Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImagineCats)
    Hate it when schools force students to learn languages. Yeah they're beneficial and amazing qualifications to have, but if you hate it you can't learn!
    Exactly but its not like its the end of the world ^_^ I think I can be a B or an A at least

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by turn-to-page394)
    You took both? Clever kid - my brain would hurt so bad and i'd probably muddle the language up. Still, glad I took French - in our Yr 10 exams, literally EVERYONE who took German said the exam was ridiculously hard and some had nervous breakdowns. No joke.

And then there was us frenchies... The test took us all like 30 minutes at most - it was so easy that it was just a waste of time to sit there... I might've almost fallen asleep :cool: Teehee.

French does sound nicer, doesn't it? It's just so 'francaisey' - only way I can think of to describe it haha.
    God no I'm not smart! Benchmarks all B's/C's and I'm in middle sets, a B grade student! I just click with languages, but I'm not 'smart' with them at all, I just like learning them even when they kill me with their difficulty at times I completely understand you! I revise by talking to myself randomly in either language and I sound so 'cool' speaking French :P Being able to actually speak a language and be understood has got to be one of the best feelings ever. My language end of year exams are usually past papers so both are of similar difficulty Favorite word is probably 'Bebe' (with accents on both e's) and 'Petit-mort' XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its_Tito)
    I loved an inspector calls haha :')
    Hope its good I've never read it xd only read OMAM

ReputationRep:
    God no I'm not smart! Benchmarks all B's/C's and I'm in middle sets, a B grade student! I just click with languages, but I'm not 'smart' with them at all, I just like learning them even when they kill me with their difficulty at times I completely understand you! I revise by talking to myself randomly in either language and I sound so 'cool' speaking French :P Being able to actually speak a language and be understood has got to be one of the best feelings ever. My language end of year exams are usually past papers so both are of similar difficulty Favorite word is probably 'Bebe' (with accents on both e's) and 'Petit-mort' XD
    Well, personally I think it's better to actually enjoy something than just be 'smart' - otherwise you'd be bored out of your mind in lessons
    Favourite french words: 'Je ne sais pas????', 'NOOOOOON', et 'Tu parle fronglais?' Haha... Oh, and 'orange' It just sounds so much better in french...
    Actually, just say everything in a 'francais accent' and it sounds so amazingly 'chic'

ReputationRep:
    Well, personally I think it's better to actually enjoy something than just be 'smart' - otherwise you'd be bored out of your mind in lessons
    Favourite french words: 'Je ne sais pas????', 'NOOOOOON', et 'Tu parle fronglais?' Haha... Oh, and 'orange' It just sounds so much better in french...
    Actually, just say everything in a 'francais accent' and it sounds so amazingly 'chic'
    I laughed at the 'orange'! I've made a pact to myself to write 'Je mange une orange' in all of my speakings because it sounds so funny, I get a nice big tick every time

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vd12345)
    Hope its good I've never read it xd only read OMAM
    It's interesting :') it's pretty fast to read as well, being short...we read it in groups during lessons

ReputationRep:
    My friend in another English class is outraged about the amount of homework they get, which is hyperbolised I bet, so my friend who is also in his English class made a parody of the Hitler Downfall thing with him complaining about homework :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I laughed at the 'orange'! I've made a pact to myself to write 'Je mange une orange' in all of my speakings because it sounds so funny, I get a nice big tick every time
    Haha. You have a nice teacher
    'Orange' reminds me of my Yr 10 Speaking Mock thing where I blanked and said I ate 'orange avec du lait' for breakfast... So awkward - can't believe I forgot croissants.... Of all the things to say... Still, I didn't fail YAS

ReputationRep:
    HEY THERE BEAUTIFUL PEOPLE!

Is Year 11 going alright?
    How many of us have started doing a little revision? I really want to but.... uhh...

ReputationRep:
    Haha. You have a nice teacher
    'Orange' reminds me of my Yr 10 Speaking Mock thing where I blanked and said I ate 'orange avec du lait' for breakfast... So awkward - can't believe I forgot croissants.... Of all the things to say... Still, I didn't fail YAS
    Ahahah! I still can't count to 30 in French.. awks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)

How many of us have started doing a little revision? I really want to but.... uhh...
    its going alrightish for me. so much stress! :macarena:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)

Heeeey! I've started with a tiny bit of maths, 80 topics to cover until the exam in 280 days! Should start on RE too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Its_Tito)
    It's interesting :') it's pretty fast to read as well, being short...we read it in groups during lessons
    Hope so xD my teacher said we gotta read inspector calls by ourselves ;( nearly finished with my ISA prep only have to think of and alternative method then it'll be pretty straight foward memorising.. What grades are you aiming for across all your subjects btw ? ;o

ReputationRep:
    Heeeey! I've started with a tiny bit of maths, 80 topics to cover until the exam in 280 days! Should start on RE too
    Nice! :cool: I need an A* for my desired sixth-form, so I should probably start maths too Do you like maths?

(Original post by guitaristemily)
    its going alrightish for me. so much stress! :macarena:
    I'm experiencing a bit of stress too. I just realised that in November I'm going to need to learn 2 speeches in 2 different languages

ReputationRep:
    Ahahah! I still can't count to 30 in French.. awks
    Oh dear... neither can I :confused:. This is worrying... Meh. I'll live. :P
    Learning about 'les problemes a l'hotel' (with all the accents I can't bring myself to put on...)at the moment. Not the most interesting topic... But probably more useful if you actually go to France than say... the difference between qui/que or something pretty random like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    I'm experiencing a bit of stress too. I just realised that in November I'm going to need to learn 2 speeches in 2 different languages
    i surpose im lucky i didnt do a language then XD

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    Nice! :cool: I need an A* for my desired sixth-form, so I should probably start maths too Do you like maths?

NO! NO NO NO NO NO! NO NO NO!
    In year 9 I was in the foundation set, so I worked hard and now I've moved up 2 sets and still hating it Can't wait to drop it, but after all this hard work getting me to sit the higher paper I thought it would be such a waste if I got lower than a B.
    Yikes, A*'s for sixth form? We need 5 A*'s-C's, so I think I'll live. What are you thinking of taking?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear... neither can I :confused:. This is worrying... Meh. I'll live. :P
    Learning about 'les problemes a l'hotel' (with all the accents I can't bring myself to put on...)at the moment. Not the most interesting topic... But probably more useful if you actually go to France than say... the difference between qui/que or something pretty random like that
    We're doing the imperfect atm, and in German I'm doing 'das Dativ' which is just memorizing the genders BUT I CAN'T DO THAT. I've done 3 writings and 1 speaking in French, All B's/A's. Wbu?

ReputationRep:
    NO! NO NO NO NO NO! NO NO NO!
    In year 9 I was in the foundation set, so I worked hard and now I've moved up 2 sets and still hating it Can't wait to drop it, but after all this hard work getting me to sit the higher paper I thought it would be such a waste if I got lower than a B.
    Yikes, A*'s for sixth form? We need 5 A*'s-C's, so I think I'll live. What are you thinking of taking?
    Well congrats on moving up! It's a shame that you don't like it - Just focus on the interesting bits to motivate you through the rest
    Yeah, I really wanna get into a grammar sixth form I want to do Physics, Maths, Further Maths & Computing. Your nightmare essentially! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strom)
    Well congrats on moving up! It's a shame that you don't like it - Just focus on the interesting bits to motivate you through the rest
    Yeah, I really wanna get into a grammar sixth form I want to do Physics, Maths, Further Maths & Computing. Your nightmare essentially! :rofl:
    Oooh fancy! And why thank you Errrgggghhh I envy you so much on being able to take those. I'm more scared about failing than the difficulty if that makes sense? I'm taking chemistry, biology, English lit+lang, German. Dreading chemistry because I'm not too good atm, but need it for biomed so I'll work hard What about plans after sixth form?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.