Congrats. St. Edmund Hall was nice when I stayed there
Thanks yeah it was a good college for me as well
dguy95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by theCreator)
Omg you're joking! Didn't you email them? You're eligible to ask for an email copy if you're post didn't arrive that day!

Congratulations though
Yeah I did email on Friday
Very happy
Solivagant
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by dguy95)
Thanks yeah it was a good college for me as well
The accommodation was a bit lousy though. But a nice college.
Solivagant
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Bookler_Natsu)
I'm going to wait for Oxford to update the UCAS before I firm Durham. Don't ask why I'm doing this because I don't know either

Posted from TSR Mobile
Maybe they sent you the wrong email...
Bookler_Natsu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by CJG21)
Maybe they sent you the wrong email...
I got the rejection from a letter, it's hard to mix up a offer and rejection letter I think I'm not clinging on to the last hope that they might have sent the wrong letter out as I just want to wait till, on the UCAS, that I have officially heard from all my unis before I make decisions. Even though I have already make my decisions

Posted from TSR Mobile
knope
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by georgelee95)
Hey guys. For those of you who got offers from Edinburgh, did you by any chance have an interview? I need to visit, but I don't want to visit and then have to go back up there if I get an interview, see..
Nope, no interview. Though if you haven't visited yet then you might want to wait and go to the department's post-offer visiting days in March/April.
cannonfodda
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey, I'm currently in my final year for the IB program and i've just applied to university. I'm super worried about not getting into any universities even though the application requirements were quite low. I was wondering your opinions on my chances of getting into a chemistry course in, St. Andrews, UCL, Warwick, Heriot Watt, York. They all require bellow around a 35 total IB score but i was worried because apparently UCL only accepts 100 students. My predicted grades for my classes are, HL Chemistry 6, HL Physics 6, HL French 5, SL Literature 6, SL History 6 and SL Math 5 with all 3 points for TOK for a total of 37 predicted points. Do I have any chance to get into any of these universities???
mynameisntbobk
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an email saying this:

I can confirm that we will be entering UCAS Extra this year. Please let me know if you do decide to apply to Chemistry at The University of Nottingham.

Good and bad news, because now I genuinely have to make such a big decision
gmseahorse
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by cannonfodda)
Hey, I'm currently in my final year for the IB program and i've just applied to university. I'm super worried about not getting into any universities even though the application requirements were quite low. I was wondering your opinions on my chances of getting into a chemistry course in, St. Andrews, UCL, Warwick, Heriot Watt, York. They all require bellow around a 35 total IB score but i was worried because apparently UCL only accepts 100 students. My predicted grades for my classes are, HL Chemistry 6, HL Physics 6, HL French 5, SL Literature 6, SL History 6 and SL Math 5 with all 3 points for TOK for a total of 37 predicted points. Do I have any chance to get into any of these universities???
You are applying quite late in the day, but in all honesty if you have predicted grades higher than the ones advertised you are bound to get in somewhere. The applicantffer ratios for chemistry are pretty nice you know

Posted from TSR Mobile
georgelee95
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah dude I applied on the 8th of January to Herriot-Watt and I got an offer the next day. I got an offer from Cardiff yesterday too and I got my A Levels in the summer. I got ABC so I'm sure you'll get offers soon :yep:
Setsuna
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I made a last minute application to warwick for chemistry couple of days ago, any earlier applicant here got an offer already?
username1107833
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Setsuna)
I made a last minute application to warwick for chemistry couple of days ago, any earlier applicant here got an offer already?
I think in general it seems Warwick wait a pretty long time before replying for most people (probably wait until the deadline and then review all applications).

You can check if any other applicants already have offer here:
http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...pplicants_2014
TheAlchemistt
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Got an interview for manchester today,
freshypot♥
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I applied on 9th October, and got an offer at the beginning of November. However, generally Warwick do say that they take quite a while to respond to all applicants. If you only sent off your app. a few days ago, I'm sure they'll get back to you soon enough!

Good luck!
Setsuna
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by freshypot♥)
I applied on 9th October, and got an offer at the beginning of November. However, generally Warwick do say that they take quite a while to respond to all applicants. If you only sent off your app. a few days ago, I'm sure they'll get back to you soon enough!

Good luck!
If you don't mind me asking, what's your offer? Also they don't interview for chem, right?
keelahla
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
How are the interviews at imperial for chemistry? Really nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1107833
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by keelahla)
How are the interviews at imperial for chemistry? Really nervous

Posted from TSR Mobile
I think it depends a lot on your interviewer. Some people were given a really tough time and others were pretty relaxed and easy going. When is yours?
freshypot♥
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you don't mind me asking, what's your offer? Also they don't interview for chem, right?
No worries, it's ABB. And yes, no interviews for chemistry!
Guanyu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
hi there, I'm also a IB student in the final year.
Well,have u got any interviews request ? I got a interview request from icl , but still waiting for imperial, my predicted grade is total 40 with 766 HL (7 chemistry), so I think as long as u reach the minimum grade, and u have a good personal statement, u can do it !
Guanyu
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Guanyu)
hi there, I'm also a IB student in the final year.
Well,have u got any interviews request ? I got a interview request from icl , but still waiting for imperial, my predicted grade is total 40 with 766 HL (7 chemistry), so I think as long as u reach the minimum grade, and u have a good personal statement, u can do it !
sorry, UCL
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (225)
27.78%
No (585)
72.22%

Watched Threads