opposition towards the CPC the same as the human rights and democracy question for China?

ReputationRep:
    Dme info

The more you drink, the greater the risk of health and social problems. Research suggests that higher prices can help to reduce consumption levels and, therefore, the harm to health and social harm. The damage that alcohol can cause not only affects the individual but society as a whole.

Alcohol is now 45% more affordable than in 1980.

The impact of excessive alcohol consumption in Scotland is estimated to cost £3.56 billion each year, or £900 for every adult in Scotland. Not only does alcohol misuse burden our health service and police - it also has a considerable knock-on effect on our economic potential and on the families devastated by deaths and illness caused by alcohol.

It is also estimated that between 36,000 and 51,000 children in Scotland are living with parents who use alcohol.

49% of those convicted have consumed alcohol.

With 6 or more alcohol stores around them are twice likely to be involved in violence.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Final predictions!

USA: Political progress / political participation and representation / immigration / American Dream

Voting: PR vs FPTP / AMS vs FPTP

Health and Wealth: Not too sure, an isolated factor on health / individualism and collectivism / government policies to reduce social and economic inequalities

Global Security: International responses

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by drigerbest)
    So what are everyones predictions then for CHINA, SOUTH AFRICA, ELECTORAL SYSTEMS AND HEALTH/WEALTH?

I know people have already given predictions in the earlier pages of this thread but its better to get a more updated prediction from you guys..
    China: Social and economic impact

HW: Income on health

Electoral systems: AMS vs FPTP

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any immigration and collectivist v individualist essay's or essay plans? HELP!

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely think for USA its going to be Ethnic influence on vote hasn't cropped up since 2007 :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotty26)
    60% I think, according to this you need 54/90 for a B
    http://www.sqa.org.uk/files_ccc/Mode...r_Specimen.pdf

ReputationRep:
    What's the difference between
    PR vs FPTP than STV/AMS vs FPTP

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i think its something like 66% or something x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i hope its that. or immigration x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    For a PR V FPTP

if you were using examples of mainly AMS would that be ok or would you have to draw from all PR examples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weejackie10)
    dme info

the more you drink, the greater the risk of health and social problems. Research suggests that higher prices can help to reduce consumption levels and, therefore, the harm to health and social harm. The damage that alcohol can cause not only affects the individual but society as a whole.

Alcohol is now 45% more affordable than in 1980.

The impact of excessive alcohol consumption in scotland is estimated to cost £3.56 billion each year, or £900 for every adult in scotland. Not only does alcohol misuse burden our health service and police - it also has a considerable knock-on effect on our economic potential and on the families devastated by deaths and illness caused by alcohol.

It is also estimated that between 36,000 and 51,000 children in scotland are living with parents who use alcohol.

49% of those convicted have consumed alcohol.

With 6 or more alcohol stores around them are twice likely to be involved in violence.

posted from tsr mobile
    thanks alot :d

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scotty26)
    Tends to fluctuate somewhere around 58-60%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weejackie10)
    What's the difference between
    PR vs FPTP than STV/AMS vs FPTP

Posted from TSR Mobile
    PR you need to discuss more than 1 voting system, i.e. not exclusively FPTP and AMS, and compare the general advantages / disadvantages.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Applying to university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.