Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Law Offers for 2016? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Excited by this AAB from Cardiff gents. They say the Law and German course there is good.

ReputationRep:
    anyone waiting for kings?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dfradkin)
    anyone waiting for kings?
    waiting for king's since October :'( they are my first choice

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston97)
    waiting for king's since October :'( they are my first choice
    same, got rejected by ucl due to lnat

ReputationRep:
    same, got rejected by ucl due to lnat
    From lnat uni's, i only got rejected by oxford but they didnt tell the reason

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kingston97)
    From lnat uni's, i only got rejected by oxford but they didnt tell the reason
    what offers do u hold?

ReputationRep:
    what offers do u hold?
    When did you guys apply and with what grades?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abhishek Dhawan)
    When did you guys apply and with what grades?
    lnat oct26, ucas nov4
    kcl, nottingham
    aabc, predicted a*a*a*a

ReputationRep:
    Hey Guys,I have law offers from Warwick and QMUL currently and I'm waiting on Bristol which is another top choice of mine. I wanted your advice on which is the best option to firm and insure from these. Bristol does have the best law department from these but overall rep wise Warwick wins I think. I'm an international student and would like to work in a reputable firm in the UK particularly city ones. Which would be the best options for my career path and why?

ReputationRep:
    what offers do u hold?
    Manchester and Exeter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ArsalanBac)
    Hey Guys,I have law offers from Warwick and QMUL currently and I'm waiting on Bristol which is another top choice of mine. I wanted your advice on which is the best option to firm and insure from these. Bristol does have the best law department from these but overall rep wise Warwick wins I think. I'm an international student and would like to work in a reputable firm in the UK particularly city ones. Which would be the best options for my career path and why?
    Also have offers from Warwick and QMUL + just received Bristol a few days back. What are your other options? Out of those, i would choose warwick simply because of its international reputation and employability. I'm waiting on KCL and LSE so would choose either of those over anything.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick and bristol are very much even in terms of prospects/rep., depends whether you want campus or city

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Got my offer from Bristol! so pleased 😊

ReputationRep:
    Taking the average of the main tables Bristol is the best for law although Warick appears to have a better international reputation. Bristol also has the edge on employability.

Some people might debate that statment but for me Bristol anyway wins it for it's history (been around at leat 60 years longer than Warick and Winston Churchill was the chancellor) and the city location and life beats the rurual feeling of Warick. Im sure anyone visiting the 2 would say Bristol wins.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phiB)
    Got my offer from Bristol! so pleased 😊
    Congrats! So good.

If you don't mind me asking what was the offer and what were your predicted grades? And did you submit your AS?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    Congrats! So good.

If you don't mind me asking what was the offer and what were your predicted grades? And did you submit your AS?

Thanks
    It was for 3 A's or A*AB. I am predicted A*AA and i got AAB in AS, but I dropped the subject I got a B in and am fast tracking a subject (AS and A2 in one year)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dodo15)
    Congrats! So good.

Thanks
    Sorry, yes I did submit my AS!

ReputationRep:
    Bristol wins, in my opinion. Has a better social life when compared to Warwick, too.

I would firm Bristol and insure Warwick. QMUL is A*AA, and is below both in terms of law reputation, and is all the way in Mile End. But it's up to you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beccamcki)
    I've applied to three LNAT unis (Glasgow, Bristol and Durham) and I've got offers for Glasgow and Bristol but I haven't heard back from Durham yet.
    Do you mind me asking, was the Glasgow offer unconditional?

ReputationRep:
    I've sent my application off on the 18th of November and sat my LNAT on the 12th of November and haven't gotten any offers yet. Getting slightly worried now

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: November 12, 2016
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.