Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I don't know whether to Firm Loughborough or Leeds....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    those who are deferring entry for NHS funded degrees:

do we have to apply for accommodation and NHS bursaries this year?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    firmed Nottingham for medicine, medical neuroscience at Sussex as my insurance choice

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Bristol for Electrical and Electronic Engineering!

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Brighton and insured hertfordshire. Both for pharmacy

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, if anyone could give me advice i'd be grateful. Basically I've received all my offers from my universities but I want to decline them all due to a change in personal circumstances, what should I do? I want to go to a university closer to home. So should I go through clearing or UCAS extra? And what is the difference between the two processes? Thank you in advance

ReputationRep:
    I can't decide what to put as my firm. I hate being so indecisive.
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    ☼ Glasgow Caledonian University - (Yr 3 Entry) - Conditional (Pass HND).
    ☼ Queen Margaret University - (Yr 3 Entry) - Conditional (Pass HND).
    ☼ The University of Stirling - (Yr 3 Entry) - Rejected.
    ☼ University of the West of Scotland (1) - (Yr 3 Entry) - Conditional (B at HND).
    ☼ University of the West of Scotland (2) - (Yr 3 Entry) - Interview attended 13/03.

Sort of concerned about the two UWS places. I received interviews for both, but I only went to one. But I got an offer for the one I didn't bother to attend the interview for. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sinfonietta)
    ☼ Glasgow Caledonian University - (Yr 3 Entry) - Conditional (Pass HND).
    ☼ Queen Margaret University - (Yr 3 Entry) - Conditional (Pass HND).
    ☼ The University of Stirling - (Yr 3 Entry) - Rejected.
    ☼ University of the West of Scotland (1) - (Yr 3 Entry) - Conditional (B at HND).
    ☼ University of the West of Scotland (2) - (Yr 3 Entry) - Interview attended 13/03.

Sort of concerned about the two UWS places. I received interviews for both, but I only went to one. But I got an offer for the one I didn't bother to attend the interview for. :confused:
    Phone them up to get it sorted, sounds like an admin error

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    PS Reviewer
    (Original post by Vitamin D)
    Phone them up to get it sorted, sounds like an admin error
    Did this today. Got an offer for the course I wanted most! (:

ReputationRep:
    Don't know what I should do, I've got five offers to study History but since December I've been getting a lot worse anxiety and started putting future plans on hold. Right now I'm seriously doubting whether History will be for me but think it's too late to change to deferred entry. I'm also supposed to apply for Student finance but dont have a clue where/if ill go. Any advice would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I've just accepted my offer from RGU for MSc Social Work

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    Hi guys, if anyone could give me advice i'd be grateful. Basically I've received all my offers from my universities but I want to decline them all due to a change in personal circumstances, what should I do? I want to go to a university closer to home. So should I go through clearing or UCAS extra? And what is the difference between the two processes? Thank you in advance
    Hey, I'm not sure on the whole procedure you'd have to go with but have you thought about withdrawing your application and apply this year when ucas starts again?

It's worth looking into Extra if you decline all your offers but wish to still go to uni this year (or at your chosen point of entry). I'm not entirely sure what happens there, but it's near enough applying for a course at additional universities if you get no offers or decline courses you were accepted for?

All the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Here's a good link about ucas clearing

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...-introduction/

Hope it's useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sach-okay)
    Hey, I'm not sure on the whole procedure you'd have to go with but have you thought about withdrawing your application and apply this year when ucas starts again?

It's worth looking into Extra if you decline all your offers but wish to still go to uni this year (or at your chosen point of entry). I'm not entirely sure what happens there, but it's near enough applying for a course at additional universities if you get no offers or decline courses you were accepted for?

All the best

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by sach-okay)
    Here's a good link about ucas clearing

http://www.thecompleteuniversityguid...-introduction/

Hope it's useful!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thanks for your help xx
    I called the universities nearer to me and 2/3 were willing to consider my application. So I've accepted one of them which I'm super happy about! I didn't apply there originally because the entry requirements were slightly higher than my predicted grades so that's awesome. thanks again for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Monk)
    Don't know what I should do, I've got five offers to study History but since December I've been getting a lot worse anxiety and started putting future plans on hold. Right now I'm seriously doubting whether History will be for me but think it's too late to change to deferred entry. I'm also supposed to apply for Student finance but dont have a clue where/if ill go. Any advice would be appreciated
    According to student finance England when I called them earlier last week the lady said that it doesn't matter if you are unsure of your definate university choice. You can always change where you are going by filling out a form and sending it to them, the best thing I can advice you to do is to call student finance, its very easy to get through to them and the number is free: https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england.

I'm not too sure about how to change to a deferred entry though, why do you want to do so?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lyrical Prodigy)
    According to student finance England when I called them earlier last week the lady said that it doesn't matter if you are unsure of your definate university choice. You can always change where you are going by filling out a form and sending it to them, the best thing I can advice you to do is to call student finance, its very easy to get through to them and the number is free: https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england.

I'm not too sure about how to change to a deferred entry though, why do you want to do so?
    I'm not sure whether a year out would do me good to assess options but I've got nothing planned so most likely I'd end up wasting the year. Just really having doubts on what he the course or even if university in itself is for me.

ReputationRep:
    UCL: Economics and Statistics

But I m struggling on my insurance choice.Which one should I put as my insurance?Warwick University: Economics or Durham University:Finance.The requirement of Durham is lower.

By the way,is there any one who is going to attend the open day of ucl on 16th April? London is such a big city so I m afraid of getting lost.I hope I can go with some one else.
    • Study Helper

ReputationRep:
    Study Helper
    Firmed Kent for Journalism

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Firmed Brighton for pharmacy and insured Hertfordshire

Posted from TSR Mobile

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.