Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Anyone applied for Chinese/Japanese that has heard back from Durham yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by username2K)
    Hi! Chinese applicant here. Nothing yet, sadly.
    When I emailed them in December, they told me the best they could say was we
    SHOULD know before 31st March, and it was entirely down to the department.
    When I called last week to find out if they could possibly enlighten me as to an expected time-frame now deadline was passed, I was told exactly the same thing.

x

ReputationRep:
    Anybody got a history offer yet?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jamesmeg3)
    Anybody got a history offer yet?
    Yeah, it came early December

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ktz)
    Has anyone received an offer from St Mary's for history?
    I've applied there for history, nothing yet, solidarity haha

ReputationRep:
    Japanese applicant here, no news back, the waiting is killing me...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by francais123)
    Yeah, it came early December
    Do you mind me asking what your grades are

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cd1995)
    Hiya 😁anyone received any offers from Archaeology or Ancient Civilisations and archaeology? I'm constantly checking my ucas hoping for a reply because they're the last ones I am waiting for
    Still waiting for Classical Civilisation.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tilly5798)
    Anyone here applied for Music? Still waiting for a reply from Durham and Edinburgh
    I have applied for Music for Durham too and haven't heard anything yet

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know, if I do get an offer, whether I'd be able to defer it? I applied early october and since then, opportunities came up which I'd want to take up. The thought of reapplying next year is pretty daunting indeed!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mazzaion)
    Does anyone know, if I do get an offer, whether I'd be able to defer it? I applied early october and since then, opportunities came up which I'd want to take up. The thought of reapplying next year is pretty daunting indeed!
    It may depend on how relevant it is to your course and how flexible your department is. For example, I applied for Spanish and Arabic and got an offer. I was then offer then chance to work at an international law firm for a gap year so emailed to ask if I could defer but they said no... :/ going straight to uni as too scared to gamble with my place lol

ReputationRep:
    Chinese applicant here - still waiting! Last one aha!

Best friend's got one for geography though, hopefully our wait won't be much longer

ReputationRep:
    I also applied for music at Durham and Edinburgh, I haven't heard from Durham though I got an offer from Edinburgh about a week ago.

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected by Durham last night, for English, pretty gutted. I knew they would but I still really hoped they'd accept me somehow...made me realise I only wanted to go to Durham! Haha, not sure what to do now tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amybonnie98)
    Got rejected by Durham last night, for English, pretty gutted. I knew they would but I still really hoped they'd accept me somehow...made me realise I only wanted to go to Durham! Haha, not sure what to do now tbh.
    I'm really sorry to hear that! I'm worried the same is gonna happen to me, it's just such a painful waiting game. What were your a levels if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    So sorry to hear that, I'm also waiting to hear for the joint with Phil. and it's hard to stay optimistic but I wish you all the best you'll be happy wherever you go

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JamesyP123)
    Anyone heard anything for Combined Honours in Social Sciences??
    Hi, I have also applied to Durham for Combined Hons in Social Sciences, haven't heard anything back yet though. Have you had any more news? And what subjects did you apply for?

That sucks it'll be me soon too... What are your grades if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleanor27)
    It may depend on how relevant it is to your course and how flexible your department is. For example, I applied for Spanish and Arabic and got an offer. I was then offer then chance to work at an international law firm for a gap year so emailed to ask if I could defer but they said no... :/ going straight to uni as too scared to gamble with my place lol
    Just out of interest, where did you find the placement at the law firm? Is it in the UK?

ReputationRep:
    Really sorry to hear that if you don't mind me asking, how long ago did you apply?

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.