Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi, is there a scanned in version (PDF) of the paper anywhere? Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeHales151)
    On question number 7 (Trial and Improvement) I got 3.7, I got the full working out correctly,would I get 3 marks?
    Yeah definitely 3 marks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HateOCR)
    If you worked out the difference between 3.8 and 3.7 to 3.75 then u will see that 3.7 is closer trust me im not wrong.
    You are wrong. hJust look at any past paper question and read the mark scheme then lol.

You are meant to find the SOLUTION OF X to 1 dp, not which one is closer.....

ReputationRep:
    Did anyone else get -3-4x for question 24a?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OllieBiggs)
    ***urgent***

will 168/169/170 be an a*
    Yes it will be

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elli_s)
    Same
    For question 19, I done the correct formula but I think I put 10 males instead of 11, would I get a mark

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SalopJack)
    No it wasn't the exact answer was 3.75045.
    go on a calculator now and work it out.
    it was 3.8
    it was closer to 3.7. all my friends, teachers agreed with me. if we are all wrong well thats a bummer because itll mean i got 99/100 in the paper

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sammyboyg101)
    Did anyone else get -3-4x for question 24a?
    yes me

ReputationRep:
    Can someone add images of the exam paper and the answers on them so it is easier to recall what I got please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chloetbqh)
    Wait what even was the parallel lines question lol
    It was the triangle with parallel lines running through it. I think 54 was the alternate angle

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jtb135)
    The question:
    The question: The equation - x^3 - 5x = 34has a solution between 3 and 4Use trial and improvement method to find this solutionGive your answer correct to 1 decimal placeYou must show all your working

correct to 1d.p. doesnt mean to round from a number. you need to find the closest number that is to 1 d.p. we're on the same page here
    I totally agree there was no rounding needed. That's why people are butt hurt and being all defensive. They didn't read it properly so did it wrong. You had to find what was closer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JoeHales151)
    For question 19, I done the correct formula but I think I put 10 males instead of 11, would I get a mark
    I think ur answer will not be accepted because it was 10.8 recurring, since its higher than 0.5 then your ment to round up. if ur examiner is kind ull get the mark tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mariam687)
    yes thats it lol

this is what happens to me after exams xD
    How'd you find the exam?

ReputationRep:
    it was closer to 3.7. all my friends, teachers agreed with me. if we are all wrong well thats a bummer because itll mean i got 99/100 in the paper
    It's 3.8, check any past paper question and read the mark scheme.

You need to find the solution of x to 1 dp, not which dp is closer to it.

3.75 is not x, it's too small, so the solution of x is after 3.75 so it rounds to 3.8

Good luck with the 99 or 98 though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dm1717)
    Yes it will be
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    If you worked out the difference between 3.8 and 3.7 to 3.75 then u will see that 3.7 is closer trust me im not wrong.
    Are you sure about that because all of my top set class got 3.8 myself included? I mean you might be right but I thought it would most likely be 3.8

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Do you think the grade c bo8ndry would be 65

ReputationRep:
    go use a calculator and check then if you dont believe me. you got it wrong so unlcuky

ReputationRep:
    FOR one of them I rounded to 3.7 because it was rtechnically closer

ReputationRep:
    cheers, so if i scaled it properly, i should be fine?

(Original post by Kajsajbas)
    I wrote frequency density I think you had to just to show what you understood the y axis

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 5, 2017
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.