Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

AQA A2 Mathematics MPC3 Core 3 - Wednesday 15th June 2016 [Official Thread] Watch

ReputationRep:
    I got a C in core 3 and an E in core 4 and an A in mechanics. Overall a B almost A at a level. Doesn't matter though because I still got into medicine! 😁

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vilifyme)
    I got a C in core 3 and an E in core 4 and an A in mechanics. Overall a B almost A at a level. Doesn't matter though because I still got into medicine! 😁
    congrats!!

ReputationRep:
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    Haha a D in core 3 not surprised but still managed to get a B overall in Maths so luckily it does not matter.

ReputationRep:
    foook this years core 3 maths exam, all i needed was a D in it for a B, that B in maths would of got me into so many better unis that all said no because of my C in maths now i have to go to a *****y uni 3 UMS is the reason for this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liemluji)
    Hey guys out of the yr 12s who sat c3 this yr, did u guys get a*? For some reason i got 100ums but marked as an A. Hope all ur results are even better than u expected coz u deserve them for all ur hardwork!
    I sat C3 as a yr 12, and my A* was marked as an A :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by muonfrisbee98)
    I sat C3 as a yr 12, and my A* was marked as an A :/
    A* is not actually a grade you can get in an individual exam. It is just displayed on the boundaries for convenience.

It only counts on the UMS you get between the modules which count towards the A* for the overall grade.

When you combine this with a C4 grade which enables you get 90% across the two, your overall grade will become an A*.

ReputationRep:
    I got a B in C3 and C4 but an E in M1 so got a C overall

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congrats!!! I thought medicine wanted all A grades or above? Am I wrong?

ReputationRep:
    I got 100UMS on C3 and C4. Jesus Christ, I thought I ****ed C3 so badly beyond repair. The grade boundaries must've been ridiculously low.

ReputationRep:
    I failed Maths completely... I was expecting B/C but ended up with D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymoose12)
    I got 100UMS on C3 and C4. Jesus Christ, I thought I ****ed C3 so badly beyond repair. The grade boundaries must've been ridiculously low.
    Same, yep it was 59/75 for full UMS on C3!

ReputationRep:
    Are there any more examiner reports?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys i want to get one of my modules remarked but apparently theres a priority access to script? Where u get the script so you can discuss whether remark is a suitable choice. But is the script the paper ive written my anwers on or just the empty question paper?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Pablo Picasso)
    You should only lose one mark provided you integrated everything else correctly
    hahahahahha remember how you was being an absolute prick in this chat about the marks being 60 for an A*, GUESS WHO LOOKS LIKE A KNOB HEAD NOW HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAH u ****ing prick

ReputationRep:
    What was supposed to be so hard about this exam?
    • Community Assistant
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by B_9710)
    What was supposed to be so hard about this exam?
    Silly people probably got caught off by the x^x question and whatever numerical method they had to apply. Also the last question, and some nasty algebraic manipulations throughout the paper. Very different from previous papers for your average maths student. I'm not complaining about that paper though

ReputationRep:
    I'm in year 12 and only ended up with 78/100 pfft, surprised I got higher than a D tbh

ReputationRep:
    Thought i'd flopped this exam, but ended up getting 100 UMS. Never been so relieved to see a grade boundary though, 53 for an A* is unreal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spmenz123)
    Thought i'd flopped this exam, but ended up getting 100 UMS. Never been so relieved to see a grade boundary though, 53 for an A* is unreal
    I know, it's a joke isn't it.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.