Edexcel GCSE Mathematics A Higher Paper 2016 Unofficial Markscheme

Announcements Posted on
How helpful is our apprenticeship zone? Have your say with our short survey 02-12-2016

ReputationRep:
    for question 18a is 14/5 accepted?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 34908seikj)
    High A borderline A*
    So then a C would be in the 30s right?

ReputationRep:
    Here is the thread for the Foundation paper:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4121887

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LieutenantJ)
    One question, are we allowed to use highlighters in the exam please?
    yea you can, just don't write your answers in them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sophiee23)
    So then a C would be in the 30s right?
    Probably 35-40

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KieranPRTL)
    Would you say if I got 32-35 marks in both of the papers I would be safe? Or nah?
    safe as houses mate

ReputationRep:
    Some people on this thread are beggars belief, uneducated degenerate impotents, NATURAL SELECTION WILL GET YOU, stupid retards.

ReputationRep:
    I got 36 I made some mistakes. I'm aiming for a C anyway. I need to get 40 on the calculator paper

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Wasn't question 1, 3 marks not 2

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Hey looking at the unofficial mark scheme I calculated that I got:

Questions I definitely got all marks: Q1-14 correct, q15 (I think I dropped a mark), q16-21 correct, q24 (probs lost a maximum of 3 marks), and q25 (I got most the working out however my working out was everywhere so not sure the examiner will know where my marks are)?

The questions I nearly got full marks (got all full method marks, but wrong answer due to stupid mistakes): q12, 15, 24, 25

Questions I think I got no marks at all or a few method marks: 19, 22 (1-2 method marks), 25.

Could someone tell me is this likely to be an A*? I know we can't change the questions but it will let me know whether I need to work harder for the calculator exam!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomiakande)
    harshly marked i got 87/88 , soo annoyed with myself for not checking 2 of my answers again, would gave gotten 90+ ah well, hopefully, i get 90-99 in the next paper
    Same

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any one did the 3HR IGCSE Edexcel Maths exam (Higher tier) today?? A ms would be greatly appreciated

ReputationRep:
    L
    (Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    Thank you all for contributing!
    Please post the foundation markscheme!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EZmathsEXAM)
    Some people on this thread are beggars belief, uneducated degenerate impotents, NATURAL SELECTION WILL GET YOU, stupid retards.
    That feel when...

ReputationRep:
    You know the question where its 100-25pi, I put that in my working out but for the answer i put 75pi (regretting my life rn) Will i lose marks?

ReputationRep:
    question 10 is an error, pretty sure its -3,-2.5

ReputationRep:
    Will 67 be an A?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    Hey looking at the unofficial mark scheme I calculated that I got:

Questions I definitely got all marks: Q1-14 correct, q15 (I think I dropped a mark), q16-21 correct, q24 (probs lost a maximum of 3 marks), and q25 (I got most the working out however my working out was everywhere so not sure the examiner will know where my marks are)?

The questions I nearly got full marks (got all full method marks, but wrong answer due to stupid mistakes): q12, 15, 24, 25

Questions I think I got no marks at all or a few method marks: 19, 22 (1-2 method marks), 25.

Could someone tell me is this likely to be an A*? I know we can't change the questions but it will let me know whether I need to work harder for the calculator exam!
    How many marks did you get altogether?

ReputationRep:
    thank you, i hope that we will get the paper on the foundation thread too and see how much we have scored...dead worried i made silly mistakes

(Original post by LogicalFallacy)
    Here is the thread for the Foundation paper:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4121887

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EZmathsEXAM)
    Maybe the government's new trolling regulations will get you...

Write a reply… Reply
Submit reply

Register

Thanks for posting! You just need to create an account in order to submit the post
  1. this can't be left blank
    that username has been taken, please choose another Forgotten your password?
  2. this can't be left blank
    this email is already registered. Forgotten your password?
  3. this can't be left blank

6 characters or longer with both numbers and letters is safer

4. this can't be left empty
    your full birthday is required
  1. Oops, you need to agree to our Ts&Cs to register
  2. Slide to join now Processing…

Updated: November 15, 2016
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Today on TSR
Poll
Would you rather have...?
Study resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.