Turn on thread page Beta

Keele A100 Applicants 2016 Entry watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Paulie'sGirl)
    I got an offer at 14.40 this afternoon. I'm a mature student doing Access. I had my interview on the 17th. It's a conditional offer, but it says the conditions will be on the UCAS offer, and Track hasn't updated yet.

Well done everyone, and keep the faith if you're still waiting

PGxx
    Congrats!! Did you have your interview morning or afternoon on the 17th?

ReputationRep:
    Any International Applicant Got An Offer!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stephannalee)
    Congrats!! Did you have your interview morning or afternoon on the 17th?
    I was in the last of the afternoon sessions, finished at 5pm, it was a long day! I hope you get some good news soon Try to relax over the weekend, you're not going to hear anything now until Tuesday at the earliest, which is harsh, but try to put it out of your mind

ReputationRep:
    I was in the last of the afternoon sessions, finished at 5pm, it was a long day! I hope you get some good news soon Try to relax over the weekend, you're not going to hear anything now until Tuesday at the earliest, which is harsh, but try to put it out of your mind
    wow glad mine was in the morning, was also on the 17th of March may have even crossed paths in the maths test, I was the one with the crutches Actually already a bit less stressed now I know I can't hear for a few days, can at least stop refreshing my emails every few minutes. You must feel so good knowing you have the offer, are you firming keele?

ReputationRep:
    Wow! Congratsss on your offer You must be thrilled!! Did the email subject say offer on it? As in, did you know it was an offer before you opened the email? I worry about the smallest things! So nervous now.

ReputationRep:
    wow glad mine was in the morning, was also on the 17th of March may have even crossed paths in the maths test, I was the one with the crutches Actually already a bit less stressed now I know I can't hear for a few days, can at least stop refreshing my emails every few minutes. You must feel so good knowing you have the offer, are you firming keele?
    Oh yes! I saw you. I was in the black dress with the square white collar and knee boots. We were sat diagonally opposite in the waiting area before the maths test.

I will be chosing Keele, as it's my only offer (I wasted a choice, was rejected from Bristol, and missed the UKCAT cut for Newcastle)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sara0928)
    Wow! Congratsss on your offer You must be thrilled!! Did the email subject say offer on it? As in, did you know it was an offer before you opened the email? I worry about the smallest things! So nervous now.
    Yes, the subject line was "Keele School of Medicine - Offer"

ReputationRep:
    Yes, the subject line was "Keele School of Medicine - Offer"
    So glad it says offer in the subject means I can destress a little when checking my emails as I know what I'm expecting

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vikingkermit)
    I was the 1st group in the morning. When in the day was yours?
    Also from your other post you won't be able to call them tomorrow as its a bank holiday!
    Same, I was in group A in the morning, had the first round of interviews
    ohhhh yeah duuuh, completely forgot thanks for the reminder Guess I'll have to wait until tuesday

ReputationRep:
    Glad to see other access applicants mine was 18th- so nervous waiting lol! They told me they want distinctions in all modules from access students! Congratulations X

ReputationRep:
    I GOT AN OFFER!!
    Interviewed on 17th March, and email came through this afternoon around 3PM.
    I am over the moon as my UKCAT was average, and I was worried after the stations (it was my first MMI)
    Well done to everyone else with offers, and good luck to those still waiting!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoMcCartney)
    I GOT AN OFFER!!
    I am over the moon as my UKCAT was average, and I was worried after the stations (it was my first MMI)
    Congratulations!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZoMcCartney)
    I GOT AN OFFER!!
    Congrats also interviewed on the 17th but still waiting

ReputationRep:
    Congrats also interviewed on the 17th but still waiting
    I'm still waiting too, I'm so scared about my chances tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacqualyn)
    I'm still waiting too, I'm so scared about my chances tbh
    Also terrified!! Wouldn't panic too much yet, Wednesday and Thursday are when I shall be majorly panicked 😫 How did your interview go?

ReputationRep:
    Also terrified!! Wouldn't panic too much yet, Wednesday and Thursday are when I shall be majorly panicked 😫 How did your interview go?
    I'm not certain, I felt really confident with the maths and with some of the stations, but then others I feel like I didn't manage to say everything I needed to or wanted to say. So I wouldn't be surprised to find out I wasn't successful but I will be devastated as years of work went into that moment and I screwed it up for myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jacqualyn)
    I'm not certain, I felt really confident with the maths and with some of the stations, but then others I feel like I didn't manage to say everything I needed to or wanted to say. So I wouldn't be surprised to find out I wasn't successful but I will be devastated as years of work went into that moment and I screwed it up for myself.
    Sounds like we feel pretty similar about the interview! I just felt there was nowhere near enough time at each station but in general thought the whole thing went well so if I get rejected will just think I'm not good enough and wasted years of my life. But it's just so difficult when the standard is so high!

ReputationRep:
    How are they going to get through everyone on Tuesday :s

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AFC_123456789)
    How are they going to get through everyone on Tuesday :s
    Thought they're getting back to people Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday

ReputationRep:
    Sounds like we feel pretty similar about the interview! I just felt there was nowhere near enough time at each station but in general thought the whole thing went well so if I get rejected will just think I'm not good enough and wasted years of my life. But it's just so difficult when the standard is so high!
    Don't think that, please. Someone I know is in their second year of applying. Didn't get any offers last year, but she went away, learned from it, and is holding FOUR offers this year. If you don't get in this year, and you're really committed to being a doctor - try again. You'll have months to gain more caring experience, perhaps as an HCA. More time to prepare for the UKCAT, more time to craft a personal statement. You'll be another year wiser, and have the experience from this round of interviews to help you next time.

Hugs,

PGxx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 15, 2017

University open days

• Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • University of Chester
    Chester campuses Undergraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Ambitious, driven, developing your career & employability? Aspiring in your field, up-skilling after a career break? Then our Postgrad Open Evening is for you. Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.