Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I got e for number 10 MC--I believe the answer was if PI(n) = 2, you can get every last digit, which I thought was false because you can't get 4, because 2 is the only even prime. I believe the question was asking which answer choice was false.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pressurize)
    I got e for number 10 MC--I believe the answer was if PI(n) = 2, you can get every last digit, which I thought was false because you can't get 4, because 2 is the only even prime. I believe the question was asking which answer choice was false.
    isn't P(14) = 2 (since 14 = 2 * 7)
    and x(14) = 4

?

or did i misread what P(x) was

ReputationRep:
    if you try 11*4 you get 2 distinct factors

ReputationRep:
    You're right...oops

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0.4444)
    if you try 11*4 you get 2 distinct factors
    The answer to j was b

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amitbalter)
    The answer to j was b
    I think i put b, not 100% sure.

ReputationRep:
    You're right...oops
    Ive made tons of silly mistakes too. There more annoying when you understand the question but mess it up anyways.

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get partial credit on a specific part in a long problem? slash is 80 a decent score (im american)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amitbalter)
    The answer to j was b
    Yes i got b

ReputationRep:
    Is it possible to get partial credit on a specific part in a long problem? slash is 80 a decent score (im american)
    80 will be a fantastic score, and yes.

ReputationRep:
    Well, after looking at this I think I got around 60, hopefully it's good enough

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quido)
    Well, after looking at this I think I got around 60, hopefully it's good enough
    I think I got around 65 to 70. I hope it doesn't go down any further as this forum gets longer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m0.4444)
    I think I got around 65 to 70. I hope it doesn't go down any further as this forum gets longer.
    I'm just gonna have to avoid this thread for a while haha

ReputationRep:
    Is anyone gonna upload an unofficial mark scheme?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Quido)
    I'm just gonna have to avoid this thread for a while haha
    I am pretty much non-productive unless i see this thread. But I wish I would just stay away from it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RuairiMorrissey)
    I got 10 combinations but 107 and 117 for c? I couldn't explain why they were the values though.
    If you calculate them all carefully, they all come to 107. This rhymes with the fact that the function A^n(B^m(x))= (2^n)(3^n)x+(2^n*3^n - 1) which is used in the last question. Note that 107 = 108-1

The latter also shows that it is impossible to reach 214x+96 (or whatever it was) since for each compound function added, the constant is > 1/2 the x coefficient. Hence, since 96 < 1/2 of 214, it is impossible with any sum.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidBick)
    If you calculate them all carefully, they all come to 107. This rhymes with the fact that the function A^n(B^m(x))= (2^n)(3^n)x+(2^n*3^n - 1) which is used in the last question. Note that 107 = 108-1

The latter also shows that it is impossible to reach 214x+96 (or whatever it was) since for each compound function added, the constant is > 1/2 the x coefficient. Hence, since 96 < 1/2 of 214, it is impossible with any sum.
    How many marks do you think those two parts were?

ReputationRep:

They didn't all come to 107.

ReputationRep:

I got the same result but said 1/6 instead of 1/2 since m and n both are positive ints.

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I've not done well enough to get an interview : (

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: October 30, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.