The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by alabelle
Just had the daftest day ever. Accidentally sent an email asking for a reference to myself rather than to the teacher, so she hadn't received it. Panicked and sent a new email out but she's replied within a few hours saying she's happy to do it. :smile: Hurray!

All those who are getting a teacher to do the reference on behalf of the head, what details are you going to put in the UCAS reference bit? Which email will you use? Ta. :smile:

I'm going to be using the teachers email, hope that's okay! :h:
Reply 1361
Hello! I went on the course search and one of the ones I'd hoped to apply for isn't there - does anyone know if it's likely to open up at another time or when? I don't know whether to wait and apply for that one when its opens or what :s-smilie:
Good luck everyone. Ever so slightly wetting myself right now!
Reply 1363
Just had the daftest day ever. Accidentally sent an email asking for a reference to myself rather than to the teacher, so she hadn't received it. Panicked and sent a new email out but she's replied within a few hours saying she's happy to do it. :smile: Hurray!

All those who are getting a teacher to do the reference on behalf of the head, what details are you going to put in the UCAS reference bit? Which email will you use? Ta. :smile:

I'm using the headteachers and she has said she will then forward the email onto the assistant head who is my referee - so he will basically log in as her. :smile:
Here we go guys! The day is here. The countdown till UCAS putting it up starts! I'll wait up a couple of hours still but no doubt it'll be mid morning.
Good luck everyone, I hope you all get what you want. xxx
Reply 1366
Original post by swarfliam
Here we go guys! The day is here. The countdown till UCAS putting it up starts! I'll wait up a couple of hours still but no doubt it'll be mid morning.

If even then. UCAS - God bless them - will probably manage to stuff it up somehow... I wouldn't be surprised if it isn't in a usable state until the weekend and beyond... :colondollar:

Especially as a search 5 minutes ago still showed that a lot of my prospective choices aren't on there, slightly worrying! Even if the courses do not open today - the 21st - the UCAS site has always said we'd be able to "search and apply" from the 21st... I always took that to mean they'd all be on there on the 21st, even just as a search result that can't be applied to until later on when they open. Now I am wondering if they will only show up when the applications for that particular course/uni... grrr. Not sure if I am making sense :colondollar: I just thought that the search part would be fully functional with all courses listed from the 21st, even if they weren't open yet......... Now unless all the unis are waking up early in the morning and getting them up there by mid-afternoon, I am thinking they won't show up unless they're open.

Ah well.

I am supposed to be working at 10:30am in the morning until about 10:30pm tomorrow night. So the only time I will really be able to apply is if it is live first thing in the morning, or at 10pm tomorrow night! Neither are ideal, but I am so excited..... I just wanna apply!

I feel like I have been waiting for years (to be fair, I am almost 23 - I kinda have) just to be able to apply. I really want a place, obviously - but applying is part of the fun. To get to this stage is a great achievement for me. Hopefully fingers crossed I will get a place but if not, I am going to try my best to enjoy the entire process... it has been a weird journey to get to this stage so I am just happy to get here. /xfactor sob story :colone:

Good luck everyone! I am setting my alarm for 7am regardless.... I know I have more chance of having sex with Jesus than it being live at 7am but hey ho! It's all part of the fun!

Good luck everyone! xxx

(Woops just realised I already said that. Too excited to remove it.... think these tablets are having a weird effect on me!)
Reply 1367

I e-mailed the teacher who knows me best asking what normal procedure was, and he said to use the head's contact details and that he would write the reference and send it on to her.
Reply 1368
Good Luck everyone, I'm sure these next few months will be filled with so many different emotions and results. I hope that in the end, we all get what we want and truly deserve.

Thank you all so much for the support and advice up until now, let's rock this year!
I know it's already been asked, but is anyone considering Exeter uni? It's still not on there, and it's too risky to hedge my bets and wait for it to possibly never be put up on the list! I do have Brighton as a back up, but I'd still prefer to know and to not be wondering 'what if'! Good luck everyone for the morning though! :smile:
My application sadly isn't ready, it's two weeks minimum courses are open for isn't it?
Original post by wildrover
My application sadly isn't ready, it's two weeks minimum courses are open for isn't it?

Yep :smile:
Reply 1372
Is it open yet? Doesn't seem to be for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1373
And good luck everyone !!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Fabay
Is it open yet? Doesn't seem to be for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately not yet no!
Reply 1375
This may seem like a silly question but I have not looked at Schools Direct options properly... could I apply to Nottingham three times via different lead schools on UCAS? :s That seems to be the option. Is there no way to apply for all of the schools Notts caters for? Seems incredibly limiting to just have the applicant able to apply for one school, i.e one spot on four places.
Reply 1376
Not open yet! I've been checking every half hour. Working abroad so 4 hrs ahead...impatient to get started!! :biggrin:
Original post by awe
This may seem like a silly question but I have not looked at Schools Direct options properly... could I apply to Nottingham three times via different lead schools on UCAS? :s That seems to be the option. Is there no way to apply for all of the schools Notts caters for? Seems incredibly limiting to just have the applicant able to apply for one school, i.e one spot on four places.

That would be because for Schools Direct you're applying for the school, not the uni. So although they're all under Nottingham uni the schools themselves are what you're applying for, so why would they merge it all together? Most schools are in alliances, which is a group of schools, and you pick or get placed in one of those schools.
To all those waiting... Go to sleep!
It won't open until midmorning at the earliest and is likely to crash and become unusable anyway :wink:
Where is the link to apply on the website? Or do we register through the undergraduate section?

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending