Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dangerouswoman)
    I put 'more accurate' or 'more reliable results'. Something like that should get you the marks. Was it 1 or 2 marks? I can't remember
    1 mark question. Better Resolution should suffice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AJ2104)
    General Predictions

Plenty of papers always start with atomic structure, so that is charges, location of sub-atomic particles, electronic configuration, mass of atoms, etc.

Most likely there will be equations that will need to be balanced, they are getting harder each year though.

AQA has started asking questions about topics such as emulsions and hardening of oils. You should know the structure of the emulsifier and the conditions for hardening. If you are every stuck when it comes to talking about conditions with anything to do on C1 just write down that it needs to be hot with a catalyst.

Looking at examiner reports, they often complain saying that students rarely answer bromine water questions correctly. The examiners love asking questions about topics that students will have no clue on (as we've seen in B1 already).

Displacement reactions might come up. Along with this a lot of practical experiment questions pop up in exams, so you should know how to work out the mean, spot anomalies, drawing graphs, predictions from data, lines of best fit, etc.

A lot of organic chemistry is likely to come up because of the amount of it that was on the course. For example, ethanol, how it is used, how it is produced, the problems with it; alkanes and alkenes and polymers as well. These were topics that examiners commented on in last year's report.

Potential 6 mark questions:

Anything to do with limestone, so quarrying, its production and the cycle of limestone. The reason for this is because it is not in the new specification so we will be one of the last years to be examined about this.

Polymers may appear because it is a big part of the new specification. So you need to know how to draw polymers, ethical issues to do with plastics, etc.

The Miller-Urey experiment hasn't come up in a long while either.
    This is great thanks.

The Chemistry is On the 24th and the physics is Thursday is that right also?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by habeeb_00)
    Independent company would be unaffiliated with the drug company

Legal, recreational

Boys drink more beer, lager, cider than girls, girls drink more of everything else

It's too small a sample size

Fat - store of energy and warmth
    Carbs/sugars - used for energy through respiration
    Proteins - growth, repair of cells, replacement of old ones
    Fibre - used to aid digestion

Skin is sense organ for spinal cord

80/50 = 1.6 for neurone speed

That's jumbled up - what did ya get for the horses one
    Another reason for the all boys question would be that the sample was only taken from the UK so other places might differ

ReputationRep:
    The question about mosquitos would be:
    ADV:
    less money spent on treating people with malaria

Less people dying/suffering from malaria

DADV:
    It could lead to the extinction of the species

The gene could be introduced into the food chain leading to death of the young population pf other species

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tmansfield039)
    Could you have written invertibrates for the organism that indicates polloution?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yes. I don't know I had written oxygen level😊

ReputationRep:
    What was the answer for the independent company?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by redsoules)
    This is great thanks.

The Chemistry is On the 24th and the physics is Thursday is that right also?
    Chemistry (c1) is Thursday 19th and physics (p1) is Wednesday 25th may

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M451)
    0.67% I'm pretty sure
    It was 0.67. 3x10^3=300,000,000. 2x10^6=2,000,000. 2,000,000/300,000,000x100=0.66666667

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thanatos0239)
    What the hell does alcohol has to do with Biology? That's like Unit 3 Chemistry not Unit 1 Biology! I bet AQA were drunk while writing this exam, hence the alcohol questions...
    B1.3.1 e) from your spec

(Original post by CBC123)
    What was the actual 6 mark question? I know the answer just want to know the question as close to the wording as possible?
    "Mineral ions are an important component of a healthy diet.
    Describe how the other components of hte diet are important in keeping us healthy.
    In your answer you should refer to:
    * The different components
    * Why we need each component"

(Original post by shohaib712)
    what was the answer for the line graph question? - i wrote that it was continous data (but apparently it was actually discrete data/ that there was no correlation)
    Well it wasn't a line graph, it was a scatter plot, so it'll be about spotting correlation between two continuous variables.

ReputationRep:
    For the last question, did it ask for an indicator animal or species? I've seen a few people moan about saying lichens, but I'm more than sure it said species?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asc.asc)
    Is the one where it asks you about why a scatter graph was chosen is because it's appropriate to show relationship between two sets of continuous data?
    Can't you just write continuous data ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2016gcseexams)
    Apparently there was a question near the start about rats?? I don't remember any question like that only the indep business and the diet one, can anyone tell me what the one about the rats was?
    yh i dont remember anything about rats, im hoping ive not missed out 2 pages :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nuraaa)
    yh i dont remember anything about rats, im hoping ive not missed out 2 pages :/
    Did you do the bit about 15 year olds drinking alcohol?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ammara-123)
    The percentage of people that died from malaria??

Posted from TSR Mobile
    That was so hard

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mlb37)
    Did you do the bit about 15 year olds drinking alcohol?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Girls drank more alcoholic drinks than boys. I calculated it. Was that right?

ReputationRep:
    that paper was sooooo hard, i hope they bring the grade boundries down

ReputationRep:
    yepp i hope they bring the grade boundaries down

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thecomputernerd)
    did people put for the biomass that it is lost through faeces and movement/heat
    I put that it was lost through faeces and respiration!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by z_o_e)
    Girls drank more alcoholic drinks than boys. I calculated it. Was that right?
    Yeah I think so. I'm sure the drunk rats was on that page?? Maybe you just didn't read it through

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    The malaria percentage was 0.67

Legal, recreational

Boys drink more beer, lager, cider than girls, girls drink more of everything else

Legal, recreational

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: May 16, 2017
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.