UKCAT 2008 Thread Watch

crackerbox
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Ahhhh I've got UKCAT in 3 1/2 hours. :eek:
Also ditto ^^ I did it last year and my score wasn't amazing but I'm worried I'll totally mess up and wish I had last years.
IndiaRubber
Report 10 years ago
*hug*

i'm off! two hours!

best of luck!!!
El-Taji
Report 10 years ago
hi
does anyone now average ukcat score for last year?
IndiaRubber
Report 10 years ago
712.5 wheeee!!!
x.beth.x
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by IndiaRubber)
712.5 wheeee!!!
Well done! What was your breakdown?
IndiaRubber
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El-Taji)
hi
does anyone now average ukcat score for last year?
around 600 i believe.
it was just under 600 in 2006.
IndiaRubber
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by x.beth.x)
Well done! What was your breakdown?
Thank you, well done to you too! *high five*

VR- 690 (:/)
QR- 680
AR- 730
DA- 750.

i'm happy. i was expecting less than 600.
shami
Report 10 years ago
guys help, i got 590 for my ukcat.. i am planning to apply to st Andrews and Glasgow do you think they will accept me?
KYH
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Just got back now from the test centre.
Vr-530
Qr-650
Ar-630
Da-740
Avg-638
Seriously glad it's over!! And did better than I thought I would! And any of you still worrying about the practice Qr questions...I think I worked out about 7 questions....completely panicked due to thinking I was going too slowly and a faulty calculator..guessed the rest and still managed to get 650! There is hope!
Hmm..I think I may have guessed about half of the exam X)
Advice-good nights sleep and keeping calm...can't stress it enough...it makes all the difference!
Kerjagga
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
I just did the test a few hours ago –

VR 590
QR 660
AR 720
DA 750

Average = 680

I’m a little disappointed, but I will live. My advice for anyone that is about to take the test is to not focus on the time limit. The only section that I answered more than two thirds of the questions on was the DA.

Could someone tell me what they think of my non-cognitive analysis? I noticed that some people have been writing three parts, but I only got two, anyone else?

1. Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you appear to balance being self-sufficient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions with being socially and emotionally engaged and outgoing.

2. Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you place a higher value on the laws, norms, conventions and expectations of society. This approach may cause you a dilemma when they appear to conflict with the freedom or rights of individuals. In such circumstances you may be more likely than others to support the rights and needs of the society or community over those of the individual.

scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kerjagga)
Could someone tell me what they think of my non-cognitive analysis? I noticed that some people have been writing three parts, but I only got two, anyone else?
Don't worry, I only had one, which was basically the opposite of your number 2, saying I was more likely to place higher significance on the rights and well being of individuals than the expectations of society.

Well done on your score by the way, why on earth are you disappointed?
cucumber sandwich
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Anyone else that can't access the ukcat site? I badly need to register
x.beth.x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by Kerjagga)
I just did the test a few hours ago –

VR 590
QR 660
AR 720
DA 750

Average = 680

I’m a little disappointed, but I will live. My advice for anyone that is about to take the test is to not focus on the time limit. The only section that I answered more than two thirds of the questions on was the DA.

1. Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you appear to balance being self-sufficient, discreet and happy to make your own decisions with being socially and emotionally engaged and outgoing.

2. Compared to the responses of other people, your responses suggest that you place a higher value on the laws, norms, conventions and expectations of society. This approach may cause you a dilemma when they appear to conflict with the freedom or rights of individuals. In such circumstances you may be more likely than others to support the rights and needs of the society or community over those of the individual.

I only got one too which was like your number 2 but it said I balanced the individual/ society thing. So don't worry!
crackerbox
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
Finally did mine today. Not dissapointed and not overjoyed either, mainly because its pretty close to what I got so its what I expected.
VR 690
QR 710
AR 590 (really thought I had done miles better on this)
DA 710
Average 675
Good to have it over and done with, good luck to everyone else who still needs to sit it !
scaryhair
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by crackerbox)
Finally did mine today. Not dissapointed and not overjoyed either, mainly because its pretty close to what I got so its what I expected.
VR 690
QR 710
AR 590 (really thought I had done miles better on this)
DA 710
Average 675
Good to have it over and done with, good luck to everyone else who still needs to sit it !
That's a good, solid average. Well done you It's a nice feeling once it's over, one more thing out of the way!
OriginofSymmetry
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by shami)
guys help, i got 590 for my ukcat.. i am planning to apply to st Andrews and Glasgow do you think they will accept me?

Well, I don't know that they will accept you, obviously; but I honestly believe that, if you have everything else (4 As and a B, extra curricular, work exp. etc.), you have a decent chance. It only accounts for less than 10% of the original app... not even counting the interview.
El-Taji
Report 10 years ago
basically would just like to know how much weight manchster and lecister have on teh ukcat........thanks
x.beth.x
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
(Original post by El-Taji)
basically would just like to know how much weight manchster and lecister have on teh ukcat........thanks
Leicester have no cut off point and use the UKCAT along with everything else. Manchester use the UKCAT quite a bit but I'm not sure if they've got a specific cut off point.
jessieCAR
Report 10 years ago
Do the sites for unis specify their cut-off points.
My average is 643 and I'm a bit worried.
xxx
linca2
Rep:
?
Report 10 years ago
lol i need to book mine still! best hop to it XD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (124)
39.62%
No - but I will (17)
5.43%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.39%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (152)
48.56%

Watched Threads