The Student Room Group

TSR Tennis Society IV

Scroll to see replies

I completely agree with those saying we shouldn't be as concerned with who wins and loses. Of course I have my favourite players but I don't get al bent out of shape like some people do when they lose.

I don't know if the fans have changed that much or that the internet is more prominent now so we can easily access the views of so many people but since Federer and Nadal started their rivalry things have become ridiculously partisan. Federer and Nadal have obviously brought a lot of fans into the game but sadly some of those fans are idiots. I try not to show any preference to one or the other, even though I do prefer one of them, because you are likely to get bombarded with stupid comments.
Reply 1361
Don't think I've ever seen Dimitrov being particularly arrogant. Fognini is in insufferably arrogant, and completely unentertaining - a spoilt princess. Gulbis, at least has talent and is funny with his arrogance.
Reply 1362
Wow. Tomic leading Berdych here in the first set! When did Tomic suddenly regain his game?
Original post by TheMagicRat
I completely agree with those saying we shouldn't be as concerned with who wins and loses. Of course I have my favourite players but I don't get al bent out of shape like some people do when they lose.

I don't know if the fans have changed that much or that the internet is more prominent now so we can easily access the views of so many people but since Federer and Nadal started their rivalry things have become ridiculously partisan. Federer and Nadal have obviously brought a lot of fans into the game but sadly some of those fans are idiots. I try not to show any preference to one or the other, even though I do prefer one of them, because you are likely to get bombarded with stupid comments.

I've been able to infer from your previous posts that you prefer Nadal. Amirite?:holmes:
Superb win for Andrey Kuznetsov. Beating Ferrer ranked at 118th in the world.
I'm glad that Ferrer lost today because it increases the likelihood of a Murray-Dimitrov quarterfinal, which could end up being a fantastic match if it happens
We have our first upset with Ferru going out early.
Brilliant resilience from Stepanek.
Djokovic should have really won that set at 5-2 up in the tiebreak but a set is the least Stepanek deserves for his good play
Original post by yennibubs
Great. Thanks! 8am is still really early for me :tongue: but it'll be worth it! I'm planning to go during the first few days in July.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's too late by then. After first week most matches goes to show courts. So if you want to catch any good matches you have to go in the 1st week.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unlucky Stepanek. Played brilliant today.
Omg! Djokovic just pulled a Houdini! I feel for Stepanek he just kept on fighting!
As Djokovic gets older, he will start to lose these tight matches.
Reply 1373
Original post by ThatMadClown
Lol what's with all the hate against nadal?

Posted from TSR Mobile

"The slam Blocker":wink:
Original post by zaback21
It's too late by then. After first week most matches goes to show courts. So if you want to catch any good matches you have to go in the 1st week.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Unfortunately I can't due to work commitments. I'm only free from 1st July. I'll still go anyway and I'll head there next year in the first week!
Original post by Roger1
As Djokovic gets older, he will start to lose these tight matches.

As everyone gets older they'll start to lose more matches, Djokovic isn't alone in that. Age is definitely lessening the grip the big 4 have had on the game, slowly but surely
Reply 1376
Amazing match point save from Tsonga! Come on!
Original post by ubi1
"The slam Blocker":wink:

Most people hate nadal for other reasons.
Reply 1378
Original post by Roger1
Most people hate nadal for other reasons.

Most Obvious is for beating Federer and Novak so much.
Original post by ubi1
Most Obvious is for beating Federer and Novak so much.

No, you got that wrong my friend. I shall tell you the main reasons why some people hate Nadal.

1) Consistent injury excuses
2) Whining and moaning about surfaces even though most of the tournaments have slowed down their courts which is why he has won as much as he has.
3) Time wasting tactics such as picking his butt and then smelling his hands... Disgusting.
4) Over the top celebrations
5) Bumping into his opponents
6) Very unnatural and kinda ugly style of play
7) Uncle Toni

Quick Reply

Latest