Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview on December 2nd, and I still haven't heard yet I had a message on portal last Thursday to scan and send in a copy of my passport, so I don't know if it is this that's taking so long... starting to get really worried

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know when the King's admission people get their xmas break? im trying to predict when they will reply to me

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frogster)
    Good luck, hope you hear back tonight! If you're feeling confident about it then that's a good sign! King's is actually my third choice, behind Imperial and Cambridge, but it's very close! And who knows how my other interviews went/will go, so it may end up being my first (and only) choice after all :P I also applied to Southampton and I think that interview went okay.. What about you?
    Thanks! Ah nice, all the best! Oxford, Imperial, Kings and St George's.
    Flopped the BMAT, so king's is my number 1 realistic choice.

Have my St George's interview tomorrow, really wanted an offer from King's today so I could go all relaxed haha. Oh well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obaidiio)
    I'm pretty sure he is referring to the four ethical principles in medicine, being : Autonomy, Beneficence, Non-malificience and Justice.
    The link he provided is useful in regards to these principles and more!
    Thought they were commonly known as the 'four pillars of medical ethics'... This may help confused people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rosine)
    Hope you don't mind ..but I was curious as to whether you used the ISC Interview book? I haven't used one sooo ..I'm just hoping that it doesn't affect me too much you know?

I didn't use the interview book but I used this: http://www.medical-interviews.co.uk/...nterviews.aspx to get an idea of the kinds of questions they might ask, which was kind of helpful! I didn't really use any special interview materials except the stuff I found for free on the internet, and I managed to get an offer so I don't think it'll affect you much, don't worry!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Thought they were commonly known as the 'four pillars of medical ethics'... This may help confused people.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was taught that they were referred to as the four tenets of Principlism. But as long as everyone knows what principles they are referring to, it shouldn't be much of a problem though 'four pillars of medical ethics' sounds better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hugby1)
    Yes that's what I meant, sorry for any confusion I've caused!

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure he is referring to the four ethical principles in medicine, being : Autonomy, Beneficence, Non-malificience and Justice.
    The link he provided is useful in regards to these principles and more!
    Yep that's what she is referring to

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarhuni)
    Thanks! Ah nice, all the best! Oxford, Imperial, Kings and St George's.
    Flopped the BMAT, so king's is my number 1 realistic choice.

Have my St George's interview tomorrow, really wanted an offer from King's today so I could go all relaxed haha. Oh well.
    Thanks! Quite similar choices there :P Good luck with your interview tomorrow! And don't let worrying about King's interfere with you doing your best! Hope it goes well for you

ReputationRep:
    Yep that's what she is referring to
    Arghhh, sorry! Should've put (s)he down instead- I apologise for my ignorance! Thank you for the link and congratulations for the offer!

ReputationRep:
    Arghhh, sorry! Should've put (s)he down instead- I apologise for my ignorance! Thank you for the link and congratulations for the offer!
    Haha don't worry about it, I've also been caught out many times by the sexual ambiguity of TSR usernames thanks and you're welcome!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    Does anyone know when the King's admission people get their xmas break? im trying to predict when they will reply to me

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Friday 20th is the last day they work before the Christmas break, I asked about it when I had my interview.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blayenne)
    Friday 20th is the last day they work before the Christmas break, I asked about it when I had my interview.
    When was your interview?

ReputationRep:
    Got my interview on Wednesday, looks like I wont hear back from them for a good month after my interview

ReputationRep:
    Thanks! Quite similar choices there :P Good luck with your interview tomorrow! And don't let worrying about King's interfere with you doing your best! Hope it goes well for you
    Thank you very much! All the best with your application

ReputationRep:
    Do you know when they return to work?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    When was your interview?
    Dec 5th. Still haven't heard anything from them, but I'm patiently waiting : )

ReputationRep:
    I had my interview a week ago, so I'm guessing I won't hear back from them for a while now..

ReputationRep:
    Dec 5th. Still haven't heard anything from them, but I'm patiently waiting : )
    I thought I recognised your pic. We were the last two left.

I'm waiting on them too, lemme know when you hear from them. All the best!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nana96)
    Do you know when they return to work?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Jan 2nd, as far as I remember.

I thought I recognised your pic. We were the last two left.

I'm waiting on them too, lemme know when you hear from them. All the best!
    Ah, great! I think the ladies were quite tired already when I was being interviewed :P
    All the best to you, too!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.