Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thebest786)
    It's not in the spec, but good for beyond A-level knowledge. I've seen questions about the role of adrenaline and in the MS it simply states adrenaline binding to a receptor on the membrane activates an enzyme, this enzyme converts ATP to cAMP which stimulates glycogen-glucose.
    Did you get to 30 and just decide to go back and do a levels or some ****?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onomatopriya)
    Have the papers really been stolen?
    http://www.theguardian.com/education...-papers-stolen

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ibrahimbasar)
    Where did you hear this? And what was the other question?
    man dem told me init. That was a joke by the way just a little joke we like to have fun here on thestudentroom especially before BIOL5 #bantz

ReputationRep:
    I'm terrified I will sit there not knowing what to write for the 25 mark essays.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Onomatopriya)
    Have the papers really been stolen?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by C.R.E.A.M)
    any off the spec knowledge for a proteins essay?
    What the actual hell? You was the person who originally said that there was a protein essay on the stolen paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bustamove)
    umm at the top of my head...

how bacteria causes disease:e.g. cholera, tuberculosis
    antibiotic resistant bacteria... maybe link it to transmission? from horizontal and vertical? harder to kill so causes more disease in humans and other organisms

Nitrogen cycle and it's effect on farming and plants ( also maybe saprophytes? I think they're bacteria as well)

Carbon cycle (saprophytes recycling carbon for plants)

In - vivo gene cloning.. use of bacteria there...

Thank you this is great

ReputationRep:
    Do you get marks for relevant concepts that are not on the mark scheme for the 25 mark essay?

ReputationRep:
    can someone please explain the importance of the refractory period when action potentials are generated

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Malicious)
    I'm terrified I will sit there not knowing what to write for the 25 mark essays.
    Same, worst case scenario, just write about anything across all 4 units, technically you may only lose a few marks for breadth, and you would lose all 3 for relevancy, but I am sure you would get higher than 0 which you would get otherwise!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRaspberry)
    Same, worst case scenario, just write about anything across all 4 units, technically you may only lose a few marks for breadth, and you would lose all 3 for relevancy, but I am sure you would get higher than 0 which you would get otherwise!
    Lols thx !

ReputationRep:
    the obvious would be in disease - so talk about vibrio cholerae, tuberculosis and then also conjuation tubes and vertical/horizontal gene transmission for antibiotic resistance in bacteria.

for ecology: used in fixing nitrogen and in converting nitrogen to nitrite to nitrates and in eutrophication, the respiration of bacteria that are decomposers uses up o2 causing the death of fish and aquatic animals. also used in the carbon cycle.

we use bacteria plasmids as vectors for gene technology. bacterial enzymes such as restriction endonuclease
    and we also use bacteria to produce chemicals that may be useful for humans

hope it helps
    This is so detailed thanks a lot for your help!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheRaspberry)
    What the actual hell? You was the person who originally said that there was a protein essay on the stolen paper?
    looks like hes been busted

ReputationRep:
    Is it an am or pm exam?

ReputationRep:
    Can somebody explain restriction mapping please?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KateGeoghegan)
    No you are right. When the actin-myosin cross bridge forms the attached ADP molecule is released. An ATP molecule then attaches to the myosin head. It is this that that is hydrolysed by Myosin ATPase. This provides the energy for the 're-****' apparently so not the power stroke.
    (that diagram is ridiculously unclear)
    Okay great thank you

ReputationRep:
    any off the spec knowledge for a proteins essay?
    You can talk about application of amino acids to determine hormones and mass produce them such as human growth hormone(HGH) which some body builders use.

Talk about haemoglobin and how it forms carbaminohaemoglobin when combines with CO2 when being transported

Talk about the polypeptide chains on antibodies and the paratopes that combines with the epitopes on an antigen

etc and theres more

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabinak)
    Is it an am or pm exam?
    9am tomorrow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabinak)
    Is it an am or pm exam?
    AM

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone else so stressed that as a response to said stress their adrenal glands are secreting adrenaline which is binding to receptors on their liver cells which is activating adenylate cyclase which is converting ATP to cyclic AMP...

Because I am. ):

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.