The Student Room Group

A2 AQA Geography GEOG 3 2016

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1360
Original post by 142701
WORLD CITIES ESSAY PEOPLE
do u think there is any chance that regeneration will come up? I haven't looked at it that much but I'm thinking it wont come up? what does everyone think I'm freaking out

No came up last year
So I am learning about 10 world cities case studies? is this too much? Seeing as I am not doing the 40 mark essay on world cities? I've been trying to learn a case study for each section so...Property led regeneration, city challenge schemes, urbanisation etc. etc.?
Original post by SJJ97
No came up last year

have u revised it a lot?
Original post by isobella98
this is completely irrelevant but hey I see u like the 1975 what great music taste u have

ayyeeee, I see Matty as ur icon too :tongue:
Reply 1364
Urbanisation processes is freaking me out.... Can someone please do me a detailed plan or have a sample essay I can see😰😰😰
Reply 1365
Original post by 142701
have u revised it a lot?

No nothing
Guys say a question came up as a 8 or 10 mark last year, would it come up as an essay?? And the converse also
Original post by AllenJoseph
So I am learning about 10 world cities case studies? is this too much? Seeing as I am not doing the 40 mark essay on world cities? I've been trying to learn a case study for each section so...Property led regeneration, city challenge schemes, urbanisation etc. etc.?

Nope I've got case studies for each section as well, think it adds up to like 10 or more as well
Reply 1368
Original post by rhiannon_
Begin by saying where all the 4 processes are happening.
Then move onto economic and social causes of each process.
Then I have a socio-environmental impact of traffic for all 4
Then social impacts for urbanisation and re-urbanisation.
Then economic impacts for counter and sub.
Then positive economic impacts for all 4.
Followed by a conclusion :smile:

Can you give an example question please??
Original post by Sacred Ground
Anyone else doing the 40 marker first?

My plan:
5 minute plan 60 minute writing - 40 marker
7 marker - 10 mins
8 marker - 12 mins
10 marker - 15 mins

I do the 40 marker last because then I'm more in that analytical geographer mind state
Original post by Olijm
why not sustainability for world cities??

As suitability came up as a 40marker in June 2010, Jan 2012 and June 2013, in comparison to retail which has only come up once in June 2012 so I don't think it is due
Original post by SJJ97
Can you give an example question please??

Something like 'Discuss the causes and effects of contemporary URBANISATION processes'

Note- if it says Urbanisation processes it means all 4 processes, however if it says Urban processes that includes just urbanisation and re-urbanisation :smile:
are we allowed a calculator for the exam, as a mann whitney U question on the short answer of plate tectonics did come up before
Reply 1373
Something like 'Discuss the causes and effects of contemporary URBANISATION processes'

Note- if it says Urbanisation processes it means all 4 processes, however if it says Urban processes that includes just urbanisation and re-urbanisation :smile:

Is this likely?
Reply 1374
Can I use Manchester as a re-urbanisation processes
Original post by BigStormzy
are we allowed a calculator for the exam, as a mann whitney U question on the short answer of plate tectonics did come up before

Yeah sure, even if you want to manipulate data it's useful
Original post by SJJ97
Is this likely?

It's never come up before so yes I think it is. However I think retail is more likely
Reply 1377
It's never come up before so yes I think it is. However I think retail is more likely

Can I use Manchester as a reurbanisation case study!?
Reply 1378
Original post by Pterofyre
That theory question was:

"Evaluate how plate tectonics theory helps our understanding of the distribution of seismicand volcanic events."

So idk.. I'm hoping it is.. the involvement of a case study would be interesting, though. Explaining the theory and linking it to a case study.. if that's even possible?

I think that it is definitely possible, especially if it concerns mitigation too. For instance, in explaining plate tectonics theory in regards to continental-oceanic destructive plate margins, you could talk about the partial melting process in subduction and how this leads to the formation of stratovolcanoes, and then link that to how countries with these volcanoes mitigate the effects, like Montserrat and the exclusion zone. That's how I would approach a question like that anyway, and do the same for each boundary and its products and their hazards.
Original post by SJJ97
Can I use Manchester as a reurbanisation case study!?

Erm, can't really say yes or no for that one. I got taught the London docklands and Brick Lane so don't know about Manchester.
I got taught Manchester for redevelopment in retail and regeneration :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending