Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AvKar)
    It asked what happens after the maximum velocity going upwards (not worded exactly like that) which is basically the parachutist falling (just without a parachute) so it will reach a terminal velocity
    I'm fairly sure it mentioned until it falls, so it must have fell to 0. Oh well, its only a mark.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    I don't think so, I got 1/2 (m) -if this is the question you are referring to.
    i got 1/2 as well. it makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saahil0987)
    Can we stop feeding this deluded troll please guys, if he really wanted he could google the unit of charge and find that he got it wrong and need I remind you an A* in the mock isn't an A* in the exams, in addition you aren't the only one I've got A*s in the mocks for all 3 units so please stop
    Okay my bad i have googled it and i got it wrong. Thats one thing i got wrong so dont call me a 'deluded troll'. And no its not an A* in the actual thing however i did loads of revision and i am confident of my answers so i am almost guaranteed an A*.

ReputationRep:
    Can you get up to 120 UMS??

ReputationRep:
    guys help if i get an A* in p3 and an A in p2 can i still get an a* overall? i got an A* in my ISA too I need this A*

ReputationRep:
    How did I get 0.3J for the kinetic energy thing :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueturquoise)
    Can you get up to 120 UMS??

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions for grade boundaries of P2 and P3 for an A*?
    I think 50 on P2 and 45 on P3

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joannaawhitee)
    I put decrease but idk XD
    I said decrease

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by littleheron)
    I'm fairly sure it mentioned until it falls, so it must have fell to 0. Oh well, its only a mark.
    Tbh that's why I was confused between A and B but I would have thought it needed to reach a terminal velocity at its fastest which is the only reason I put B

ReputationRep:
    It was talking about the rocket coming down and therefore you can immediately disregards A and D because they show the velocity to start high which is incorrect as at this point GPE is maximum and KE minimum (i.e. 0). You are told the rocket falls and you know the height is 7.2 metres. C shows a graph where the velocity increases as time continues which makes sense because although air resistance will act the velocity will still be increasing despite the acceleration decreasing. It may be B but it certainly isn't A or D...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by neil20143)
    I got 0.4 cause I presumed you needed to take away the initial focal length from the current length of 0.5 to get the maximum change it was asking for. But I think I just over-did the question
    I got 0.4 also

ReputationRep:
    No '1/2' is correct -I checked it thoroughly and there is no subtraction involved in the question so I'm not sure where these people are coming from.
    Oh thank goodness! I was so confused about what they were saying too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewis99taylor)
    Okay my bad i have googled it and i got it wrong. Thats one thing i got wrong so dont call me a 'deluded troll'. And no its not an A* in the actual thing however i did loads of revision and i am confident of my answers so i am almost guaranteed an A*.
    get off here you stupid troll this is for serious answers and serious talk. I struggle with science and have done for many years and you are taking the mickey?! (sorry for my language i am angry) i just want to see what other people got in this exam and you are ruining the pirvaledge for everyone

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridaboo99)
    guys help if i get an A* in p3 and an A in p2 can i still get an a* overall? i got an A* in my ISA too I need this A*
    It depends, if you got a high A you should be fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PawanAviator)
    trust me ,its right. its increases in distance quickly after a few seconds. Its should be right. Either way it can be found by using the gradient , but i looked on the graph for the time and saw when it met the distance. Since i know : speed = distance / time

For example :

if the distance was 60m and the time was 6 seconds , then the speed will be 10m/s
    its the same as finding the gradient because : ( 70 - 30 ) / ( 7 - 30 ) = 10 m/s

no difference at all , because of the proportionality. It needs to be linear though. (constant)

i think people are getting 22.5 because they didnt realise the graph was non-linear (not constant.)

I got an A* in maths , so It should be right.
    I found the distance for 6 seconds and the distance for 8 seconds, then because 8-6 is 2 i simple divided the distance once i took one away from the other. so 45/2 is 22.5. Just because you got an A* Doesn't mean you are correct.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ridaboo99)
    Yeah that's definitely possible!! Just work hard and you will ace it 💪

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lewis99taylor)
    Ok since you googled it I take back my comment about the deluded troll and you may actually have got an A* but the velocity on the graph was 22.5m/s

ReputationRep:
    No '1/2' is correct -I checked it thoroughly and there is no subtraction involved in the question so I'm not sure where these people are coming from.
    It asked about the change though didn't it? So that would imply subtraction is involved?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M.P.C)
    I found the distance for 6 seconds and the distance for 8 seconds, then because 8-6 is 2 i simple divided the distance once i took one away from the other. so 45/2 is 22.5. Just because you got an A* Doesn't mean you are correct.
    oh well...
    i done it for 10 seconds instead.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should universities take a stronger line on drugs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.